PDA

View Full Version : Does OU beat Notre Dame?

SoonerPride
9/15/2013, 05:47 PM
Why or why not?

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/15/2013, 05:50 PM
Cuz we're friggin' due!

cleller
9/15/2013, 05:55 PM
Tough one. Hard to be objective.

This week, yes, two weeks from now, in South Bend, no prediction.

I like what Bell brings. May sound dumb, but last year in Norman, the times Bell came into the game were the only times I felt much optimism.

MojoRisen
9/15/2013, 06:18 PM
I think Gholston had a lot to do with beating us - with some impressive passing on the run on third down last year. I think we jack them up this year with Rease at the helm.. They have 2 weeks to improve but didn't look near as tough on D and Rease looked terrible.

Breadburner
9/15/2013, 06:32 PM
No turnovers....!!!

Harris County Sooner
9/15/2013, 06:53 PM
The Sooners never beat the domers. It is like an unwritten law. The onliest time it was broken was in 1956 when one of the best Sooner teams ever beat one of the worst Irish teams.

Therealsouthsider
9/15/2013, 06:55 PM
...it's a scalp I believe Stoops wants badly, I know the Sooner faithful have been waiting patiently for it to be delivered

ss

Flagstaffsooner
9/15/2013, 07:04 PM
We havent beat them since I was 4 months old. Thats been a long time.

BoulderSooner79
9/15/2013, 07:07 PM
Before yesterday, I'd no for sure. Things look much brighter given Bell's performance - now can he perform against a much better D is the question. Yards and points will be much tougher to come by, but Bell looked calm and composed which is great sign. Maybe more of concern is that the run game was not strong yesterday. ND has not been world beaters on offense, so I like our matchup there. But I'm sure they are more athletic than the teams we have played so far, so they will make some plays. We get to see how they do against a usually tough MSU team while OUr guys rest next weekend.

OU_Sooners75
9/15/2013, 07:30 PM
The Sooners never beat the domers. It is like an unwritten law. The onliest time it was broken was in 1956 when one of the best Sooner teams ever beat one of the worst Irish teams.

We will win this year!

CatfishSooner
9/15/2013, 07:58 PM
Victory b/c Domers suck!!!!

okiewaker
9/15/2013, 08:04 PM
Win! Take it Vegas and bet the house!

Flying Scotsman
9/15/2013, 08:10 PM
Bet Mack's house! He won't be needing it much longer....

DrZaius
9/15/2013, 08:14 PM
HELL YES!

Because

WE ARE OKLAHOMA

Jack T.
9/15/2013, 08:46 PM
...it's a scalp I believe Stoops wants badly, I know the Sooner faithful have been waiting patiently for it to be delivered

ss

Speak for yourself, bucko.

I'd bet that 95% of the people on this board have never seen OU beat ND.

En_Fuego
9/15/2013, 08:52 PM
Speak for yourself, bucko.

I'd bet that 95% of the people on this board have never seen OU beat ND.

I bet 100% of the people will see it in 13 days !!!!!!!!

Peeb
9/15/2013, 08:52 PM
I'm thinking, with Bell, yes.

swardboy
9/15/2013, 09:18 PM
The football gods have ordained that we only beat Domer to start 47 game winning streaks.

Screw the football gods. We're two games into a 50 game winning streak.

MyT Oklahoma
9/15/2013, 09:26 PM
We're 1 and 9 against these guys so heck yes we are overdue. Whether or not we win will depend upon which OU team shows up. If we play to our potential on offense, defense, special teams and the kicking game, we stand a great chance.

Don't ever sell our kids short but none of us can control a darn thing. Let's hope our coaches do though.

8timechamps
9/15/2013, 09:28 PM
One thing's for sure, this isn't the same ND team we saw last year.

Their close loss to Michigan took a hit when Akron went to the big house and gave the same kind of performance. Purdue, a team which shouldn't be able to stay with ND, kept it close for a long time.

The problem is, ND looked very beatable last year, and OU wasn't able to get the job done. This year, they look even more beatable.

OU should be able to win by 2 touchdowns. But will they?

I suspect ND has another close game this week against a mediocre Michigan State team, so we'll be able to get another look at them before making the trip.

okiewaker
9/15/2013, 09:36 PM
One thing's for sure, this isn't the same ND team we saw last year.

Their close loss to Michigan took a hit when Akron went to the big house and gave the same kind of performance. Purdue, a team which shouldn't be able to stay with ND, kept it close for a long time.

The problem is, ND looked very beatable last year, and OU wasn't able to get the job done. This year, they look even more beatable.

OU should be able to win by 2 touchdowns. But will they?

I suspect ND has another close game this week against a mediocre Michigan State team, so we'll be able to get another look at them before making the trip.

Get off the fence post. We gonna win??

JiminyChristmas
9/15/2013, 09:59 PM
Yes, I think we will.

I put my thoughts about the defense in the thread about defense versus Tulsa. Domers will score under 20.

Offensively, I really like what appears to be some dangerous versatility. If teams want to stop the run, we can go 4 wide and throw it. Want to stop the pass, we can go with pistol or 4 in the backfield and run it. Makes the opponent have to prepare for very different offenses in the same week.

Plus, ND is not close to what they were last year on either side of the ball. Add in our extra week to prepare and heal (while they prepare for and play MSU) and I don't know if there is a scenario where we could be much more optimistic. Unless of course we were playing the whorns.

TXBOOMER
9/15/2013, 10:01 PM
If the zebras don't help them out too much, I believe we will have a great chance to win a close game with Bell at the helm. I think he is a gamer.

dennis580
9/15/2013, 10:09 PM
Why or why not?

Yes, but only because Blake Bell is starting at QB and not Trevor Knight.

King Crimson
9/15/2013, 10:32 PM
Yes, but only because Blake Bell is starting at QB and not Trevor Knight.

dennis, my man, i am starting to think you are related to Blake.

anyway, i think it's a tough go and i won't predict the W but we have a shot with the way the D is playing.

ouwasp
9/15/2013, 10:33 PM
Why?
*OU is simply due. The football gods simply cannot allow the domer dominance to continue,
*The Sooners haven't been force-fed a load of crap all off-season about how good they are. They have heard how suck they are, and are anxious to prove otherwise.
*Sooner special teams are okay this yr, that one punt return by TU notwithstanding.
*Sooner D has so far not resorted to the Arena League-type play of last Nov-Dec-Jan.
*Sooner O is just balanced enough to get it done.
Why Not?
*The football gods are Catholic, in that case the entire Sooner Nation is in eternal trouble.
*Sooner D Line cannot stand up to the pounding of the Irish OL.
*Heupal goes ballistic play-calling-wise like he did in Stillwater a couple yrs ago.

That's all I got.

Sabanball
9/15/2013, 10:38 PM
I say yes--the streak finally ends.

8timechamps
9/15/2013, 11:08 PM
Get off the fence post. We gonna win??

Yes, by 14.

Curly Bill
9/15/2013, 11:10 PM
I'll say yes.

...provided Heupel doesn't handcuff the offense, or call an all-around crappy game.

TrophyCollector
9/15/2013, 11:17 PM
Sooners seem to have the advantage on defense, special teams and hopefully now on offense. OU should win, but we will have to see how this group plays on the road. Ball security, ball security and ball security will be the keys to the game.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/16/2013, 12:33 AM
anyone want to guess the line?

OUmillenium
9/16/2013, 02:48 AM
I think we have a great chance now. Things are looking good offensively, defense is much improved over last season, special teams solid while ND is looking very vulnerable. Sooners win by 10+

jkjsooner
9/16/2013, 09:04 AM
ND will be much more battle tested than we are. We'll see what that means...

PrideMom
9/16/2013, 09:23 AM
OU can win if the Refs don't pull what they did in several games last year. They screwed Stanford, missed double numbers on uniforms for a penalty, etc. If OU plays smart but with an ATTITUDE, they can win! I am sure the coaches have gone over and over last year's game, and will make the proper adjustments. I just hope we do not play too controlled that we lose the energy needed to play our best!

PalmBeachSooner
9/16/2013, 04:37 PM
If the zebras don't help them out too much, I believe we will have a great chance to win a close game with Bell at the helm. I think he is a gamer.

There will be Big XII officials for the game.

Curly Bill
9/16/2013, 04:39 PM

Is that supposed to comfort us?

SoonerKnight
9/16/2013, 04:57 PM
I predict that we win big in South Bend. Their D is not the same ansd their secondary is not all that great. They will lose!!! Their O is not that great we hold them and score big!!!!

olevetonahill
9/16/2013, 05:12 PM

We beat em since 1493.

olevetonahill
9/16/2013, 05:15 PM

Is that supposed to comfort us?

We be ****ed!

olevetonahill
9/16/2013, 05:17 PM
Now as to WILL we beat them? Hell yes , Gonna beat em like rented mules.final score 45- 3

Why will we beat em? Cause I ****in said so thats why. The vet Dont Lie.

Jacie
9/16/2013, 07:56 PM
First, no one wins because they are "due". If that were true, OUr record versus OSU, ISU, KSU and KU would be much different.

I think this year OU will beat the domers.

My post from another thread fits here:

Am hoping to see OU get back one of those 9 losses (versus 1 win) against the domers.

The reason for my optimism this year, the ND defense is nothing like last year's version. The irish are giving up 10 more points and yielding 100 more yards per game to opposing offenses than in 2012. These stats are from games against Michigan, winless Temple and a 1-2 Purdue team.

Spartie is going to shred them this week.

SoonerKnight
9/16/2013, 09:18 PM
First, no one wins because they are "due". If that were true, OUr record versus OSU, ISU, KSU and KU would be much different.

Am hoping to see OU get back one of those 9 losses (versus 1 win) against the domers.

The reason for my optimism this year, the ND defense is nothing like last year's version. The irish are giving up 10 more points and yielding 100 more yards per game to opposing offenses than in 2012. These stats are from games against Michigan, winless Temple and a 1-2 Purdue team.

spek!

SoonerForLife92
9/16/2013, 09:24 PM
I'll say yes.

...provided Heupel doesn't handcuff the offense, or call an all-around crappy game.

Depends on this in my opinion. I ain't no coach but hopefully the playbook opens up some.

8timechamps
9/16/2013, 09:28 PM

Winner!

In case anyone wanted to argue that one of those opponents was the mighty Michigan Wolverines, after they way Toledo played big blue, I'm not sure that means much. This is a much different team than the one that came to Norman last year. In fact, both teams are much different.

Soonerus
9/16/2013, 09:32 PM
Toledo = Akron ???

CatfishSooner
9/16/2013, 09:51 PM
Holy Toledo!!

OU_Sooners75
9/16/2013, 10:17 PM
anyone want to guess the line?

OU -1.5

Soonerus
9/16/2013, 10:17 PM
OU -1.5

i love it !!!

CatfishSooner
9/16/2013, 10:27 PM
I'm surprised...

BoulderSooner79
9/16/2013, 11:52 PM
Someone watched the Purdue game (and the Akron game too :friendly_wink:)

stoopified
9/17/2013, 05:58 AM
YES! Because it is OUr destiny.