PDA

View Full Version : Lane Johnson

SanJoaquinSooner
9/9/2013, 08:16 PM
looking good in the Philly - Wash game. Gotta admire anyone who can open up holes.

8timechamps
9/9/2013, 09:42 PM
He looks like he's a seasoned vet. Very impressive.

How about Chip Kelly's Oregon offense? Looks like it will work in the NFL, although the Eagles need more pieces if they want to be a contender.

VA Sooner
9/9/2013, 10:58 PM
He did a great job out there... working in our no-huddle offense did wonders for his draft stock and he's earned it tonight. Good job, Lane!

Tear Down This Wall
9/10/2013, 10:45 AM
It took Washington all of one halftime to adjust to it and shut the Eagles down the final 28:26 of the game.

Prediction: Eagles go 8-8 at best. Chip Kelly, fired and back in the NCAA within two seasons.

BoulderSooner79
9/10/2013, 11:13 AM
It took Washington all of one halftime to adjust to it and shut the Eagles down the final 28:26 of the game.

Prediction: Eagles go 8-8 at best. Chip Kelly, fired and back in the NCAA within two seasons.

Eagles 8-8 at best is not going very far out on a limb given how they finished last year. If Kelly can't adjust to NFL realities, I agree he won't last. He'll probably get Micheal Vick killed this season.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/10/2013, 11:33 AM
Not sure what became of his NCAA issues, but Chip Kelly may not be welcome back very soon.

badger
9/10/2013, 11:36 AM
Anybody else impressed with how the NFL scheduled opening week with all of these even handed matchups, with games coming down to final drives and final field goals?

With one exception, of course:
http://i40.tinypic.com/mvmhbo.jpg

Plan for fantasy football rest of season: Draft the defense of whoever Jax is playing!

cvsooner
9/10/2013, 12:13 PM
As (now) a Californian, I'm mostly bummed that the Chargers, up 28-7, lost. How does that happen?

badger
9/10/2013, 12:15 PM
As (now) a Californian, I'm mostly bummed that the Chargers, up 28-7, lost. How does that happen?

I seriously hope the NFL considers that a majority of its national audience does not stay up to watch football till past midnight on a weeknight for future MNF games, otherwise I would tell you exactly how that happens :)

soonerboomer93
9/10/2013, 01:48 PM
It's only an opening weekend thing that they have the mnf doubleheader.

Tear Down This Wall
9/20/2013, 12:16 PM
Did I say two years? Maybe Chip Kelly is gone after one season. Sweet of Andy Reid to show up in Philly and beat them by running the ball and playing good defense: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/09/andy-reid-beat-the-eagles-using-the-same-ways-that-got-him-fired-in-philly/

Got nothing personally against Philly. I just think Chip Kelly is a rubber dick fart. Will June Jones have enough room for him on his coaching staff at SMU for all of these "offensive geniuses"?

BoulderSooner79
9/20/2013, 12:37 PM
Did I say two years? Maybe Chip Kelly is gone after one season. Sweet of Andy Reid to show up in Philly and beat them by running the ball and playing good defense: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/09/andy-reid-beat-the-eagles-using-the-same-ways-that-got-him-fired-in-philly/

Got nothing personally against Philly. I just think Chip Kelly is a rubber dick fart. Will June Jones have enough room for him on his coaching staff at SMU for all of these "offensive geniuses"?

Does that rubber dick have plastic feathers?

I agree Kelly will be phail in philly, but I figure he'll get more than 1 year just because they were so bad last year. But who knows...

Tear Down This Wall
9/20/2013, 01:37 PM
Does that rubber dick have plastic feathers?

I agree Kelly will be phail in philly, but I figure he'll get more than 1 year just because they were so bad last year. But who knows...

Philly's stupid owner forgets that the NFL has already seen and dispatched of Jack Pardee and Jerry Glanville. So, the overblown spread offense has already failed in The League before.

Eagles had a ton of injuries last season. But, I guess in the "what have you done for me lately" world, you throw out your winningest coach ever and replace him with the college flavor of the month.

BTW, I'd feel differently if Philly had been relatively healthy in 2012 and gone 2-14. Another losing season in 2013, and I'd have cut Reid loose. Besides, what is Philadelphia in such a hurry for anyway...they've never won an Super Bowl. So, it's not like they have some sort of image to live up to like Dallas, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, and San Francisco.

Tear Down This Wall
9/20/2013, 01:38 PM
Also, note that the Chiefs only had two days to prepare for Chip Kelly's super duper college spread offense. Pretty...standard stuff, really, for the NFL.

Soonerjeepman
9/20/2013, 04:22 PM
unfortunately, I was happy for the Chiefs...couldn't believe the TO's..and NO FRICKIN TD's minus the interception, but Lane had his name mentioned..and not for good...lol.

JiuJitsuSooner
9/21/2013, 01:24 AM
I kinda laugh when people don't really don't read between the lines...

Eagles had over 400 yards offense , 261 rushing yards, 21 1st downs, and 5 turnovers

Clearly they arent polished and so they lost, but their "super dooper" offense doesn't suck.. **** happens sometimes

Soonerfossil
9/21/2013, 09:13 AM
I almost threw up in my mouth after Philly beat the Skins the first week. The sportscasters were all drooling over the Philly offense, asking, "Is there any defense in the NFL that can stop this Philly offense". This after only one stupid game against a very week opponent whose defense couldn't stop me in high heels (if the wife would let me wear them). They were almost ready to declare the Eagles as a Super Bowl participant. What the heck has happened to that 'SUPER OFFENSE' since then? Down the tubes!!!