PDA

View Full Version : Drew Allen Update

Jacie
9/13/2013, 05:47 PM
For those of you thinking "what if" after watching OUr starting QB struggle, in two starts Drew and the Orange are 0-2, losing to Penn State and Northwestern. He has thrown 6 INT's, four of those against Northwestern. He will start their third game but the plan is to play the backup after the first couple of series instead of waiting for garbage time.

BoulderSooner79
9/13/2013, 05:55 PM
For those of you thinking "what if" after watching OUr starting QB struggle, in two starts Drew and the Orange are 0-2, losing to Penn State and Northwestern. He has thrown 6 INT's, four of those against Northwestern. He will start their third game but the plan is to play the backup after the first couple of series instead of waiting for garbage time.

So you're saying that if he could run, he'd be right in the middle of the mix had he stayed. :friendly_wink::friendly_wink::friendly_wink:

cleller
9/13/2013, 06:02 PM
Come on, Blake, make everything alright.

8timechamps
9/13/2013, 09:53 PM
Watched some of Syracuse's game against Penn State, and Drew never looked very good. I don't think it's because Drew is a bad player, but coming into a new system, and not knowing any of the receivers has to be a tough adjustment. Landry struggled at the start of last year getting in concert with Brown, and he had other options to throw to, Allen probably doesn't have chemistry with anyone yet.

Even if Drew would have stayed, I don't think he would have been the first or second choice. I wish him well, he just wasn't able to make it happen at OU.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/13/2013, 10:08 PM
I'm happy with our QBs. We're 2-0.

vtsooner21
9/14/2013, 11:00 AM
His passing stats might just have something to do with that poor line trying to block for him. Apples to oranges here..
Boomer

OkieThunderLion
9/14/2013, 11:00 PM
Drew was simply a recruiting miss for OU (unless the plan was for him to just be a back-up guy). Great team guy though!

Scott D
9/16/2013, 12:45 PM
either way, Drew Allen has made out better than Tommy Grady has. Does anyone know if he has as good a relationship on twitter with Syracuse's compliance twitter account as he did with OU's?

NorthernIowaSooner
9/16/2013, 01:01 PM

Thanks for the update, but was anyone wondering what if?

SoonerInFortSmith
9/16/2013, 03:15 PM
Looking at the box score for this past weekend's Syracuse game I didn't see Drew on there. Anybody know anything?

NorthernIowaSooner
9/16/2013, 03:56 PM
Looking at the box score for this past weekend's Syracuse game I didn't see Drew on there. Anybody know anything?

He played, click on individual statistics. http://suathletics.syr.edu/boxscore.aspx?path=football&id=5979

Widescreen
9/16/2013, 05:54 PM
Looks like they played 4 QB's against Wagner.

Jacie
9/16/2013, 07:34 PM
Drew was ineffective in the first three series and was pulled. The sophomore QB who replaced him led the orange on 7 straight scoring drives and will start this week.