PDA

View Full Version : Just watched Obama...

rock on sooner
9/10/2013, 08:37 PM
Ima thinkin its in the Russian and Assad court. If I heard correctly,
it wouldn't be a pinprick strike, if Assad doesn't give it up. There are
somewhere in the neighborhood of 254 Tomahawks on the four destroyers,
two battlegroups of carriers, plus an unknown number of subs with
missile capability. Other research shows that the AF has capability to shut
down electrical grids from outside international borders.

Above all else, I want to NOT get involved, but, at the same time, that SOB
cannot be allowed to do what he did without answering. France seems to be
the only one to help, the UN aint got any brass. Kerry has a good idea, the
Ruskies seems to agree and Assad is murmuring agreement. Lets all cross our
fingers and hope it works out. If not, then, imo, every air base, air defense post,
army post, training post, military outlet and recruiting station should be taken
out in a 24 hour time frame. After that, ask Assad what's next, with assurance
of knowledge of his home address is in fire control.

My issue is IF we do it, don't do it half way. My desire is to NOT do it at all.

8timechamps
9/10/2013, 09:22 PM
My opinion hasn't changed at all. I keep hearing about the "proof", but have seen nothing. If the president really wants to get the country behind this, that would be a good place to start.

Nonetheless, I'm all for never getting involved. If we do, there will be blow back.

olevetonahill
9/10/2013, 09:36 PM
Im an Ole War Dog, I say stay the **** out and let them Mooslums kill each other.

okie52
9/10/2013, 10:58 PM
There are 7.5 billion people in the world...why is it our 3% that always has to shoulder the load? Hell, we can't even defend our own borders.

Blue
9/10/2013, 11:03 PM
The "administrations" handling of this would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

Their all about regime change and everybody knows it. I don't know why, but that's whats been and is going on over there. The place is gonna blow up before long and everyone is choosing sides.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/11/2013, 03:24 AM
Not our fight. Stay out of it. It will not end well. We are only here because The Leftist flapped his gums and the SoS is a stupid idiot running off the mouth. The Leftist sacrificed 4 Americans in Libya because he didn't want anyone to know we were arming the Syrian rebels with Libyan arms, so we shouldn't be bothered if rogue Syrians gassed the rebels or if the rebels gassed themselves trying to get to the weapons. Either way, none of our business.

TAFBSooner
9/11/2013, 11:45 AM
Syria . . . Syria? Hell, we can't even defend our own borders.

I see your usual threadjack, and counter with mine: The 1% want cheap labor, so they will ensure we have porous borders so the supply stays up.

okie52
9/11/2013, 12:20 PM
I see your usual threadjack, and counter with mine: The 1% want cheap labor, so they will ensure we have porous borders so the supply stays up.

Haha...Threadjack? Just a relevant statement as to anytime the US feels it needs to intervene in other countries security/affairs before it takes care of its own "security".

Agreed on the 1% (or at least a lot of them). The US Chamber of Commerce is certainly one of the most guilty of selling out the country and the Republican base. But let's not leave out the dems and organized labor that are selling out labor and reducing potential jobs and wages. They are just as guilty as the 1%'ers and the Chamber.

I always like to quote Lenin here:

"When we go to hang the capitalists they will sell us the rope."

FaninAma
9/11/2013, 02:03 PM

And they want taxpayer supported programs to subsidize this cheap labor so they continue to maximize profits so they can get higher stock prices so they can continue to increase the amount of income they receive(highest income gap since 1928 between the top 1% and other income groups) and so they can continue to profit from monstrous government deficits via administering the programs(i.e. JPM and the SNAP program).

SoonerProphet
9/11/2013, 03:08 PM
To bad so many skeptics chose silence the last time the imperial presidency reared its ugly head in a rush to war.

okie52
9/11/2013, 03:21 PM
Libya?...yeah, that sucked...those bastards

SoonerProphet
9/11/2013, 03:38 PM
Libya?...yeah, that sucked...those bastards

Dude, that was a "kinetic strike", get your nomenclature straight.

Still, must say many cheerleaders of W's clusterf*ck have suddenly found that limited government applies only if you have a D next to your name.

okie52
9/11/2013, 04:16 PM
kinetic strike...I like that.

And many of those same anti war, anti interventionists that were screaming bloody murder during W's folly are now silent or rushing to support these humanitarian bombings...with Obama leading the way.

SoonerProphet
9/11/2013, 05:35 PM
kinetic strike...I like that.

And many of those same anti war, anti interventionists that were screaming bloody murder during W's folly are now silent or rushing to support these humanitarian bombings...with Obama leading the way.

Yep

soonercruiser
9/11/2013, 06:00 PM
What happened to Obama and Kerry the anti-war protesters?

Kerry is the one that I am really disappointed in.
He had scruples, even though I did not agree with them.
And, he is intelligent and experienced enough to keep Obama out of trouble!
NOW! He has sold out his scruples for "Whatever Obama says".
And, he can't even keep a consistent thought going for more than a couple of hours.
The "Swift Boaters" must have been right about Kerry.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn212/SoonerCruiser_photos/Political/091113_480_zps9befda2c.gif

8timechamps
9/11/2013, 06:59 PM

Still, must say many cheerleaders of W's clusterf*ck have suddenly found that limited government applies only if you have a D next to your name.

Well, the one thing I would say is that the "proof" shown at the time was far more compelling than the "proof" we've been given this time.

8timechamps
9/11/2013, 07:01 PM
What happened to Obama and Kerry the anti-war protesters?

Kerry is the one that I am really disappointed in.
He had scruples, even though I did not agree with them.
And, he is intelligent and experienced enough to keep Obama out of trouble!
NOW! He has sold out his scruples for "Whatever Obama says".
And, he can't even keep a consistent thought going for more than a couple of hours.
The "Swift Boaters" must have been right about Kerry.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn212/SoonerCruiser_photos/Political/091113_480_zps9befda2c.gif

Honestly, I think that comes with the role he's in. He's doing his job, it just happens to be a crummy one. While I never wanted Kerry as a president, I've always thought he was one of the good guys in Washington. I'm not counting this one against him, he's doing what he's told to do. He doesn't have much say in the matter.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/11/2013, 07:54 PM
There are 7.5 billion people in the world...why is it our 3% that always has to shoulder the load? Hell, we can't even defend our own borders.

And why in the world are we funding an Air Force when the invaders are swimming across!!!!

Blue
9/11/2013, 08:41 PM

Still, must say many cheerleaders of W's clusterf*ck have suddenly found that limited government applies only if you have a D next to your name. I don't care what they do, just quit waffling and getting owned by Russia.

soonercruiser
9/11/2013, 08:58 PM
Honestly, I think that comes with the role he's in. He's doing his job, it just happens to be a crummy one. While I never wanted Kerry as a president, I've always thought he was one of the good guys in Washington. I'm not counting this one against him, he's doing what he's told to do. He doesn't have much say in the matter.

Really??
A person with principles does not change them to fit the job he's doing at the time.
"Senator John Kerry" would never have thought about going to war over a politicians personal "Red Line"!

I feel the same way that some others do here on the way Collin Powell testified to Congress.

okie52
9/11/2013, 09:51 PM
And why in the world are we funding an Air Force when the invaders are swimming across!!!!

Obviously a poor allocation of resources....

Catapults, land mines, and crocodiles would be much more effective.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/11/2013, 10:20 PM
Catapults, land mines, and crocodiles.

If only Romney had run on catapults, land mines, and crocodiles ... he surely would have won.

FaninAma
9/11/2013, 10:35 PM
And they want taxpayer supported programs to subsidize this cheap labor so they continue to maximize profits so they can get higher stock prices so they can continue to increase the amount of income they receive(highest income gap since 1928 between the top 1% and other income groups) and so they can continue to profit from monstrous government deficits via administering the programs(i.e. JPM and the SNAP program).
http://washingtonexaminer.com/companies-lay-off-thousands-then-demand-immigration-reform-for-new-labor/article/2535595

okie52
9/11/2013, 10:58 PM
If only Romney had run on catapults, land mines, and crocodiles ... he surely would have won.

I agree...that self deportation was just too complicated for the illegals to understand.

Bourbon St Sooner
9/12/2013, 10:35 AM
The title of this forum should change to Wetback Fest since that's all the few people left here discuss anymore.

Getting back to the original topic, this whole thing would be funny if it weren't so sad. The POTUS is drawing red lines that he never intends to enforce. Then when tin pot dictator calls his bluff, he bows up with a lot of war talk. When the country isn't interested in going to war to save his manhood, he goes to kiss the ring of Putin to get him out of the hole he's digging. So he sets up a prime time address to tell the country that his balls are on the line and we need to bail him out, but then changes course and says Congress shouldn't authorize force because it will upset Daddy Putin.

It's just unfathomable to me that Putin is now dictating US foreign policy. Well, I guess we let the French drag us into a war in Libya so why not let Putin play us like a fiddle now.

rock on sooner
9/12/2013, 11:50 AM
Only if he'd put forth a solid plan..e.g. which way to point the catapults &
the anti-personnel mines, also, gators vs crocs and the proper feeding
process. Now, rilly, how would someone from Mass. know about gators
and crocs? Oh, senority program for catapult operation....:devilish::highly_amused:

REDREX
9/12/2013, 09:04 PM
Obama is an embarrassment

TAFBSooner
9/13/2013, 10:53 AM
Haha...Threadjack? Just a relevant statement as to anytime the US feels it needs to intervene in other countries security/affairs before it takes care of its own "security".

OK, instead of threadjack, would you agree to "Cato moment?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carthago_delenda_est

If you acknowledge that everything's connected, then there is no such thing as a threadjack. But we do all have interests that we append to whatever other topic is being discussed.

okie52
9/17/2013, 07:54 AM
Gee I certainly don't want to appear one dimensional....let me add that obama's energy policy sucks and is retarding our efforts to be energy independent and therefore obligating us to keep our noses in the middle east...