PDA

View Full Version : Silly, silly whorns

Flagstaffsooner
9/14/2013, 10:31 PM
The comedy never stops over there. (http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=6582491&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=):surprise:

MyT Oklahoma
9/14/2013, 10:35 PM
And that is what I like the best about them. Nobody hits the panic mode better than UT. LOL

Flagstaffsooner
9/14/2013, 11:00 PM
This is a riot. lol (http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=6582620&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=)

Soonerwake
9/14/2013, 11:06 PM
I just saw that they are next to last in the county against the run this year. Wow!!

CatfishSooner
9/14/2013, 11:10 PM
HAHA:
In reply to:
We should be a rolling ball of butcher knives by this time in October.

I still wouldn't be surprised to see OU beat us by 50 again.

JiminyChristmas
9/14/2013, 11:17 PM
On their post game show, they are saying Mack will announce this week that he is done at the end of this season.

Widescreen
9/14/2013, 11:17 PM
http://legendarium.mymiddleearth.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/313/files/2013/04/darth-vader-no.jpg

bluedogok
9/14/2013, 11:19 PM
On their post game show, they are saying Mack will announce this week that he is done at the end of this season.
If that happens we will know Red and Joe have spoken....

En_Fuego
9/14/2013, 11:30 PM
Ole Miss scored more against us than they did against Vandy and SE Missouri state. Yep, SE Mo. State played better defense against ole miss than the horns.

LMAO

aurorasooner
9/14/2013, 11:35 PM
I fear it's only a matter of time before some of our best 3 star recruits start decommitting.
:biggrin:

Judge Smails
9/14/2013, 11:38 PM
Damn. I wish we had some decent running backs. LOL

I just saw that they are next to last in the county against the run this year. Wow!!

sendbaht
9/15/2013, 01:59 AM
It did look like a nice day there, maybe Mack will talk about how the sun was in his players eyes...but I think it has used this one already.

soonergirlNeugene
9/15/2013, 02:41 AM
I don't see how Mack survives this....but I know I've said that one before.

BeaSooner
9/15/2013, 05:20 AM
Please please.....he just has to survive....he has been great comic relief for us.

sendbaht
9/15/2013, 07:45 AM
I hope he does not go....he's a good coach. I enjoy their games a lot....KEEP MACK!!!

CatfishSooner
9/15/2013, 07:54 AM
Be nice to Mack, he is a legend, it is jus this time to go out to pasture...

okiewaker
9/15/2013, 09:44 AM
Lol,,,,this is good stuff.

MyT Oklahoma
9/15/2013, 09:51 AM
It did look like a nice day there, maybe Mack will talk about how the sun was in his players eyes...but I think it has used this one already.

I thought it was a night game. :friendly_wink:

Jacie
9/15/2013, 11:39 AM
Reading hornfans.com on Sunday morning after a sa*et loss is a guilty pleasure I will not deny myself.

bluedogok
9/15/2013, 11:45 AM

I thought it was a night game. :friendly_wink:
errr.......it was the lights. Yeah, that's the ticket, the lights.

agoo758
9/15/2013, 12:52 PM
The first few posts are the greatest things ever to exist on the Internet. I didn't see the halftime part and thought it was welcomed sarcasm. :p

lexsooner
9/15/2013, 01:06 PM
Things have moved into a new stage for horn fans. The last few years more and more called for Mack Brown to leave and the sunshine pumpers became fewer. Now, these same fans fully expect Brown to be gone sometime this season and definitely no later than the end of this season (absent some miracle turnaround). This had better happen, or else the frustration will turn to rage.

cherokeebrewer
9/15/2013, 01:20 PM
All the cussin' and carrying on aside, my favorite is the horn's new slogan..."We were Texas"

okiewaker
9/15/2013, 01:25 PM
I needed something to take away the Sunday blues,,, this thread was the ticket.

OUmillenium
9/15/2013, 02:07 PM
Great read while actually watching the game from yday (Ole Miss - UTerus that is)

cherokeebrewer
9/15/2013, 02:15 PM
Posted on hornfans, certainly by a Sooner fan, but it's pure gold...

"Mack is an incredible coach, with a legendary resume, and deserves every chance to right the UT football ship. Mack Brown has an immeasurable wealth of X's and O's knowledge, has proven time and again that he is a master gameplanner who can identify and make the correct adjustments, and only surrounds himself with the best and brightest assistants who have earned their positions through performance and not cronyism or familiarity with Mack as loyal friends or supporters.

More importantly, he is a wonderful husband, a sympathetic and defenseless old man, and loves America with all of his heart. How can you fire or force that kind of individual into early resignation when he doesn't want to leave?

SHAME ON YOU, Texas fans. Shame.

The University of Texas should perform the most, and only, honorable thing with regards to Mack's job, and that is to honor Mack Brown's contract as head coach of UT football through the 2020 college football season, in its entirety, and with all benefits and incentives promised. It is only right, under the laws of man and God.

More than ever, Mack Brown deserves and REQUIRES your support in his darkest of hours, with his back against the wall and a 10-win season still mathematically achievable."

MyT Oklahoma
9/15/2013, 02:33 PM
errr.......it was the lights. Yeah, that's the ticket, the lights.

"And I've seen Morgan Fairchild naked. Yeah...."

MyT Oklahoma
9/15/2013, 02:37 PM
Posted on hornfans, certainly by a Sooner fan, but it's pure gold...

"Mack is an incredible coach, with a legendary resume, and deserves every chance to right the UT football ship. Mack Brown has an immeasurable wealth of X's and O's knowledge, has proven time and again that he is a master gameplanner who can identify and make the correct adjustments, and only surrounds himself with the best and brightest assistants who have earned their positions through performance and not cronyism or familiarity with Mack as loyal friends or supporters.

More importantly, he is a wonderful husband, a sympathetic and defenseless old man, and loves America with all of his heart. How can you fire or force that kind of individual into early resignation when he doesn't want to leave?

SHAME ON YOU, Texas fans. Shame.

The University of Texas should perform the most, and only, honorable thing with regards to Mack's job, and that is to honor Mack Brown's contract as head coach of UT football through the 2020 college football season, in its entirety, and with all benefits and incentives promised. It is only right, under the laws of man and God.

More than ever, Mack Brown deserves and REQUIRES your support in his darkest of hours, with his back against the wall and a 10-win season still mathematically achievable."

Seconded. Duly seconded. :wink:

MyT Oklahoma
9/15/2013, 02:55 PM
Come early, leave early. This is classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x_tbuZfOW8

aurorasooner
9/15/2013, 02:57 PM
Purple Wizard + Longhorns = prison rape It looks like the whorn fans have given up against K-State which is on ABC next Sat night. (The gush from Mushberger should be epic in this one)
This is not good for us, imo, as if we don't pull another 65-13 or 63-14 absolute stomping of them, it will be a national embarrassment. You can usually throw out all the records when OU plays UT. Even John Blake beat them when we sucked.

MyT Oklahoma
9/15/2013, 02:59 PM
We will hang 50 on them for the third year in a row. Never been done before but this is the year.

olevetonahill
9/15/2013, 03:17 PM
Come early, leave early. This is classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x_tbuZfOW8

That sucked Great orange Monkey balls

MyT Oklahoma
9/15/2013, 04:29 PM
It just keeps getting worse.

http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2013/9/15/4732272/when-you-wrote-a-piece-like-that-legacy-and-inevitability-fire-mack-brown-texas-football

When You Wrote A Piece Like That: Legacy and Inevitability.

Revisiting resignation almost one year later.

I wrote an essay after the Oklahoma game last year. You might call it my no-confidence vote. Google analytics tells me that it has had a revival in the last two weeks.

That piece could have been written a half dozen times since 2010. And it was in various piecemeal, inchoate forms. I think it still rings true. You tell me.

We're in the same place 11 months later as we were on October 15th, 2012. With our own false hopes presaged, the obligatory sacrificial lamb assistant foreshadowed...

When you write a piece like this, you write how the trends are "disturbing" and "unacceptable" and that "Mack Brown must seriously re-evaluate his blah blah blah..." Then you lay into the coordinators or a position coach. This is the hedge. Stopping just short of saying what needs to be done because the right assistants and players might just turn this thing around, because it has happened before....

I can't.

Mack Brown has to go.

And I say it without vitriol. He has to go. Tomorrow. Next month. At the end of the season. Whenever. The dignity of a forced resignation at the conclusion of the season is fine by me. This season is going nowhere fast, anyway. But if he won't go - and I suspect he won't quietly because I don't think the average Longhorn fan can comprehend how insular his world is - then he has to be fired. And if DeLoss Dodds, various donor sycophants, or even just good men who are willing for Texas football to stink because they're more interested in life lessons imparted to 85 scholarship 20 year olds than BCS bowls, get in the way, then they need to be sufficiently motivated to act. Or find their own retirements or marginalization hastened.

I don't need to reiterate what's wrong at Texas. If you read the blog, you already know. On-field results have brutally hastened the usual lag in fan uptake between hope and reality. We don't have to tease out trends anymore when they're slapping us in the face. If you're a BC reader, you already knew exactly how we'd lose to Ole Miss. Our state of the program is so poor, the Longhorns have reduced a wildly unpredictable game played by 20 year olds that none of us can handicap properly into a science of projectable ineptitude (and Las Vegas had Texas favored by three points!?!). Get Caesar's a link to BC, post-haste.

Now I'm mainly interested in the interplay between legacy and inevitability.

Last year, I ended the piece with this:

It will take some time. There will be a ugly power struggle. Things will probably get nasty on the 40 Acres and I hope my contribution to that discussion is fair, amusing, and objective. Maybe Brown has a dead cat bounce and his enthusiasts pour out from the cracks for a while.

It doesn't matter. It's over.

This is no declaration of war on Mack Brown. It's a declaration of resignation.

So now we wait.

It's ugly. And will get uglier. We're still in that waiting game. But this matter has already been decided, even if the main players or their shills are unaware of it or emotionally unprepared to accept their failure.

It's over. But how the ending plays out matters.

The degree to which Mack Brown continues to resist inevitability will determine ten years from now whether we can look back upon him fondly as a healer and program rebuilder or if he'll be a permanent object of scorn and derision who chose to wear the martyr's mantle of "serving the kids" while selfishly seeking a delusional BCS-Bowl-Ride-Into-The-Sunset faerie tale ending to his own personal narrative. He can't fix this. He broke it.

Although Brown's future is no longer within his sphere of control - his legacy, like our failed football program, is in his hands, and in his hands alone. The buck stops there. All 5.4 million of them.

How, when, and why Mack Brown steps down (or is forced out) will determine whether he goes down as one of UT's great object lessons in hubris and self-delusion, or simply as a good man and vital program spark who gradually lost his way - as all of us have at one time or another. Let he who is without sin...

While the human story can be lost in far too many business decisions, it's the human story turned into a personality cult that overwhelmed our capacity to make the right business decision for far too long. The myth-making machine in Bellmont created that cult to its self-serving, eternal shame. They have never had much embarrassment in gorging at the trough while remaining contemptuous of the fans who provided their meal.

It never was Mack Brown Texas Football. It's Texas Football. And those are still work uniforms.

That last line, illustrative of the DKR mentality - from which an entire no-frills, hard-nosed program culture evolved - is so long forgotten in Austin, sometimes I think I'm reading about Camelot. We've replaced the blue-collar, tedious work of real archaeology - toothbrushes and chamois painstakingly unearthing and preserving the foundations of program culture - with lazy mythomania and false threads of connection.

Like trying to paint Mack Brown as DKR's cultural successor.

Aside from a shared solid ethical grounding, were there men ever more dissimilar as coaches? There is no Lady in Town Lake handing out swords. And real history tells us that most crowns are wrested from bloody scalps by dirty, sweat-covered hands. In the end, all kings depose themselves, whether by neglect or by choice.

Serve the program. Serve the players. Serve the fans. It's time.

Sabanball
9/15/2013, 10:32 PM
Speaking of the 'horns, I do believe that Miss Florida could rush for 300 yds against the Texas defense.....

BermudaSooner
9/16/2013, 10:28 AM
There is a thread over there predicting their final record. Nobody gives them a shot to beat OU, OSU or Baylor, with only a few thinking they can beat K-State, Tech and TCU. Some of them may be right, they could go 2-10 this year.

PrideMom
9/16/2013, 10:37 AM
Can't wait for October 12th! I bet the Texas side will have a lot of RED sitting in it before the game even starts! Maybe it will be a 2:30 PM game because Texas will not be a ranked team!! I can't see them as the third best team in the Big XII, as some predicted. What a laugh!! They play Kansas State next, that should really tell us something about both programs.

KantoSooner
9/16/2013, 11:00 AM
Really? In a game of mental chess between Mack and The Old Man right now, you could tell KSU to show up 15 minutes late to the game and they'd still beat Texas by double digits.

badger
9/16/2013, 11:13 AM
All right Big 12, who is willing to take bullets for the sake of this conference and lose to Texas this year?

<crickets>

SoonerMarkVA
9/16/2013, 12:13 PM

Yeah, but the classics are timeless!

TheHumanAlphabet
9/16/2013, 12:27 PM
If Deloss Dodds retires this Jan. as has been surmised, Yeller teef is gone. I suppose if true, both will sequentially announce retirement. If not, I bet he stays.

Bourbon St Sooner
9/16/2013, 12:31 PM
Damn! Why can't muschamp still be there as the HCIW?!