PDA

View Full Version : Dipchit announcer 9-14-13 Saying OU is going downhill

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/15/2013, 04:09 PM
as told to me by a friend. he was watching a football show, with a panel of talking heads, and Mack Brown's fail was mentioned, but some essoB also said something like OU was coming up short, etc. The insinuation was that OU and Stoops were screwing up as badly as Mack.

My friend is not an OU fan, so he doesn't follow the program very closely. But, he was easily duped into thinking the jerkwad on tv had a point. I have yet to research who the a-hole was that said it, but it's something our program doesn't need.

Did anyone else see/hear that show, and, if so, what is your accounting and impression of what was said?:offended::hororr::disgust:

Therealsouthsider
9/15/2013, 04:17 PM
...I love it when media hates OU...envy...jealousy...ignorance

ss

cherokeebrewer
9/15/2013, 04:36 PM
Spencer Tillman said something about OU and Bob Stoops lost creativity. I don't totally disagree with him. I miss the riverboat gambler at times...

9/15/2013, 04:39 PM
but if the t-head somehow influences a recruit we want, sumbich is hurting us. yeah, i know there's nuttin' we can do about it, but it doesn't seem that false or misleading comments happen much in the Media to our main rivals.

Curly Bill
9/15/2013, 04:40 PM
Well...We're not near at the low point that the whorns are, but it's hard to argue we're where we where a few years ago, or in Stoops early years....so, going downhill?? I wouldn't make a strong argument either way.

9/15/2013, 04:45 PM
Well...We're not near at the low point that the whorns are, but it's hard to argue we're where we where a few years ago, or in Stoops early years....so, going downhill?? I wouldn't make a strong argument either way.Seems to me that putting us in the realm of fail that whorn and usuc are in is WAY inaccurate. We have fallen off some, but it's far too early to know if it can't be turned around by Bob. He just did can 2 coaches and added new ones. And, it's only Mikes 2nd year back. It appears so far that he has made the D better this year.

agoo758
9/15/2013, 04:47 PM
At this point last year, we had been declining since 2004, but things appear to be changing......

Curly Bill
9/15/2013, 04:55 PM
Seems to me that putting us in the realm of fail that whorn and usuc are in is WAY inaccurate. We have fallen off some, but it's far too early to know if it can't be turned around by Bob. He just did can 2 coaches and added new ones. And, it's only Mikes 2nd year back. It appears so far that he has made the D better this year.

I don't think there's any question our D is better. And we're nowhere near at the low point that USuC or Saxet is. Also I think the new coaches are positives, so yeah, there's hope the slide is gonna turn around.

It is nice that if there has been a dip in our play, that it's nothing like those losers down in Austin get to experience! Buhahahahahahahahahah

Temujin
9/15/2013, 05:31 PM
It's hard to argue that we're not where we were from 2000-2008, but sustaining that kind of success is hard no matter who you are. That said, what really bugs me about OU right now is the lack of focus on the OL and DL in recruiting. OUr most dominant teams were loaded with stars at those positions. I actually get a nervous twitch when I see yet another WR committed to OU when we so clearly need good line play. That's more personal preference, I guess. I prefer a physically dominating style of football.

I almost cried tears of joy at the off-season changes in the coaching staff - Bill Bedenbaugh, Jay Boulware, and Jerry Montgomery. Wait...you mean we actually hired guys to address the biggest problems we've had over the last few years (special teams, OL/DL play)? That's the ONE thing that got me excited for this season.

Of course, after watching the offensive fireworks in the SEC and the NFL lately...maybe I'm wrong and the new trend is to abandon physicality. Lord knows the rules are slanted heavily to offense these days. Maybe our coaches have been ahead of the curve all along with this whole passing like crazy thing and the rest of the CFB world is finally catching up to us.

Nah... ;)

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/15/2013, 05:49 PM
If this is a decline, then I'm cool with it. If a 9 win season causes concern, then the program is fine.

We're not in a decline. Just a little dip in the cycle! And headed back up!

SoonerorLater
9/15/2013, 06:23 PM
If this is a decline, then I'm cool with it. If a 9 win season causes concern, then the program is fine.

We're not in a decline. Just a little dip in the cycle! And headed back up!

At Oklahoma success isn't measured by the number of wins in a season. It's measured by national championships. That is the level of expectation and reasonable or not, if we aren't in the running for a NC every 3 years or so and we don't bring a trophy home once or twice a decade then that isn't acceptable for most of the fan base.

OUmillenium
9/16/2013, 03:17 AM
This^

Scott D
9/16/2013, 12:41 PM
At Oklahoma success isn't measured by the number of wins in a season. It's measured by national championships. That is the level of expectation and reasonable or not, if we aren't in the running for a NC every 3 years or so and we don't bring a trophy home once or twice a decade then that isn't acceptable for most of the fan base.

yet somehow our ratio of NC's to seasons of football is less than 10%.

9/16/2013, 01:09 PM
yet somehow our ratio of NC's to seasons of football is less than 10%.1940's-2010 = 70 yrs. OU has 7 NC's, since Bud started the Sooner success train. If we don't win one this decade, we will be below the 10%.

badger
9/16/2013, 01:43 PM
1940's-2010 = 70 yrs. OU has 7 NC's, since Bud started the Sooner success train. If we don't win one this decade, we will be below the 10%.

1952-2008: 56 years, 5 Heisman trophies. We still have a few more to go before we're owed another :P

1900-2012: 112 years (107 games), 43 victories. We've won 3 in a row, so it's probably Texas' turn this year... but my math is probably off so I'm going to say it's OU's turn.

1904-2012: OU gets to win this year. There's been far too many OSU victories since the mid-90s.

1994-2012: 18 years, 8 Big 12 titles. However, four of those years had teams that won the title, but are no longer in the conference, so therefore, OU gets to win the Big 12 title every year for the rest of this conference.

blacktop
9/16/2013, 03:49 PM
Yes! Well stated. This is our baseline for all that we are. It is expected. Anything less IS unacceptable. Every drop of sweat, every play, every win, every trophy, every Heisman, every championship lays another coat on those expectations. We are Oklahoma.