PDA

View Full Version : I don't give a crap about the Oklahoma State "scandal"

Tear Down This Wall
9/11/2013, 10:02 AM
Is there anyone else here who also really doesn't give a crap? We already know they are second rate. And, we already know that this kind of stuff happens at all big schools. So, who really cares?

During the time span they speak of, we still owned them. Just ignore the uproar coming from the kids' table down the hall like you would at any other Thanksgiving gathering.

When Boren and his cabal of idiots tried to get us to join the Pac 12, it became clear that the Pac 12 had no interest whatsoever in dragging along Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, and Baylor into the package of Texas and OU. (Then...it became clear that they only wanted Texas...leaving Boren and the same idiots to backtrack as if they'd expected it).

Oklahoma State football is nothing but dried, stale cowflop. They can cheat all they want, just like everyone else does, and they will still suck because at the end of the day, they are still trying to recruit kids to spend four or five years of their life in Stoolwater.

Plastic dick feathers.

KantoSooner
9/11/2013, 10:05 AM
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

Soonerus
9/11/2013, 10:11 AM
I really don't care about the OSU deal either...

cherokeebrewer
9/11/2013, 10:17 AM
I don't think David Boren is an idiot...

BoulderSooner79
9/11/2013, 10:20 AM
Where can I get some plastic dick feathers?

badger
9/11/2013, 10:24 AM
OSU was created by the non-forward thinkers at our state's founding. Stillwater was the recipient of the great prize of the day --- the A&M college! We were a farming state primarily then, so of course we are going to be a farming state forever.

Alas, while *some* universities have found ways to make their athletics self-sustaining, OSU has found ways to lose millions (http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-10-04/if-only-t-dot-boone-pickens-had-died) and rely on academics to fund their flailing athletic side. They might claim that academics no longer fund athletics thanks to Pickens' millions. That does not make up for the decades of our tax dollars being used to fund utter crap.

So yeah, I kind of care when the state's been wasting money on that front :mad:

PS: Yes, give us a link to find plastic dick feathers

SoonerMarkVA
9/11/2013, 10:50 AM
I would only consider organic dick feathers.

badger
9/11/2013, 11:17 AM
I would only consider organic dick feathers.
hippie tree dick lover

sooner_born_1960
9/11/2013, 11:20 AM
I'm calling BS... on this dick feather dealeo.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/11/2013, 11:21 AM
I shot a man in Reno just to steal his plastic dick feathers.

cvsooner
9/11/2013, 12:01 PM
I'm still puzzling why killing a man in Reno (Nevada) gets you a prison sentence in Folsom (California).

badger
9/11/2013, 12:03 PM
I'm still puzzling why killing a man in Reno (Nevada) gets you a prison sentence in Folsom (California).

plastic dick feathers

En_Fuego
9/11/2013, 12:08 PM
If you shot a man in Reno just to watch him die, then why would you hang your head and cry ?

Edmond Sooner
9/11/2013, 12:11 PM

This.

En_Fuego
9/11/2013, 12:17 PM
This is how I feel about the situation;

ChmUC0OysoU

Bourbon St Sooner
9/11/2013, 12:18 PM

It's just a song you plastic dick feathers!

olevetonahill
9/11/2013, 12:34 PM

Ya have to buy em from "Flying Dick Wheels "

cvsooner
9/11/2013, 12:39 PM
It's just a song you plastic dick feathers!

Yeah, well, so is "Boomer Sooner" then, or "The Star Spangled Banner." Huh? Huh? How about that?

KantoSooner
9/11/2013, 01:01 PM
Now, if I could get you some plastic dick feathers made from biodegradeable plastic, would that satisfy the organic demand? I see a business opportunity here, the organic ones being in short supply, and all.

BoulderSooner79
9/11/2013, 01:05 PM
Now, if I could get you some plastic dick feathers made from biodegradeable plastic, would that satisfy the organic demand? I see a business opportunity here, the organic ones being in short supply, and all.

An unscrupulous business would just add a misleading "Organic!" sticker to regular, 'ol plastic dick feathers and jack the price.

cvsooner
9/11/2013, 01:10 PM
You can make plastic out of corn and soybeans. Maybe that would work. And ducks eat corn and soybeans, so you could wind up with plastic duck feathers. Which would mean you're in Oregon.

Soonerjeepman
9/11/2013, 01:16 PM
thought it was "flying dick weed"..

anyways...I'm in the don't GAS boat....

BoulderSooner79
9/11/2013, 01:18 PM
You can make plastic out of corn and soybeans. Maybe that would work. And ducks eat corn and soybeans, so you could wind up with plastic duck feathers. Which would mean you're in Oregon.

Maybe those designs on the Ducks shoulder pads are actually plastic dick feathers? I'll try the Nike website...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/11/2013, 01:18 PM
I don't think David Boren is an idiot...
FWIW to you, he has remained a democrat.

9/11/2013, 01:21 PM
hippie tree dick loverbreak it down for us, badger-style.

badger
9/11/2013, 01:35 PM
Shuttlecock: The feathers are brittle; shuttlecocks break easily and often need to be replaced several times during a game. For this reason, synthetic shuttlecocks have been developed that replace the feathers with a plastic skirt. Players often refer to synthetic shuttlecocks as plastics and feathered shuttlecocks as feathers.

cherokeebrewer
9/11/2013, 01:53 PM
FWIW to you, he has remained a democrat.

Coming from a Rush Limbaugh wannabe, I cannot take your comment seriously. FWIW to me...plastic duck feathers.

KantoSooner
9/11/2013, 02:21 PM
plastic duck = rubber duck?

Just asking.

cvsooner
9/11/2013, 02:29 PM
Shuttlecock=plastic dick feathers

Duh.

BoulderSooner79
9/11/2013, 02:42 PM
plastic duck = rubber duck?

Just asking.

Not if the rubber is from real rubber trees and thus organic.

olevetonahill
9/11/2013, 02:47 PM
Do not Anger the " Flying Dick Wheels"

KantoSooner
9/11/2013, 03:53 PM
Not if the rubber is from real rubber trees and thus organic.

Ah! 'Chicle Duck'

But only if the rubber tree was on a plot of land that had had no synthetic fertilizer or insecticides for a documented five years prior to planting. On the up side, then it could be:

"Oregon Tilth Organic Chicle Duckie"

and every pony tailed lawyer in Portland would have a stiffy for it.

FaninAma
9/11/2013, 04:09 PM
Aren't those the things you can buy for 75 cents from the vending machines in the Love's men's restrooms?

BTW, do the women's restrooms have these vending machines?

8timechamps
9/11/2013, 06:35 PM
This thread raises a great question: Plastic or Rubber dick feathers?

BoulderSooner79
9/11/2013, 07:05 PM
This thread raises a great question: Plastic or Rubber dick feathers?

It is a great question, but for too broad a subject for this thread. I mean, where to start? Maybe bring it up in the delete me thread?

mhackl
9/11/2013, 09:10 PM
The Poke fan meltdown on Facebook is priceless. They could care less if it's true.

I simply mentioned the difference between OU fans reaction to Rhet (outrage at Rhet Bomar), and Poke fans reaction (outrage at the reporter). Lol, I'm already being defiended by old classmates.

olevetonahill
9/11/2013, 09:14 PM
The Poke fan meltdown on Facebook is priceless. They could care less if it's true.

I simply mentioned the difference between OU fans reaction to Rhet (outrage at Rhet Bomar), and Poke fans reaction (outrage at the reporter). Lol, I'm already being fiended by old classmates.

Heh, I wouldnt know I dont have any poke friends. a few Sooners I know from here do tho.

ouwasp
9/11/2013, 09:25 PM
If the scandal will have the poke fans keep a little lower profile, then I'm happy for it. Otherwise I don't care. Kinda bothers me that so much of the Tulsa World sports pages will be filled with the crap... but then, the TW acts like all things orange are golden, so it must pain them to write it up.

bluedogok
9/11/2013, 09:28 PM
OSU was created by the non-forward thinkers at our state's founding. Stillwater was the recipient of the great prize of the day --- the A&M college! We were a farming state primarily then, so of course we are going to be a farming state forever.

Alas, while *some* universities have found ways to make their athletics self-sustaining, OSU has found ways to lose millions (http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-10-04/if-only-t-dot-boone-pickens-had-died) and rely on academics to fund their flailing athletic side. They might claim that academics no longer fund athletics thanks to Pickens' millions. That does not make up for the decades of our tax dollars being used to fund utter crap.

So yeah, I kind of care when the state's been wasting money on that front :mad:

PS: Yes, give us a link to find plastic dick feathers
Why is OSU in Stillwater and the prison in McAlester?
McAlester had first choice......

9/12/2013, 01:03 AM
Coming from a Rush Limbaugh wannabe, I cannot take your comment seriously. FWIW to me...plastic duck feathers.Is this your odd way of saying you DON'T think Boren's still a democrat(questionable judgment)?

cherokeebrewer
9/12/2013, 07:47 AM
Is this your odd way of saying you DON'T think Boren's still a democrat(questionable judgment)?

No, it's my odd way of saying I don't give a sh!t ...

badger
9/12/2013, 08:12 AM
Why is OSU in Stillwater and the prison in McAlester?
McAlester had first choice......

They were forward thinkers. By having a prison town mentality, decades later, some of their residents slashed Westboro's tires (http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/Westboro_protesters_face_jeers_and_slashed_tires/20101114_11_a12_cutlin105145) when every other city they've visited in the country have been too scared. Yay McAlester!

cherokeebrewer
9/12/2013, 08:25 AM
They were forward thinkers. By having a prison town mentality, decades later, some of their residents slashed Westboro's tires (http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/Westboro_protesters_face_jeers_and_slashed_tires/20101114_11_a12_cutlin105145) when every other city they've visited in the country have been too scared. Yay McAlester!

My wife and I live in the hills SE of McAlester, that tire slash was a great day!

KantoSooner
9/12/2013, 09:17 AM
Then you're close to Lovera's.

I am envious.

cherokeebrewer
9/12/2013, 09:52 AM
Then you're close to Lovera's.

I am envious.

Yep, we go to Krebs often...not Pete's as often as we once did, but Lovera's yes.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/12/2013, 10:07 AM
I'm in Lovera's fairly often this time of year to pick up stuff for the grill. pete's is OK but overpriced. We hit up Roseanna's all the time.

cherokeebrewer
9/12/2013, 10:22 AM
Yeah, Pete's has changed over the years. Used to be I could take my wife for a steak dinner for $50, now you'd likely need a hundred dollar bill...steak is still good, but not as good.

Aries
9/12/2013, 10:32 AM
If a poke fan makes a good snarky comment at your expense, or otherwise does anything positive, be sure you say....

"That was pretty good. There will be an envelope in your locker at the end of the day."

In my experience, they love that.... LOL

badger
9/12/2013, 10:41 AM
"That was pretty good. There will be an envelope in your locker at the end of the day."

"You've won a new pair of socks!"

SoonerMarkVA
9/12/2013, 10:49 AM

I simply mentioned the difference between OU fans reaction to Rhet (outrage at Rhet Bomar), and Poke fans reaction (outrage at the reporter). Lol, I'm already being defiended by old classmates.

Yup. They are in full-out panic/spin mode. I'm not saying a word. I'm just laughing as I read.

8timechamps
9/12/2013, 02:54 PM
If a poke fan makes a good snarky comment at your expense, or otherwise does anything positive, be sure you say....

In my experience, they love that.... LOL

Excellent!

I'm calling one of my OSU friends tonight, and if he tries to be defensive about all of this (and he will), I'm going to alter your line a little and say:

"That's good, I'll make sure your post-game envelope is a little thicker this week."

9/12/2013, 03:01 PM
If you shot a man in Reno just to watch him die, then why would you hang your head and cry ?If you're a boy named Sue, what would you do?

badger
9/12/2013, 03:04 PM
If you're a boy named Sue, what would you do?

Nut stop on Thanksgiving