PDA

View Full Version : PPV boxing....

rock on sooner
9/13/2013, 12:44 PM
How many of you are boxing fans? PPV for Mayweather/Canelo fight is $74.95.
That's a lotta $$ fer a fight!

8timechamps
9/13/2013, 05:38 PM
Yep, it's as much as I've paid for a fight in maybe ever.

This may be one of (if not the) last PPV fights I'll ever have interest in watching, so I got it. It worked out perfectly, as the OU game is early and there aren't any great games on tomorrow night (plus, by the time the main event starts, it'll be about 9:30 or 10:00 my time).

Turd_Ferguson
9/13/2013, 06:18 PM
I'd like to see Mayweather get his bell rung, but my wife would ring my bell if I spent 75 bucks on it...

rock on sooner
9/13/2013, 09:03 PM
I'd like to see Mayweather get his bell rung, but my wife would ring my bell if I spent 75 bucks on it...

Heh, wouldn't even try it with mine!

olevetonahill
9/13/2013, 09:08 PM
I ordered a Tyson fight over 20years ago cost somepun like 35 bucks er so. Grabbed a 12 pack and some snacks Looked up and the Mother ****er was OVER. somepun 10 er 15 seconds total.
never bothered with one again.

nighttrain12
9/13/2013, 09:37 PM
I ordered a Tyson fight over 20years ago cost somepun like 35 bucks er so. Grabbed a 12 pack and some snacks Looked up and the Mother ****er was OVER. somepun 10 er 15 seconds total.
never bothered with one again.

Was that the Tyson/Spinks fight which ended in round 1? That was my last PPV boxing purchase though you may have been talking about Tyson vs. McNeeley which was AFTER Tyson got out of jail.

I used to buy them all the time including some closed circuit ones: Ali/Foreman, Ali/Holmes (shown at Lloyd Noble), Hearns/Leonard 1 and 2, Duran/Leonard 1 and 2, Foreman/Frazier II, Cooney/Holmes, etc.

olevetonahill
9/13/2013, 09:45 PM
Was that the Tyson/Spinks fight which ended in round 1? That was my last PPV boxing purchase though you may have been talking about Tyson vs. McNeeley which was AFTER Tyson got out of jail.

I used to buy them all the time including some closed circuit ones: Ali/Foreman, Ali/Holmes (shown at Lloyd Noble), Hearns/Leonard 1 and 2, Duran/Leonard 1 and 2, Foreman/Frazier II, Cooney/Holmes, etc.

it was in 90 I think, I wasnt married yet to ex #3 and did that in Late 91 :(

olevetonahill
9/13/2013, 09:52 PM
Just looked and it was in Late 90 early 91. He had a couple of fights that only went 1 rd. It was over FAST is all i remember.

8timechamps
9/13/2013, 09:54 PM

Oh how I'd love to see Mayweather get KO'd.

I'm divorced, so I don't have to ask anyone...one of the very few benefits of being divorced.

olevetonahill
9/13/2013, 09:56 PM
Oh how I'd love to see Mayweather get KO'd.

I'm divorced, so I don't have to ask anyone...one of the MANY benefits of being divorced.

Fixed that for ya Bro, Ya got confused fer a bit.

8timechamps
9/13/2013, 10:40 PM

I'm still on the hook for alimony, so there's still a ways to go before I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/13/2013, 11:26 PM
I'm still on the hook for alimony, so there's still a ways to go before I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

that's probably why she divorced you. You thought there was a light at the end of the tunnel.

mojorisen2014
9/13/2013, 11:55 PM
How many of you are boxing fans? PPV for Mayweather/Canelo fight is $74.95.
That's a lotta $$ fer a fight!

Are you sh!tting me? $75.00 is crazy. I used to freakin love boxing and gradually lost interest in the past few years. I hated paying 50 bucks for ppv can't believe they're charging that much now especially since boxing is on life support.

8timechamps
9/13/2013, 11:58 PM
that's probably why she divorced you. You thought there was a light at the end of the tunnel.

I really did, but it ended up being a train.

olevetonahill
9/14/2013, 05:12 AM
I really did, but it ended up being a train.

I know a guy, Oh wait a minute, Better not say it.:wink:

bluedogok
9/14/2013, 11:32 AM
PPV and corrupt promoters has killed boxing as a top sport.

nighttrain12
9/14/2013, 06:34 PM
PPV and corrupt promoters has killed boxing as a top sport.

There have been corrupt promoters since the beginning of the sport and PPV used to be a great thing. Its complicated why boxing is down but not having the 'free' fights anymore on NBC, CBS, etc. means most fans won't get the chance to know the fighters on the way up to then buy PPV. It would also help to have more successful U.S. fighters instead of those damn robot Klitschko brothers being the Heavyweight champs.

Wishboned
9/14/2013, 10:53 PM

Amen!

nighttrain12
9/16/2013, 11:06 PM
Here's the link since it won't embed here.

http://instagram.com/p/eSVSqxNEkn/

8timechamps
9/17/2013, 05:10 PM
I've officially paid for my last boxing match.

I won't go so far as to say it was worthless, the fight did go the distance, so I felt like I got some of my money's worth. On the other hand, it wasn't an exciting fight at all.

I think the promoters realize that boxing (especially PPV) is going south in the states. Thus the last chance to make big money from a PPV event.

At this point, I wouldn't even pay for Mayweather/Paquiao.

And so my conversion to MMA begins...