PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Tops National List

mhackl
9/13/2013, 08:01 AM
Oklahoma Tops National List
For Biggest Home Field Advantage In Football

The Oklahoma Sooners own the biggest home advantage in college football when playing at home, according to data compiled by PredictionMachine.com, a national website that predicts the outcomes of sports events. Read more (http://talking12.com/2013/09/12/three-big-12-teams-rank-top-10-biggest-home-field-advantage-football/)

You've always known it to be true, and now it's official.

stoopified
9/13/2013, 08:46 AM
I like rankings that promote Oklahoma's greatness as much as anyone BUT I am disinclined to put much stock in this list.I checked it OUt and saw that while OU is #1,they have osu #10,ku #15.........and Alabama #106.I then read where they had a points formula which they did not spell out in specific which led to their rankings.I'm sorry butany formula which says osu and KU have better homefield advantage than the Crimson Tide is terribly flawed. In addition how does Bama rank near the bottom. I'm sorry but I see a huge credibility issue here.

yermom
9/13/2013, 08:57 AM
The truly elite teams, Bessier says, should actually be closer to the bottom because their performance is generally more consistent, regardless of whether they are playing at home or on the road. For example, two-time defensing national champion Alabama ranks 106th on the list, and Florida State is No. 120.

sounds like they are comparing a teams likeliness to win at home vs. on the road

i wonder how long the time frame they are talking about is.

BermudaSooner
9/13/2013, 09:04 AM
Sounds like 2 ways to look at it. OU is great at home, or OU is disproportionately worse on the road. Said another way, the flip of this should be best road teams, of which OU would have to be the worst....and FSU #1.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/13/2013, 09:14 AM
Seems we generally don't get screwed by the officials QUITE as bad in Norman as we do on the road.

sendbaht
9/13/2013, 09:21 AM
111. Texas Longhorns that's funny as heck!

mhackl
9/13/2013, 09:56 AM
Sounds like 2 ways to look at it. OU is great at home, or OU is disproportionately worse on the road. Said another way, the flip of this should be best road teams, of which OU would have to be the worst....and FSU #1.
Good point

SoonerInHSV
9/13/2013, 12:50 PM
It appears to be based on difference between road and home performance in which case it is pretty meaningless. It could tell you team A is really good at home or they are really bad on the road. I seem to remember that in Landry's first couple of years we really struggled on the road. This could be a result of that.