PDA

View Full Version : SEC Cheats?

CowboyMRW
9/11/2013, 04:30 PM
Yo Sabanball, what do you have to say about this?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--documents--texts-reveal-impermissible-benefits-to-five-sec-players-202513237.html

Also to SI, this is what proof looks like, not that horse **** that you've put together.

David Earl
9/11/2013, 04:37 PM
Everybody hold your breath! I am CERTAIN the NCAA will run with this, making an exhaustive investigation. I bet the whole conference gets the death penalty!!

olevetonahill
9/11/2013, 04:41 PM
I love watchin em Squirm
http://www.lovewithoutboundaries.com/sites/lwb/uploads/images/Top_Ten/2011/He_Did_It.jpg

Boomer.....
9/11/2013, 04:43 PM
The $EC has never done wrong.

cherokeebrewer
9/11/2013, 04:47 PM
That's gonna open up a big can of wiggly worms...whoa buddy.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/11/2013, 04:48 PM
At least they pay their good players.

CowboyMRW
9/11/2013, 04:51 PM
At least they pay their good players.

Touche. But hey, we pay cornerbacks after a 40 point loss. Win or lose, people are getting paid. Who wouldn't want that.

Breadburner
9/11/2013, 04:57 PM
The OP really has his head in the sand.....!!!

CowboyMRW
9/11/2013, 05:02 PM

Better that than my dick in a sheep I would say.

cleller
9/11/2013, 05:30 PM
If we'd just pay all these athletes the tiniest bit, they would be happy and stop trying grab this clandestine cash.

Surely if they had enough just to buy a few sandwiches a sodas they'd be content, and play by the rules.

cherokeebrewer
9/11/2013, 05:35 PM
If we'd just pay all these athletes the tiniest bit, they would be happy and stop trying grab this clandestine cash.

Surely if they had enough just to buy a few sandwiches a sodas they'd be content, and play by the rules.

Lol

olevetonahill
9/11/2013, 05:36 PM

Thats Funny, I dont care who ya are.

BoulderSooner79
9/11/2013, 05:43 PM

Good one!

But seriously, this plan could work if we could overcome one very small problem: Some athletes think "tinitest bit" is $100 while others think it is $50k.

tycat947
9/11/2013, 06:01 PM

I would guess it's probably both!

Temujin
9/11/2013, 06:54 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--documents--texts-reveal-impermissible-benefits-to-five-sec-players-202513237.html

Also to SI, this is what proof looks like, not that horse **** that you've put together.

Technically eye-witness testimony IS evidence.

sooneron
9/11/2013, 07:44 PM

Well, it is early...

olevetonahill
9/11/2013, 08:11 PM

Hell the Sheep aint virgins they dont care anymore.

Wishboned
9/11/2013, 10:12 PM

That would be a judgement call on your end.

CincySooner
9/12/2013, 11:10 AM

Because nobody has ever tried to get more money than what they are currently making

En_Fuego
9/12/2013, 11:21 AM

Yes, but did they make a buck while taking a test while smoking a joint and having sex with women ?

Ooohhhhh the shame

thecrimsoncrusader
""Our review is ongoing. We diligently educate our student-athletes on how to skirt compliance with NCAA rules, and will continue to do so."

badger

Here's what Saban himself had to say, lol:
z8lWsIjUr60

Here's the full presser (including walkout at the end, lol)
8f2Zy7NpR28

En_Fuego
9/12/2013, 11:30 AM
Lovely video. I noticed a little wet brown stain on his arse while leaving.

CincySooner
9/12/2013, 11:35 AM
Wow... after reading that article, that is very damning evidence.

the players are in trouble for sure... as for the instritutions, it doesn't look like there is any evidence that shows that the schools are in on it. The institutions will pay the price, but it looks like the trail of evidence stayed well off the schools' radar. Sad that the actions of a greedy few will erase a championship season for someone.

As for HOW they did it... how dumb to you have to be to create a paper and electronic trail a mile wide of your transactions. It's 2013... nothing is hidden anymore. Even OSU has figured out that you don't pay players wit electronic transactions :P

Jason White's Third Knee
9/12/2013, 12:14 PM

You've lost that lovin' feelin'.

Soonerjeepman
9/12/2013, 12:19 PM
oops....

Bourbon St Sooner
9/12/2013, 12:24 PM
Can Phil Knight fund a $60 million facility for the BCS to show off all of its vacated national championship trophies.

Bourbon St Sooner
9/12/2013, 12:26 PM
You know I thought any mention of the johnny reb conference sent up a Batman beacon for our resident bammer fan. The silence is deafening.

PalmBeachSooner
9/12/2013, 12:32 PM
That would be a judgement call on your end.

more likely the sheep's end.

soonerfan69
9/12/2013, 12:46 PM
Okie st will probably get the death penalty and Bama will probably not even get a slap on the wrist

jkjsooner
9/12/2013, 12:56 PM
Okie st will probably get the death penalty and Bama will probably not even get a slap on the wrist

If the allegations against OSU are true, they should be punished worse than these SEC schools. From my understanding the SEC issue was only about players and agents. It doesn't involve boosters and it doesn't involves coaches or administrators.

When school administrators are involved (either on the initial infraction or the cover-up) that's when it gets really serious. Ohio State and USC both got punished more for the cover-up than the original crime.

kbsooner21
9/12/2013, 01:12 PM
If the allegations against OSU are true, they should be punished worse than these SEC schools. From my understanding the SEC issue was only about players and agents. It doesn't involve boosters and it doesn't involves coaches or administrators.

When school administrators are involved (either on the initial infraction or the cover-up) that's when it gets really serious. Ohio State and USC both got punished more for the cover-up than the original crime.

You're kidding right?

jkjsooner
9/12/2013, 01:26 PM
You're kidding right?

No. Why do you think I'm kidding?

We only got a slap on the wrist for the Bomar incident and that involved boosters. The reason is that there is no indication that anyone within the athletic department knew of the transgressions ahead of time.

In OSU's case, if everything is proven then some of their infractions directly involved not only boosters but coaches. That is a big deal.

Note that I said "if everything is proven." That is an assumption I've made in both of my posts. If it's no proven then you can disregard the rest.

jkjsooner
9/12/2013, 01:30 PM
Now Bama could have to forfeit games and their championship. As much as I hate Bama, I find that part unfortunate. I don't like the idea that one rogue player can cause the rest to forfeit a championship but that is the way it works.

One other assumption is that these misdeeds were unknown by the universities. If they knew and covered it up then that changes the situation immensely.