PDA

View Full Version : Mike Stoops

AzianSooner
9/9/2013, 10:28 PM
I am so glad that we have Mike Stoops back to OU staff. Judging from the last 2 games and what's going on with UTexass, it proves that Mike's worth every penny OU spent on him.

Soonerwake
9/9/2013, 10:31 PM
Agreed.

VA Sooner
9/9/2013, 10:51 PM
Glad to have him back on the staff and getting our defense back...

dennis580
9/10/2013, 07:15 PM
It somebody had said OU would only allow 7 points total in the first 2 games they would have been put in a mental institution. It was FAR more likely that the defense would have allow 70 points in the first 2 games then it was 7. The defense has been light years ahead of what anybody could have expected.

Hopefully Mike Stoops stays here, and eventually takes over for Bob.

Ruf/Nek7
9/10/2013, 09:04 PM
Everybody pay close attention to this. With recent recruiting success and the performance of the LBs, I am starting to trust Kish, little by little. Oh, and I love Mike being back. There is just more physicality.

sooneron
9/10/2013, 09:14 PM
I'll reserve judgment until we play a real offense. Sorry, we haven't to this point...

8timechamps
9/10/2013, 09:19 PM
I'll reserve judgment until we play a real offense. Sorry, we haven't to this point...

I appreciate Mike for everything he's done for our program, but I'm not ready to claim our defense is back. After the Texas game, we'll have played ND, TCU and the whorns...then we'll know what we have.

But, it does look good so far.

TXBOOMER
9/10/2013, 09:22 PM
I appreciate Mike for everything he's done for our program, but I'm not ready to claim our defense is back. After the Texas game, we'll have played ND, TCU and the whorns...then we'll know what we have.

This!

BoulderSooner79
9/10/2013, 09:28 PM

No we haven't, but I'm not sorry about it ;)

SoonerMarkVA
9/10/2013, 09:45 PM

But we have plenty of history for what we've looked like against poor offenses, and it's been a while since the D looked this fundamentally solid even against those. Overall, there's reason for optimism.

sooneron
9/10/2013, 09:47 PM
We have gone from cluelessly overmatched to rebuilding. I hope we're as good as some people bill us to be...

thecrimsoncrusader
9/11/2013, 07:08 AM

Instead of focusing on who OU has played, try focusing on the individual performance of the players and even how some of them did in the past against even lesser foes than LA-Monroe and WVU. Do that and you will clearly see there is an astronomical difference. Phillips is 100 times better than what Walker, McFarland and McGee were ever able to show in their entire careers. Gabe Lynn is massively improved. Eric Striker is Brandon Shelby is reincarnate. The linebackers are playing like they are pissed that they didn't play much last season. The team is tackling much better. The scheme is more versatile and causes a lot more confusion for opposing QBs and offensive coordinators. Sorry you can't see that.

blacktop
9/11/2013, 08:50 AM

Ditto!