PDA

View Full Version : God Bless DeLoss Dodds

Judge Smails
9/13/2013, 08:19 AM
Texas AD DeLoss Dodds: Mack Brown is ‘fine’ as Longhorns head coach

http://college-football.si.com/2013/09/11/texas-deloss-dodds-mack-brown/?sct=cf_t2_a15

Wishboned
9/13/2013, 08:20 AM
Coach for life!

KantoSooner
9/13/2013, 08:20 AM
Maybe OSU could send him some coed skank as a thank you gift?

badger
9/13/2013, 08:29 AM
I feel like listening to the Texas fight song right about now... but then again I don't. I guess this will have to do:
93FBlYwS6mQ

DarrellZero
9/13/2013, 09:22 AM
I feel like listening to the Texas fight song right about now... but then again I don't. I guess this will have to do:

Disgusts me to say it, but EOT is better than that insipid dreck.

Of course, either is better than "Ride e'm Cowboy."

BoulderSooner79
9/13/2013, 09:40 AM
Coach for life!

The problem with this approach is that old clappy ain't looking so good. Maybe we need to all pitch into funding a get-well fund for Mack. He needs a nutritionist and personal trainer at least and maybe a shrink to deal with stress. And if oral health does indeed reflect inner health, better get him a better dentist.

KantoSooner
9/13/2013, 09:43 AM
The problem is that he tried sounding out 'pepsodent', got frustrated and has mistakenly been using 'preparation H' for the last 45 years.

Tear Down This Wall
9/13/2013, 09:51 AM
This is a great quote: "He’s going to be a part of what his future is."

Yes...hard to argue with that logic...for any human on the planet's life, DeLoss.

Look, I live in Texas. My parents were Okies. I was born and raised down here. I can assure that it's partly pure dumb luck that the state of Texas ever amounted to anything.

KantoSooner
9/13/2013, 10:13 AM
Well that and the hilarious fact that Mexican soldiers like to break off battles, stack their muskets, take off their shoes and socks and go to sleep for a couple of hours midday.

Militarily speaking, "It helps when they do that."

(ref: Battle of San Jacinto)

Maybe THAT'S what UT is waiting for opposing football teams to do!

KantoSooner
9/13/2013, 10:38 AM
Does everyone here realize that Shaggy Bevo has a "F*** You, Mack Brown" thread...and that it's been going since late November of last year? That is awesomeness.

BoulderSooner79
9/13/2013, 10:48 AM
Does everyone here realize that Shaggy Bevo has a "F*** You, Mack Brown" thread...and that it's been going since late November of last year? That is awesomeness.

They had a recent thread on "how many debacles have you attended?". It then listed a bunch of games where the horns got blown out or were particularly painful losses. Most the games were in the Mack Brown era and of course I was proud to see several recent RRS blow outs listed.

yermom
9/13/2013, 11:10 AM
i watched them go 5-7

it worked out perfectly that i finally got around to seeing a game in Austin the last time they played the Aggies there, maybe ever

Widescreen
9/13/2013, 11:53 AM
I don't think "fine" is a ringing endorsement. Pretty tepid, actually. I really hope Mack is there until the day he dies. And that he dies at 95 years old.

SoonerInHSV
9/13/2013, 12:53 PM
At some point the big money people go after the AD and if the president of the university won't get rid of him, then they go after the president. Would not be the first time a bad football coach brought down the president.

Flagstaffsooner
9/13/2013, 12:54 PM
But what if the texass admin wises up and cans DeLoss?

SoonerInHSV
9/13/2013, 01:02 PM
If Deloss goes I think Mack is on the same bus out of town. Main reason to fire the AD is to replace the FB coach. Now if Deloss retires it would depend on who they replaced him with.

Temujin
9/13/2013, 01:15 PM
I don't think "fine" is a ringing endorsement. Pretty tepid, actually. I really hope Mack is there until the day he dies. And that he dies at 95 years old.

Can you imagine how "yeller" his teef will be by then?

Wishboned
9/13/2013, 03:00 PM
The problem with this approach is that old clappy ain't looking so good. Maybe we need to all pitch into funding a get-well fund for Mack. He needs a nutritionist and personal trainer at least and maybe a shrink to deal with stress. And if oral health does indeed reflect inner health, better get him a better dentist.

I would support human cloning in this case.

salth2o
9/13/2013, 03:06 PM
I would support human cloning in this case.

Yes!

OU_Sooners75
9/13/2013, 03:34 PM
orangebloods is saying Dodds is retiring at the end of the year.

SoonerMarkVA
9/13/2013, 03:56 PM
orangebloods is saying Dodds is retiring at the end of the year.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8201/8280876326_b7ebd361a2.jpg

tycat947
9/13/2013, 04:58 PM
If Deloss goes I think Mack is on the same bus out of town. Main reason to fire the AD is to replace the FB coach. Now if Deloss retires it would depend on who they replaced him with.

There will be no public firing of either but a forced retirement with celebration, like they decided on their own to retire. But if DeLOSS leaves, Mack is right behind him, you are correct!

swardboy
9/13/2013, 05:12 PM
An endorsement from the AD is often the kiss of death for a coach.

I fear.

8timechamps
9/13/2013, 05:33 PM
I'm seriously considering finding a company that flies banners in Austin, and having a "We love you Mack, please stay forever" banner flown over their stadium. With a "Love Sooner Fans" at the end.

BoulderSooner79
9/13/2013, 05:47 PM
I'm seriously considering finding a company that flies banners in Austin, and having a "We love you Mack, please stay forever" banner flown over their stadium. With a "Love Sooner Fans" at the end.

A clever horn fan that wanted Dodds/Brown ousted might do that anyway. They do like flying banners down there.

cleller
9/13/2013, 06:11 PM

This should be one of those crowd-source funding things. If not enough raised here, maybe let all the message boards chip in. Saw a few under "aerial advertising".

bluedogok
9/13/2013, 10:57 PM
At some point the big money people go after the AD and if the president of the university won't get rid of him, then they go after the president. Would not be the first time a bad football coach brought down the president.
Dodds is just following orders, the big money donors that the AD and President listen to (Red McCombs/Joe Jamail) are the ones keeping Mack in the job, of course they are old (86/87) so maybe they are waiting for them to die off. As soon as they say fire Mack, Dodds will. Perry is trying to run the President (Powers) out of school in an Aggie takeover of the UT BoR. Both Dodds and Powers are headed towards retirement soon but I think Powers wants to retire on his own terms and not be forced out by Aggies. UT is a complete mess right now at both the administration and athletics level, they just keep making money in spite of themselves.

8timechamps
9/13/2013, 11:21 PM
This should be one of those crowd-source funding things. If not enough raised here, maybe let all the message boards chip in. Saw a few under "aerial advertising".

I'll look into it first of next week. May want to do it after the RRR (which hopefully is another beat down). If things go that way, I'll post information and anyone that want's to join in, can. We'll get the word out too.

Therealsouthsider
9/13/2013, 11:51 PM
...too bad LBJ isn't still alive, he would just have them both shot

ss

King Crimson
9/14/2013, 06:30 AM
kickstarter....

olevetonahill
9/14/2013, 06:35 AM
I'll look into it first of next week. May want to do it after the RRR (which hopefully is another beat down). If things go that way, I'll post information and anyone that want's to join in, can. We'll get the word out too.

Heh, Let me know, Ill post it at the Hideout .

stoopified
9/14/2013, 07:12 AM
Coach for life! AMEN

VA Sooner
9/14/2013, 07:17 AM
Thank you, DeLoss!

cleller
9/14/2013, 07:44 AM

Tough to decide if Dallas or Austin would be better. Lots depends on what actually happens in Dallas. An inspired idea.

olevetonahill
9/14/2013, 08:07 AM
Heh Saxet Pres. is in Support of Ole Yeller also.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/13/university-of-texas-president-mack-has-my-support/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/14/2013, 09:09 AM
i watched them go 5-7

it worked out perfectly that i finally got around to seeing a game in Austin the last time they played the Aggies there, maybe everYou went to Austin to see the cows play the lassies! What prompted you to do that?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/14/2013, 09:15 AM
Heh Saxet Pres. is in Support of Ole Yeller also.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/13/university-of-texas-president-mack-has-my-support/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcsIt was a blessing in disguise in several ways when the cows beat the condoms for the NC after the '05 season.

BajaOklahoma
9/14/2013, 09:18 AM
If you seriously want to fly the banner, you need to start with a company outside of Texas. Texas companies will be afraid of offending the fanbase and causing a boycott of their company.

bluedogok
9/14/2013, 11:19 AM
Never did go to a game at DKR in the 9 years I lived in Austin, my wife didn't in the 20 years she lived there. One of these years we'll go to a Tech game there.