PDA

View Full Version : Alabama running back gets severe penalty for mocking jff

Mazeppa
9/20/2013, 07:31 PM
This is really gonna hurt this kid!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/report-alabama-rb-t-j-yeldon-suspended-quarter-211342779--ncaaf.html

Collier11
9/20/2013, 07:38 PM
Im sensing sarcasm in your statement and I think you are underselling the suspension. He was given a 15 yd penalty, Saban doesn't have to do anything to him outside of making him run some gassers yet he suspended him. If they were playing LSU it may not have happened, but it is still a good discipline for what he did

Mazeppa
9/20/2013, 07:50 PM
It's almost as bad as the penalty jff got for "earning" extra money.

Collier11
9/20/2013, 08:29 PM
Well if you want to get into a debate, there was NO proof that JFF took anything. You cant be penalized just cus people don't like you, not how it works. And in this case, Saban didn't have the suspend the guy yet he did. But if it isn't OU we need to gripe about it I guess

BigTip
9/20/2013, 09:34 PM
The Vegas line just moved three points towards CSU. This is huge!

Yes, I kid.

OU_Sooners75
9/20/2013, 09:45 PM
Well if you want to get into a debate, there was NO proof that JFF took anything. You cant be penalized just cus people don't like you, not how it works. And in this case, Saban didn't have the suspend the guy yet he did. But if it isn't OU we need to gripe about it I guess

You honestly don't believe he didn't do you?

Name one person that is going to sign thousands of autographs for free in a hotel room!

Stop being naive!

Collier11
9/21/2013, 01:02 AM

Name one person that is going to sign thousands of autographs for free in a hotel room!

Stop being naive!

That is not what I said Tim...reading comprehension buddy. I said the ncaa had no proof. We all know he was likely taking money but if there is no paper trail, there is nothing the NCAA can do.

yermom
9/21/2013, 04:26 AM
they why suspend him at all?

that's just retarded

and that was a pretty tight game to just give away 15 yards for being stupid

jkjsooner
9/21/2013, 07:03 AM
That is not what I said Tim...reading comprehension buddy. I said the ncaa had no proof. We all know he was likely taking money but if there is no paper trail, there is nothing the NCAA can do.

You implied that all we had was that people didn't like him and he signed autographs. You forget that the brokers told the media that they paid Manziel and at least one media rep saw an incriminating video.

Two points: the NCAA of old wouldn't have a problem using hearsay as evidence especially when there are multiple statements and the person repeating those statements is a respected member of the media. The NCAA didn't have to close the investigation so quickly. They clearly wanted it to go away.

There was plenty of evidence to convince most people that Manziel took money. It might not be admissible in a court of law but that never stopped the NCAA of old.

Collier11
9/21/2013, 12:37 PM
There was no video of money exchanging hands, and it doesn't matter what the brokers said unless their is a paper trail. Again, what the public thinks or even what the ncaa "thinks" doesn't matter if it cant be proven. I could say that I know that you like to make love to ducks, and if I had a pic of you with a duck, you would be guilty by your stance :D

OU_Sooners75
9/21/2013, 01:09 PM

Stop being naive!

Then why suspend him at all if they had absolutely no proof?

OU_Sooners75
9/21/2013, 01:11 PM
There was no video of money exchanging hands, and it doesn't matter what the brokers said unless their is a paper trail. Again, what the public thinks or even what the ncaa "thinks" doesn't matter if it cant be proven. I could say that I know that you like to make love to ducks, and if I had a pic of you with a duck, you would be guilty by your stance :D

There was no video of money exchanging hands for Hart Lee Dykes either.

There was no video of money changing hands for Reggie Bush.

There was no video of Bomar receiving money.

Collier11
9/21/2013, 01:44 PM
Then why suspend him at all if they had absolutely no proof?
Did you read the case at all? The NCAA had nothing to suspend him on as far as taking money so A&M and Manziel agreed to a half suspension because someone took money on his behalf. They couldn't prove that Manziel had ordered him to take money on his behalf so they couldn't do more

Collier11
9/21/2013, 01:45 PM
There was no video of money exchanging hands for Hart Lee Dykes either.

There was no video of money changing hands for Reggie Bush.

There was no video of Bomar receiving money.

there was evidence in all cases. The ncaa got access to Manziels account and saw no improper money going in or out

Therealsouthsider
9/21/2013, 02:14 PM
there was evidence in all cases. The ncaa got access to Manziels account and saw no improper money going in or out

...pretty lame, I often carry/keep large amounts of cash and my bank never sniffs it...why would anyone doing something they know is wrong make a deposit in a bank...really?

ss

BoulderSooner79
9/21/2013, 03:15 PM
...pretty lame, I often carry/keep large amounts of cash and my bank never sniffs it...why would anyone doing something they know is wrong make a deposit in a bank...really?

ss

The NSA knows about you now...

Collier11
9/21/2013, 04:40 PM

ss

this is the last time im gonna say this so if you cannot figure it out on your own, I cant help any further. NO PAPER TRAIL

ouwasp
9/21/2013, 04:48 PM
Listen guys, Collier is correct. Everybody, you, me, Collier, The A&M prez knows Johnny Jack*** took some money, it just cannot be proven.

So much for the vaunted Aggie code of honor or whatever it's called.

Collier11
9/21/2013, 04:52 PM
we all know he is slime but that doesn't matter

Mazeppa
9/21/2013, 08:59 PM
we all know he is slime but that doesn't matter

So I guess being a slime cost him a half a game. That will teach him, way to go ncaa!

Collier11
9/22/2013, 10:48 AM
you sound like a bratty little kid who didn't get his way...would you want an ncaa to suspend an OU guy just because everyone thought he was guilty?