PDA

View Full Version : Methinks Bo Pellini's gonna have some extra issues to deal with soon.....

Salt City Sooner
9/16/2013, 04:47 PM
http://deadspin.com/bo-pelini-on-nebraska-fans-****-you-fans-****-all-o-1327398903?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitte r&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

&

http://college-football.si.com/2013/09/16/nebraska-cornhuskers-bo-pelini-tommie-frazier-criticism/

SoonerPride
9/16/2013, 04:52 PM
Poor Bugeaters. The fans are just beginning to realize they suck. At least their coach has known it since 2011. lol

tycat947
9/16/2013, 05:03 PM
If Pelleni loses a couple more games he'll be out just like Mack. He's been a decent coach but I don't think he'll ever be what Huskers envision him to be. There defense is pretty bad and he's a defensive coach.

8timechamps
9/16/2013, 08:41 PM
I'm gonna give Pelleni kudos for accepting the blame for the UCLA game. If you've ever watch a Nebraska game, you can't help but notice how hard core the guy is, and I've often thought if I were a coach at any other B1G school, I'd use that demeanor against him in recruiting.

Today, he said he thinks he's made the atmosphere within the program one where the players are more afraid to make mistakes than they are motivated to win games. He said that he had cultivated that environment, and he's going to change.

If I'm a Bugeater fan, I'm not sure that's enough for me, but as an outside, unbiased observer, I think that's a pretty big deal for him.

Of course, it could just be talk, and he won't really try to calm down, but if he does, he may find that player respond better.

MyT Oklahoma
9/16/2013, 08:48 PM
I don't care what happens to the Bugeatters since they left our conference.

CatfishSooner
9/16/2013, 10:17 PM
haha comment from the 1st link:
"Nebraska coach says **** You to Nebraska fans;becomes oddly more likeable to non-Nebraska fans" Today 5:36pm

Soonerfan88
9/16/2013, 10:31 PM
I heartily endorse his view of the fans. I don't care how fake & nice they are in Lincoln on Saturday, most are *******s Sunday-Friday. They also got much worse when Dr. Tom Hypocrite left and the losing started.

CatfishSooner
9/16/2013, 10:37 PM
I heartily endorse his view of the fans. I don't care how fake & nice they are in Lincoln on Saturday, most are *******s Sunday-Friday. They also got much worse when Dr. Tom Hypocrite left and the losing started.

Totally agree. They were playing the "nice" fan bit before the 2006 Big XII 'ship at Arrowhead, but man once the game started and especially after, they were ****ing *** holes

Therealsouthsider
9/16/2013, 11:02 PM
...Nebraska still has a football team? wow...good for them!

ss

Piware
9/17/2013, 12:56 AM
Maybe it's a Big Ten thingy.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/17/2013, 02:15 AM
haha comment from the 1st link:
"Nebraska coach says **** You to Nebraska fans;becomes oddly more likeable to non-Nebraska fans" Today 5:36pmHey, any non-Sooner that badmouths their own team, FOR JUST ABOUT ANY REASON, has become a better person.

stoopified
9/17/2013, 06:21 AM
I think Pellini is on a hotter seast than Mack becaUSE NEBRASKA ADMINIDTRATION AS WELL AS FANS ARE UNFORGIVING AND MERCILESS. I don't expect Bo to be back,regardless of what happens the rest of this year. Mack on the other hand will proably be back if he can win at least 7-8 games.

olevetonahill
9/17/2013, 06:46 AM
I think Pellini is on a hotter seast than Mack becaUSE NEBRASKA ADMINIDTRATION AS WELL AS FANS ARE UNFORGIVING AND MERCILESS. I don't expect Bo to be back,regardless of what happens the rest of this year. Mack on the other hand will proably be back if he can win at least 7-8 games.

So yer sayin Mack is GONE?

swardboy
9/17/2013, 07:04 AM

So yer sayin' there's a chance?

cleller
9/17/2013, 07:39 AM
I don't know if I'm more disappointed in Neb leaving, or mad at Texas for apparently laying the groundwork that caused them to leave.

In the end, Neb was the one that ran rather than fight, I guess. They are a shadow of their former selves, and crumbled when it counted.

badger
9/17/2013, 08:06 AM
Remember the way they cast out Frank Solich --- with their athletic director proclaiming that they wouldn't cede the Big 12 to Oklahoma and Texas and that he was going to be a search committee of one?

(which of course, resulted in the hiring of worthless Bill Callahan)

If they want to be great again, they need to come back to the Big 12 where they can recruit to the south. But, that won't happen because they're filled with proud people that think they're just a season or two away from reproducing 1995

9/17/2013, 11:07 AM
Remember the way they cast out Frank Solich --- with their athletic director proclaiming that they wouldn't cede the Big 12 to Oklahoma and Texas and that he was going to be a search committee of one?

(which of course, resulted in the hiring of worthless Bill Callahan)

If they want to be great again, they need to come back to the Big 12 where they can recruit to the south. But, that won't happen because they're filled with proud people that think they're just a season or two away from reproducing 1995Doesn't appear the nebbish fans are ANYWHERE near accepting a major fall from power. Especially one that lasts a long time.

badger
9/17/2013, 11:15 AM
As noted in the linked article, the Bo dirt is rearing its ugly head now that Nebrasky is probably not going to be in competition for its conference, let alone the national title.

It's easy to overlook a few f*** yous when you have a defensive finalist for the Heisman, you're competing for the Big 12/Big Ten titles annually and you have a feel-good offseason story with a Make a Wish Kid outrunning the entire Blackshirt defense.

Bo and his bro are far angrier on the sidelines and Bob Stoops and his bro are. I bet there's tons more dirt on Bo & Bro ready to be unveiled

Ruf/Nek7
9/17/2013, 11:53 AM
Pelini and Mack are such good friends that they decided to share the same hot seat.

Edmond Sooner
9/17/2013, 11:53 AM

Unfortunately - and I say "unfortunately" only in the context of this singular instance and regarding the single issue of keeping Clappy the Clown as their head coach - looking at their remaining schedule I just don't see how the Whorns get even three more wins. Normally, this would fill me with joy - I wish UT would go 0-12 every year and don't give a d*mn about these "that's bad for our conference" lullabies.

But Mack's been great for OU in the RRR, let's face it. Four blowouts with a combined total of points that are more than UT has ever lost to another team in UT's history. That's Mack's legacy for the RRR and I, for one, wish he could stay head coach down there forever. So, for this year, I would hope Texas could eke out just enough games to let Mackie Magpie keep his job. :mack::texan:

Widescreen
9/17/2013, 11:56 AM
It's easy to overlook a few f*** yous when you have a defensive finalist for the Heisman, you're competing for the Big 12/Big Ten titles annually and you have a feel-good offseason story with a Make a Wish Kid outrunning the entire Blackshirt defense.

The problem is that in their current state, Make a Wish kids really would outrun their defense. And it's not really feel-good for UNL fans.

Vegas Sooner
9/17/2013, 11:57 AM
He is gone. There is no way they will allow that.

cherokeebrewer
9/17/2013, 11:59 AM
Never knew Bo had such a foul mouth. Gotta watch out for those secret recordings tho...

badger
9/17/2013, 12:08 PM
He is gone. There is no way they will allow that.

I don't know whether to applaud them or give them an Olympic "not impressed" look.

So they're better than Iowa at least, which has clung to Coach Kirk in fears that they won't be able to hire someone else as good/better.

But at the same time, they are now about on the same tier as Iowa, so who the hell is going to coach there worth a damn?

Widescreen
9/17/2013, 12:14 PM
I don't know whether to applaud them or give them an Olympic "not impressed" look.

So they're better than Iowa at least, which has clung to Coach Kirk in fears that they won't be able to hire someone else as good/better.

But at the same time, they are now about on the same tier as Iowa, so who the hell is going to coach there worth a damn?
It's still Nebraska. I'm sure people were saying the same thing about OU in 1998. Someone - probably a young hotshot - would walk to Lincoln to be the Nebraska coach.

badger
9/17/2013, 12:33 PM
It's still Nebraska. I'm sure people were saying the same thing about OU in 1998. Someone - probably a young hotshot - would walk to Lincoln to be the Nebraska coach.

Joe C made the hire of a lifetime in finding Florida DC Bob Stoops, then Stoops followed that up by making his coordinators a bunch of talented future head coaches in Mike Leach, Mike Stoops, Mark Mangino, etc etc.

Could Nebraska do that too? Here, let me post a screenshot of Jim Carrey from Dumber and Dumber :P

En_Fuego
9/17/2013, 01:07 PM

Nebraska was Nebraska, now they are just Nebraska.

jkjsooner
9/17/2013, 01:21 PM

That might be the case but even in '98 we had inroads into Texas recruiting. NU may have shot themselves in the foot with their move to the Big 10.

tycat947
9/17/2013, 01:31 PM
That might be the case but even in '98 we had inroads into Texas recruiting. NU may have shot themselves in the foot with their move to the Big 10.

You are correct! Even though Oklahoma isn't necessarily a recruiting hotbed we are next door to Texas and Nebraska is next door to Iowa, South Dakota, Kansas and Wyoming.

badger
9/17/2013, 01:41 PM
I just peeked at Nebrasky's current roster -- 15 from Texas, if my counting's not off. (http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&SPID=22&SPSID=4)

But, surprisingly, this seems about par for the course for them

8timechamps
9/17/2013, 04:58 PM
Nebraska will end up winning a considerable amount of games this year. Remember, they're in the B1G...and that may be the worst preforming conference in the country.

sendbaht
9/17/2013, 07:26 PM
I don't care what happens to the Bugeatters since they left our conference.

I used to like them and even root for them unless they were playing OU...now could care less about them....fair weather friends

9/17/2013, 08:16 PM
ALL the other colleges are our foes, regardless of conference affiliation.

badger
9/18/2013, 08:21 AM
Nebraska will end up winning a considerable amount of games this year. Remember, they're in the B1G...and that may be the worst preforming conference in the country.

That will just make their losses look worse, kind of like if we lay an egg against sh!tty Big 12 teams :(

Mac94
9/18/2013, 09:11 AM
Doesn't appear the nebbish fans are ANYWHERE near accepting a major fall from power. Especially one that lasts a long time.

I just wonder how Nebraska can regain what they once were. With the Big-12 they lost access to the Prop 48 kids and they also lost that "county scholarship' athlete that the Huskers of old were built on. Now with the Big-10 move they've cut themselves off from Texas recruiting. They are not in a fertile recruiting area and they are not located in a "destination" location like L.A., Austin, South Beach, etc. So how do they rebuild into some kind of power cut off from the resources that made them great in the past?

badger
9/18/2013, 09:20 AM
I just wonder how Nebraska can regain what they once were. With the Big-12 they lost access to the Prop 48 kids and they also lost that "county scholarship' athlete that the Huskers of old were built on. Now with the Big-10 move they've cut themselves off from Texas recruiting. They are not in a fertile recruiting area and they are not located in a "destination" location like L.A., Austin, South Beach, etc. So how do they rebuild into some kind of power cut off from the resources that made them great in the past?

They could always hire Kevin Sumlin :rcmad:

Or, they could take the Fulmer-Tennessee model, where you establish national recruiting since your state doesn't produce enough high-level talent.It worked for awhile, until the rest of the SEC caught on that he was stealing their state's talent.

Mac94
9/18/2013, 09:37 AM
Or, they could take the Fulmer-Tennessee model, where you establish national recruiting since your state doesn't produce enough high-level talent.It worked for awhile, until the rest of the SEC caught on that he was stealing their state's talent.

Still .... location, location, location. Tennessee is located close enough to recruiting areas like Florida/Georgia as well as Ohio to pull that off. Nebraska is strategically located close to what?

Jason White's Third Knee
9/18/2013, 09:56 AM
This is no BFD. Fans leave at halftime and the coach says F'em? Sounds about right. AND it was two years ago? Whoever the D-bag is that has been saving this for just the right time to crap on Pelini, I think you missed your window.

badger
9/18/2013, 10:06 AM
Nebraska is strategically located close to what?

Everything. Red Out Around the World, nyuck nyuck.

8timechamps
9/18/2013, 05:35 PM

I'm not sure they can.

It's going to take the entire conference turning around before they can make themselves an attractive draw to out-of-state talent. It could get ugly in Omaha before it gets any better.

9/18/2013, 07:03 PM
It's going to take the entire conference turning around before they can make themselves an attractive draw to out-of-state talent. It could get ugly in Omaha before it gets any better.That's a factor for sure, but they still have 2 things going for them:
1)they DO have a tradition of winning to draw on
2) they are the only big football school in their state. ie no Tulsa U nor LosuR to harrass them.

8timechamps
9/18/2013, 08:00 PM
That's a factor for sure, but they still have 2 things going for them:
1)they DO have a tradition of winning to draw on
2) they are the only big football school in their state. ie no Tulsa U nor LosuR to harrass them.

The right coach could come in and get the program back to (or close to) where it once was. But, it's going to take someone that's a recruiting whiz to attract the talent they once attained so easily.