PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh, Saban prepared to play on a triangle and A&M suprised them w/ a rectangle

Blue
9/14/2013, 02:41 PM
Good thing he's already got a few of those triangle crystal footballs.

Wishboned
9/14/2013, 02:48 PM
They made that first drive look easy.

bluedogok
9/14/2013, 02:50 PM
Much more field to defend being a rectangle......

MsProudSooner
9/14/2013, 02:56 PM
Bama players look like they've never been in a big game before.

Blue
9/14/2013, 02:57 PM
For those that didn't see it, in the pregame interview Saban said they it all comes down to how you play in that 100 yd/ 50 wide triangle.

SCSoonerfan
9/14/2013, 02:59 PM
This could get ugly early

SoonerKnight
9/14/2013, 02:59 PM
Bama gonna go down! Gonna go down down down!!!

En_Fuego
9/14/2013, 03:01 PM
Gomer's with sharpie doosh look very good.

SoonerKnight
9/14/2013, 03:02 PM
Sharpie doosh!!

okiewaker
9/14/2013, 03:03 PM
Yeah, I caught that. Maybe Bermuda was on his mind,,he is the debil.

The Ghost of Mex
9/14/2013, 03:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRs9clc9MhY&feature=player_detailpage

bluedogok
9/14/2013, 03:40 PM
The rectangular sandlot is going to be a bit more difficult to defend as well.

Judge Smails
9/14/2013, 03:57 PM
BS call ala OU.

Statalyzer
9/14/2013, 04:03 PM
Wow, it's like the Oregon-OU and Tech-TCU and Lakers-Kings refs have gotten together in this game and decided to use their combined powers to throw a penalty flag.

soonergirlNeugene
9/14/2013, 04:11 PM
For the life of me I can't figure out how anyone thought it was wise to have a penalty where the call can be reversed, but the penalty yards cannot.
I mean, they're going to review the call anyways b/c of the ejection...

Definitely feels like it's just begging for another Gordon Riese type situation.

JiminyChristmas
9/14/2013, 05:53 PM
Ok, so a 42-35 track meet in the Big XII would be dismissed as bad defenses. Will we hear that about this game?

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/14/2013, 05:55 PM
Nope. Saban will be known as an offensive genius and Manziel will be awarded his second hiesman after the game

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/14/2013, 06:00 PM
Both defenses are not that impressive to me.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/14/2013, 06:16 PM
I needed that last a and m td, I took a and m +7.5 in the Posse pickem leagues.

Curly Bill
9/14/2013, 06:25 PM
Bama's secondary looked baffled as hell out there.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/14/2013, 06:29 PM
I suck at math but 91 points scored in an SEC matchup? What happened to the vaunted SEC DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE?

Posers.

But still, congrats Bammer! I despise you-know-who.

EatLeadCommie
9/14/2013, 07:08 PM
Wow, it's like the Oregon-OU and Tech-TCU and Lakers-Kings refs have gotten together in this game and decided to use their combined powers to throw a penalty flag.

Lakers-Kings reference. I love you. Pos rep coming your way.

bluedogok
9/14/2013, 07:18 PM
I suck at math but 91 points scored in an SEC matchup? What happened to the vaunted SEC DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE?

Posers.

But still, congrats Bammer! I despise you-know-who.
Yep, A&M seems to be showing that the Big 12 defenses were not as "bad" as everyone seemed to think. The days of 17-10 games are much more limited.

Sabanball
9/14/2013, 07:31 PM
Some thoughts on the game:

Take out at least 14 pts from junk calls by the refs and Bama wins this one by a much bigger margin. The horse collar call on Manziel was absolute crap

Can't stand Manziel but the kid is a baller. He extends plays better than any college qb I've seen in at least 40yrs.

Evans will be a red zone gem for some team in the nfl next yr.

Sumlin is going to make A LOT of SEC D's look bad this yr

cleller
9/14/2013, 07:34 PM
I'll bet Bama has just handed Manziel his only loss of the season.

Hate the little stain, but he's impossible to keep down.

Blue
9/14/2013, 07:40 PM

Take out at least 14 pts from junk calls by the refs and Bama wins this one by a much bigger margin. The horse collar call on Manziel was absolute crap

Can't stand Manziel but the kid is a baller. He extends plays better than any college qb I've seen in at least 40yrs.

Bama got just as many crap calls. what about that phantom offensive pass interference that completely killed A&M s touchdown drive to go up 21-7 and gave bama a chance to get back in it. Both Ds were pathetic. Face it, the days of the mighty SEC defenses are gone.

Blue
9/14/2013, 07:41 PM
And the horse collar was "gasp" a horse collar! That's why they call it a horse collar.

Curly Bill
9/14/2013, 07:56 PM
Bama got just as many crap calls. what about that phantom offensive pass interference that completely killed A&M s touchdown drive to go up 21-7 and gave bama a chance to get back in it. Both Ds were pathetic. Face it, the days of the mighty SEC defenses are gone.

No way! Officiating was considerably in aTm's favor.

Scott D
9/14/2013, 07:58 PM
Manziel will look good in an orange jumpsuit.

Sabanball
9/14/2013, 07:59 PM
Uh... What game were you watching, dude?! It was a clean takedown as was Ha Ha Dix's play on the targeting call that was reversed but yardage still assessed. I've been a fan of college football for over 40 yrs and I've never blamed a loss on penalties but that was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen. Two horrible calls by Tom Ritter's crew unequivocally kept AM drives alive and directly led to 14 pts. If I was Saban I'd lodge a formal protest with the SEC office. There was more home cooking in that game than I believe I've ever seen.

The helmet call was the only questionable call against the Aggies that I saw.

bluedogok
9/14/2013, 08:00 PM
The officiating was uneven but it wasn't Oregon bad.

Curly Bill
9/14/2013, 08:10 PM
The officiating was uneven but it wasn't Oregon bad.

Yeah, it was one-sided the way of aggie, but not a total travesty.

Blue
9/14/2013, 08:15 PM
Clean takedown? He grabbed the inside of his jersey/shoulderpads and pulled him down. That's against the rules. Its called a horse collar. Yes the helmet to helmet was a bad call. The phantom offensive pushoff that killed A&Ms third drive was BS as well.

Curly Bill
9/14/2013, 08:16 PM
Clean takedown? He grabbed the inside of his jersey/shoulderpads and pulled him down. That's against the rules. Its called a horse collar. Yes the helmet to helmet was a bad call. The phantom offensive pushoff that killed A&Ms third drive was BS as well.

You're not serious?

Blue
9/14/2013, 08:19 PM
He barely touched him.

Curly Bill
9/14/2013, 08:24 PM
He barely touched him.

Just enough to push him two yards off of him where he could make the catch.

The way Bama's secondary played it was prolly an unnecessary penalty!

8timechamps
9/14/2013, 08:48 PM

Manziel is very good at extending plays. That accounted for a lot of the A&M passing yardage today. Evans also had an excellent game, he came up with some clutch catches.

A&M's defense looks terrible. If they had a decent defense, it would have been a close game (regardless of the score, anyone that watched it knows A&M scored early, then played catch up all day). Sumlin will have to make SEC D's look bad, because his defense may cost him some wins.

That said, Bama's defense didn't look so hot either. But, Manziel will do that to teams.

I will add that Manziel is one lucky mf'er! On the play in the 3rd qtr, when he should have been sacked, but somehow got away and threw the ball up...that was extremely dumb, and he's lucky to have not been picked again. His pick in the endzone was almost as dumb. He kept A&M in the game, but I also think he kept A&M from seriously being in the game.

Anyone else find it funny that today's game was 49-41, and last weeks OU/WVU was 16-7? Did everyone switch places?

Mac94
9/14/2013, 09:22 PM
Good game overall ... and congrats to Bama for the win. Difference between last year and this year was four words ... Moore ... Nealy ... Stewart ... Porter. Our defensive losses were huge and it's clear this A&M crew isn't ready for prime time. Those two DLs and two LBs were huge for our defense last season.

Bama is a very good team ... but if this bunch has to face Oregon it could be a long day for the Tide. Yeah, Saban may be good at having a month off but these spread offenses are a problem for him. Oregon is as explosive or more explosive than us and they have a real live defense. If Saban couldn't figure us our with 10 months to scheme ... Oregon will eat his lunch.

Mac94
9/14/2013, 09:27 PM
btw ... this game was VERY similar in flow to the 2004 A&M vs OU game at Kyle. A&M jumped out to a 21-7 lead but OU came back and took a lead and held off an A&M rally to win 42-35. Seemed very similar here.

JiminyChristmas
9/14/2013, 10:05 PM
I was pulling for Bama and I thought the officiating hosed a&m more times than it hosed Bama. That offensive PI call was really weak. The DB for Bama pushed off harder on the INT in the end zone than the a&m WR did when he got flagged.