PDA

View Full Version : Sterling Shepard

cherokeebrewer
9/16/2013, 09:55 AM
I'll date myself a little here, but in watching Sterling play, it's amazing how much he reminds me of his dad. Plus, he seems like a great young man and does the Shepard family proud. I think he's gonna be a Star!

Soonerfossil
9/16/2013, 04:26 PM
I'll agree he will develop into a top notch receiver. Gonna be fun watching him develop.

SoonerPride
9/16/2013, 04:46 PM
Great Sooner family.

stoopified
9/17/2013, 07:06 AM
I recall watching Sterling and Barry Sanders jr in high school and thinking Sterling is the better football player. So far in his OU career SS has 56 catches for 767 yds and 5 TDs.All I can find stat-wise for BSjr is his stats for this year,1 carry, 2 yards.Sterling will leave OU as one of OU's all-time best.

cherokeebrewer
9/17/2013, 09:25 AM
I recall watching Sterling and Barry Sanders jr in high school and thinking Sterling is the better football player.

We likely watched the same game. I remember thinking Barry jr is a nice player, but dang Sterling Shepard is everywhere...offense & defense. By far the best player on the field that night...

jkjsooner
9/17/2013, 09:30 AM
There's a lot of Danny Bradley to Derrick Shepard plays here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_z1JUje3zs

For those youngins that's Mark and Sterling's dads.

cherokeebrewer
9/29/2013, 06:08 AM
Seems like a good time to bump this up...Boomer! Your dad's smiling son.

picasso
9/29/2013, 03:06 PM
He has great hands. Seems a bit stiff at times running but let it loose this week.
I think he has a 40" vertical. Impressive.

Widescreen
9/29/2013, 03:44 PM
He has great hands. Seems a bit stiff at times running but let it loose this week.
I think he has a 40" vertical. Impressive.

Yes, he does look a little awkward running but I don't guess it matters as long as he's productive. Reminds me a little of Curtis Fagan when he's running and Fagan was notoriously inflexible. Sterling's dad would've been very proud yesterday.

Soonerus
9/29/2013, 03:46 PM
He is a star !!!

MyT Oklahoma
9/29/2013, 04:42 PM
Seems like a good time to bump this up...Boomer! Your dad's smiling son.

Amen.

Piware
9/29/2013, 05:41 PM
I love the legacy players but Derrick Shepard was one of my all time favorite Sooners. Every time Sterling makes a great play I know his daddy is smiling down on him.

King Crimson
9/29/2013, 05:59 PM
There's a lot of Danny Bradley to Derrick Shepard plays here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_z1JUje3zs

For those youngins that's Mark and Sterling's dads.

pretty cool viddie.

people forget danny bradley was Big 8 player of the year.

8timechamps
9/29/2013, 06:55 PM
I was a big Derrick Shepard fan. Derrick rarely touched the ball on offense, and back then any "issue" that arose from a loss or a close game was because we "needed to throw the ball", so Derrick was pretty popular. He also made a clutch play against Nebraska (I think in the '85 game, but it may have been '87), so that helped too.

Sterling is an outstanding kid, that to me, embodies everything about the Sooner football program (he's a legacy, he grew up around it and he has the ability to play for OU). I love the kid, and he is probably my favorite current Sooner.

cherokeebrewer
9/30/2013, 01:07 PM
Derrick: 75 catches for 1221 yards and 16.3 average, 8 TD's...not really rare for the wishbone. Kudos to Sterling not only for his timely catches against ND, but his great blocking on the edge & downfield.