PDA

View Full Version : So who are you rooting for, TAMU or Bammer?

BermudaSooner
9/13/2013, 07:43 AM
What say you? Bammer to continue their drive toward a 3rd straight NC, or the annoying little Johnny F-head?

salth2o
9/13/2013, 07:45 AM
Rammer Jammer Alerbammer.

Sick of JFF.

mhackl
9/13/2013, 07:57 AM
BAMA, all day long. I've always considered them a sister school to OU.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/13/2013, 08:06 AM
Asteroid.

bmjlr
9/13/2013, 08:12 AM
Gotta go with Bama. JFF needs to be knocked down a billion notches. As history will tell us, even if Bama loses, they will still play for a NC...so might as well have them win anyway. Then they can lose to Kentucky....if they even play that is.

olevetonahill
9/13/2013, 08:14 AM
Sinkhole

KantoSooner
9/13/2013, 08:19 AM
Saban to go to the NY Jets. Then he can coach against Belichek. They'll do away with teams. Just Nick and Bill, at mid-field, arms folded, staring at each other. Saban in an impeccable Gieves and Hawke navy blazer (with real button holes on the sleeves), Belichek wearing a ten-year-old hoodie with fresh mustard stains all down the front. Just staring at each other WITH INTENSITY until one or the other bursts into flame and dies.

Then football is declared complete and all teams are disbanded.

badger
9/13/2013, 08:28 AM
Someone always beats Bammer and they always end up in the title game regardless, it seems. So, someone else can beat em this year and then they can still claim their billionth national championship in January.

There's absolutely no reason to root for a Bama loss, regardless of who they play, because the BCS does not give two plastic dick feathers about Bammer losing.

Zin
9/13/2013, 08:49 AM
I'm pretty tired of listening to aTm fans. They act as if they have won some type of championship.

Landthief 1972
9/13/2013, 08:52 AM
Ideal situation: Johnny D0uchebag breaks a leg on the first drive, and his backup leads A&M to victory.

oudanny
9/13/2013, 08:56 AM
Roll Tide

BoulderSooner79
9/13/2013, 08:56 AM
I tried to care, but phailed. Regardless of outcome, they'll be chanting SEC! SEC!

As badger points out, if Bama loses, they *might* drop all the way to #2.

badger
9/13/2013, 08:58 AM
I tried to care, but phailed. Regardless of outcome, they'll be chanting SEC! SEC!

As badger points out, if Bama loses, they *might* drop all the way to #2.

Instead of being the sole No.1, they'll have to share it with someone.

I think I hear some ducks quacking...

Mac94
9/13/2013, 08:58 AM
Ideal situation: Johnny D0uchebag breaks a leg on the first drive, and his backup leads A&M to victory.

I'll gladly take this ;)

yermom
9/13/2013, 09:00 AM
no one is safe until Bama loses three games!

i kinda have a sick affection for aTm and their hate for all things Texas, plus Sumlin, and as a former Big 12 school, it's pretty funny to see them handle the almighty SEC

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/13/2013, 09:02 AM
Asteroid.Pretty much. These are 2 teams sent from down below. I don't despise either one, but SOMEBODY (prolly at least 2 somebodies)should beat bamers, and we recruit tx hard, so aTm winning is major bad for our recruiting.

jkjsooner
9/13/2013, 09:03 AM
BAMA, all day long. I've always considered them a sister school to OU.

You should have spent some time listening to the Finebaum show before calling Bama our sister school. I can promise you they don't give Oklahoma any respect. (And, yes, I did go to the OU game in Tuscaloosa and met a lot of good Bama fans but the older alums I talked to aren't representative of the fanbase.)

I had a coworker who was a Bama fan and he resembled the rest of the Finebaum callers. When we talked about college football he told me he wouldn't know OU from Iowa State. From that point on I've rooted against Bama every chance I get. The only exceptions were the Auburn game when Cam there and this Saturday.

9/13/2013, 09:04 AM
I'm pretty tired of listening to aTm fans. They act as if they have won some type of championship.
mofos are SITTING PRETTY when it comes to recruiting.

jkjsooner
9/13/2013, 09:06 AM
and as a former Big 12 school, it's pretty funny to see them handle the almighty SEC

This is the part that gets overlooked. The players that played in last year's game were all recruited to play in the Big 12. They played a Big 12 style offense that "couldn't work in the SEC" and set offensive records.

9/13/2013, 09:11 AM
I had a coworker who was a Bama fan and he resembled the rest of the Finebaum callers. When we talked about college football he told me he wouldn't know OU from Iowa State. From that point on I've rooted against Bama every chance I get. The only exceptions were the Auburn game when Cam there and this Saturday.When we beat them 2 years in a row, a few yrs back(before Saban got there). It seemed to me that they acted sorta like we had no business winning a game with them.

BigTip
9/13/2013, 10:57 AM
A difficult question for sure.
How does it affect us is what I made a choice on.
I want OU to have the most national championships of any school. aTm is not much of a threat in that department.
Johnny Jockstrap will be gone and forgotten eventually, but if bama wins another title, that will be on the books forever.
Also if aTm wins, that will go a little towards keeping texass down.
So by all that twisted logic, I'll root for aTm in a sloppy, ugly, win.

TAFBSooner
9/13/2013, 11:10 AM
I want OU to have the most national championships of any school. aTm is not much of a threat in that department.
Johnny Jockstrap will be gone and forgotten eventually, but if bama wins another title, that will be on the books forever.

I also want OU to be the first team to win back-to-back-to-back MNCs.

BoulderSooner79
9/13/2013, 12:13 PM

Pretty solid logic, IMO. It's a waste of negative vibes to be routing against JFF. That guy is so obviously self-destructive that I'll let that situation take care of itself.
But I still can't work up a care about this game other than hoping to be entertained if I watch it. I may be riding my bike instead.

BoulderSooner79
9/13/2013, 12:14 PM
I also want OU to be the first team to win back-to-back-to-back MNCs.

First, we need to start with a simple back-...

SoonerForLife92
9/13/2013, 12:32 PM
Pretty solid logic, IMO. It's a waste of negative vibes to be routing against JFF. That guy is so obviously self-destructive that I'll let that situation take care of itself.
But I still can't work up a care about this game other than hoping to be entertained if I watch it. I may be riding my bike instead.

But the thing is Alabama was the ONLY good team they beat last year. I'm tired of hearing how great this kid is when he really is not.

SoonerInHSV
9/13/2013, 12:45 PM
Tired of JFF and I live in Alabama and have to put up with their fans, so I am in the have the earth open up and swallow both of them camp.

TAFBSooner
9/13/2013, 12:58 PM
First, we need to start with a simple back-...

Maybe dreaming, but it would be nice to destroy Bama's three-peat while starting our own.

jkjsooner
9/13/2013, 01:16 PM
But the thing is Alabama was the ONLY good team they beat last year. I'm tired of hearing how great this kid is when he really is not.

We were a good team last year. Maybe our defense was suspect and the team didn't really live up to our own standards but we were 10-2 going into the Cotton Bowl.

SoonerForLife92
9/13/2013, 01:38 PM
We were a good team last year. Maybe our defense was suspect and the team didn't really live up to our own standards but we were 10-2 going into the Cotton Bowl.

Yeah I should have stated REALLY good team. But even so, johnny football wrecking our defense and us losing that bad says more about how we chocked it away then how good they really are. In my opinion at least. Plus they lost 3 offensive starting linemen so I think (hope) he will be exposed more.

jkjsooner
9/13/2013, 01:42 PM
I've changed my mind. I'll just enjoy the misery of whoever loses.

BoulderSooner79
9/13/2013, 04:07 PM
I've changed my mind. I'll just enjoy the misery of whoever loses.

There will be meltdowns :black_eyed:

OU_Sooners75
9/13/2013, 04:19 PM
Bama won't win 3 in a row. OU stands in their way! Lol

That said! I hope the Tide rolls!

Edmond Sooner
9/13/2013, 04:20 PM
We need a "Nuke it from orbit" option. :succ:

OU_Sooners75
9/13/2013, 04:21 PM

This won't happen. Because if JM does break a leg, eATMe has no backup worth a sh*t

SoonerMarkVA
9/13/2013, 04:27 PM
Shiver of land sharks.

8timechamps
9/13/2013, 05:08 PM
I have absolutely no rooting interest in this game, but if I had to choose which team I wanted to win, it'd probably be A&M.

A&M isn't going to win the SEC, their defense isn't very good. Bama is in a great position to win the SEC again, and the last thing I want to see is a back-to-back-to-back SEC national title.

Like I said, I really don't care who wins, but I would be less annoyed by an A&M victory.

SoonerorLater
9/13/2013, 05:16 PM
ATM. Don't want Bama to win another championship. I figure if ATM wins they have enough self destruction built into their football culture they will ultimately fail. That said it's a pretty short list of teams that might be better than either of these two.

9/13/2013, 07:58 PM
Bamer is so far ahead of OU in NC's now, slim chance of catching up...so, eaTme needs a humiliation, to slow down their recruiting momentum.(they are not just hurting the cows in recruiting, but OU too)

Sure, I want bamer to lose X infinity, but just not to the eaTme bunch.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/13/2013, 09:50 PM
We need to get really good.

SoonerorLater
9/13/2013, 10:23 PM
I just see ATM as "useful idiots". Being in the SEC won't make any difference in the long run just ask Miss St. or Vanderbilt. It was just a few short years ago the Big 12 South was the toughest division in football. Just a few years back USC looked ready to be a dynasty for decades. In a few years the SEC love will fade when the next media hyped fad begins.

BoulderSooner79
9/13/2013, 10:28 PM
They just had an audio interview on ESPN with Charles Barkley and it was hilarious! He said Manziel is *this* close to making him do something he could never imagine: pull for Alabama. (Barkley played for Auburn). He said the only person more annoying than Manziel is Mille Cyrus! Too funny! :surprise:

8timechamps
9/13/2013, 10:38 PM
They just had an audio interview on ESPN with Charles Barkley and it was hilarious! He said Manziel is *this* close to making him do something he could never imagine: pull for Alabama. (Barkley played for Auburn). He said the only person more annoying than Manziel is Mille Cyrus! Too funny! :surprise:

I saw that a couple of days ago. He says something about people at Auburn probably getting upset with him, but that Manziel is making it really hard not to want Alabama to win.

Curly Bill
9/13/2013, 10:42 PM
I hope Bama stomps a mudhole in that aggroid booty!

okiewaker
9/13/2013, 10:52 PM
Hope Johnny "one minute" pounds a hole in Bama. Then, goze away. I can take a coupla a seasons with a loud mouth but,,, can't stand the thot of giving Bama anymore bragging rights than they already claim.

FaninAma
9/13/2013, 11:26 PM
TAMU even with Manziel. Just tired of Bama and Nick Satan.

Sabanball
9/14/2013, 12:01 AM
You should have spent some time listening to the Finebaum show before calling Bama our sister school. I can promise you they don't give Oklahoma any respect. (And, yes, I did go to the OU game in Tuscaloosa and met a lot of good Bama fans but the older alums I talked to aren't representative of the fanbase.)

I had a coworker who was a Bama fan and he resembled the rest of the Finebaum callers. When we talked about college football he told me he wouldn't know OU from Iowa State. From that point on I've rooted against Bama every chance I get. The only exceptions were the Auburn game when Cam there and this Saturday.

You base this opinion on some callers to a radio show?? Painting with a bit of a broad brush, don't you think?

Rest assured that the overwhelming majority of Tide fans have nothing but respect for the OU program and tradition.

sendbaht
9/14/2013, 02:18 AM
This is almost as bad for me as usc vs texas.....but I'll go with bama...

King Barry's Back
9/14/2013, 02:19 AM
Someone always beats Bammer and they always end up in the title game regardless, it seems. So, someone else can beat em this year and then they can still claim their billionth national championship in January.

There's absolutely no reason to root for a Bama loss, regardless of who they play, because the BCS does not give two plastic dick feathers about Bammer losing.

Yeah, i agree that Bama is our sister school, the ONLY reason i'd cheer aainst them fankly is i'm jealous of theirvrecent success. (Which i am am...)

But beating the little punk *** b!tch is a legit reason to hope the elephants get their revenge.

SicEmBaylor
9/14/2013, 02:21 AM
Aggie and everyone who wishes Aggie good health, good cheer, and a victory on any Saturday can rot in the deepest depths of hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM4Lq0vNNhg

stoopified
9/14/2013, 05:28 AM
ROLL TIDE

okiewaker
9/14/2013, 08:10 AM
Aggie and everyone who wishes Aggie good health, good cheer, and a victory on any Saturday can rot in the deepest depths of hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM4Lq0vNNhg

We were given a choice. Sorry you don't like, or are intolerant others would dare choose what you didn't. Sh!t don't mean nothing to me.

olevetonahill
9/14/2013, 08:52 AM
Everyone gettin their Panties in a wad over a ****in game :surprise:
Hell when WE were on Top we strutted our Stuff so bama can do the same for now as far as that Brash little juvinile kid goes at Lassie U hes just another Matt Leinfart, Chris wenkie flash in the Pan
let him enjoy himself. If any of us were in his shoes we would Prolly be partyen just as hard if not harder :cocksure:

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/14/2013, 09:55 AM
Go Elephants!

OUmillenium
9/14/2013, 10:03 AM
Alabama

How is this even a question? Not even the majority of Texas is rooting for Aggie, IMO

9/14/2013, 10:13 AM
Go Elephants! May a humongous offshore wave deliver an angry elephant through the evil red tide, to land squarely broadside on the severely perplexed Lassie aggy.

BlownGP
9/14/2013, 10:22 AM
If it was any other year I would say A&M, but will all this Johhny football ****. I want bama to roll all over them.