PDA

View Full Version : OU moves up slightly...

OU_Sooners75
9/15/2013, 02:36 PM
COACHES OU is #12. Up one spot.
AP OU is #14. Gets jumped by UCLA.

Meanwhile, A&M loses at home and it wasnt as close as the score, and they fall from #6 to #9.

MyT Oklahoma
9/15/2013, 02:38 PM
We are not quite ready for a rematch with A & M. Not yet at least.

Let's take care of the Domers first.

Curly Bill
9/15/2013, 02:40 PM
I hate the aggies, but I didn't think they'd even fall that far.

olevetonahill
9/15/2013, 02:40 PM
I aint worried a bit about the Poles this year I just want to Kick the **** out Bye this week then move on to the Domers.

OU_Sooners75
9/15/2013, 02:41 PM
I hate the aggies, but I didn't think they'd even fall that far.

Well if they were still in big 12 they would have fallen 6-9 spots after any loss.

OU_Sooners75
9/15/2013, 02:42 PM
We are not quite ready for a rematch with A & M. Not yet at least.

Let's take care of the Domers first.

I would take our chances with A&M. Their defense sucks!

OUmillenium
9/15/2013, 03:23 PM
Things are starting to come together.

olevetonahill
9/15/2013, 03:30 PM
Come Mid-Nov. Ill start watchin the Poles

Zin
9/15/2013, 04:09 PM
Things are starting to come together.

Pretty much this. Just keep winning and screw the polls.

Watching the defense play so much better and the team just get better each week is satisfying.

Curly Bill
9/15/2013, 04:43 PM
Well if they were still in big 12 they would have fallen 6-9 spots after any loss.

I wouldn't argue against that. But what if they were still in the Big 12 and lost to Alabama just like they did???

BoomerJoeDon
9/15/2013, 06:29 PM
Only two games in Poles don't mean anything, we don't know how good or bad we are yet. I'm not sure how good or bad the defence is, we'll find out.

OU_Sooners75
9/15/2013, 07:28 PM

I wouldn't argue against that. But what if they were still in the Big 12 and lost to Alabama just like they did???

They would have dropped like a rock .

8timechamps
9/15/2013, 09:14 PM

Me too.

I'm not expecting a national title run, so I'm just looking at winning week to week, and being happy. We win, the rankings will take care of themselves.

Peeb
9/15/2013, 09:18 PM

You'uns should be a top 10 team well before then. I srsly expect you to beat ND which will earn much love in the polls.

ouwasp
9/15/2013, 10:17 PM
Peeb, I think vet is talking about Poland, hence the term "Poles". He's strange that way. Myself, I don't care what the fine folks of Poland think about OU. If you think about it, they'd prolly be ND fans because of the Catholic angle, so the heck with 'em anyway. So, here's hoping the college football fans in Poland are mad at OU in a couple weeks. That should be good news for OU in the polls.

Statalyzer
9/16/2013, 03:26 AM
wasnt as close as the score

It was exactly as close as the score.

OU_Sooners75
9/16/2013, 04:30 AM
wasnt as close as the score

It was exactly as close as the score.

It was a 21 point lead till the fourth. Not really that close.

A&M got some lucky breaks in the fourth to close the gap.

JoeR
9/16/2013, 08:55 AM
ULM is 2-1, WVU is 2-1 and looked very good this week, Tulsa, with a tough schedule, has a win over Colorado St. OU won convincingly, several teams lost so the Sooners rightfully move up in coach's poll but stay unchanged in the AP.
This is a perfect example of why the AP poll is meaningless. Honestly I don't even see why the AP even continues publishing a poll, it has no bearing whatsoever.

Mac94
9/16/2013, 09:05 AM
Polls don't matter right now .... only thing that matters right now is the team getting better i the bye week and them curb stomping Notre Dame in South Bend. After the Irish the schedule sets up nicely for the Sooners to go undefeated into a huge game in Waco with Baylor.

TAFBSooner
9/16/2013, 09:20 AM

If you had that attitude in 1939, you wouldn't have seen them at all.

IronHorseSooner
9/16/2013, 10:29 AM
If we beat ND, we will be about #9. We will jump UGA, OSU, and A&M. We should jump Lousiville, eventually, just by principle. That would leave 2 SEC, 2 PAC-12, 2 ACC, and tOSU. If think Clemson beats FSU, but three things are certain in life- death, taxes, and Clemosn choking a game they have no business choking. Remember who the DC is! If we play well, we will pass tOSU, but I think they lose one that they shouldn't. That would leave passing the Oregon/Stanford winner, and we would need a loss by either. Outside of 'Bama, I don't think any of those other teams goes undefeated. Oregon has the best shot, but the PAC-12 has some potholes in it. I know it is early to look at the polls, but projecting this can be interesting.

BoulderSooner79
9/16/2013, 10:33 AM
Polls are highly unlikely to be an issue for OU to play for a title. OU not being an elite squad might get in the way though.

soonerphan
9/16/2013, 09:15 PM
Head scratcher... found this computer ranking that ranks OU #1: http://www.phelanpowerprinciple.com/

Curly Bill
9/16/2013, 09:49 PM
If we beat ND, we will be about #9. We will jump UGA, OSU, and A&M. We should jump Lousiville, eventually, just by principle. That would leave 2 SEC, 2 PAC-12, 2 ACC, and tOSU. If think Clemson beats FSU, but three things are certain in life- death, taxes, and Clemosn choking a game they have no business choking. Remember who the DC is! If we play well, we will pass tOSU, but I think they lose one that they shouldn't. That would leave passing the Oregon/Stanford winner, and we would need a loss by either. Outside of 'Bama, I don't think any of those other teams goes undefeated. Oregon has the best shot, but the PAC-12 has some potholes in it. I know it is early to look at the polls, but projecting this can be interesting.

You got spek coming your way for this brilliant insight! :)