PDA

View Full Version : Kendall Thompson

I Am Right
9/9/2013, 07:40 PM
Did Stoops say that Kendall would play this weekend or be ready to play this weekend. Also, Has Josh been moved from the booth to the field and Norvell will be calling plays?

8timechamps
9/9/2013, 07:42 PM
He said he was cleared to practice, and would be available this weekend if needed.

I haven't heard anything about Josh/Jay.

cvsooner
9/9/2013, 07:43 PM
Said he would back up Blake Bell. That's all he said.

BoulderSooner79
9/9/2013, 07:44 PM
Did Stoops say that Kendall would play this weekend or be ready to play this weekend. Also, Has Josh been moved from the booth to the field and Norvell will be calling plays?

Stoops just said Kendall is practicing as backup QB.

I saw the "Josh from the booth" misleading thread on landthieves where someone was just posting *their* wishful thinking.

Piware
9/9/2013, 07:56 PM
Before someone hits me with a flame thrower, let me say that I love Josh Heupel. He is an incredible qb coach and will always be one of my all time favorite Sooners. I fear he is not, however and OC at this level. I was really disappointed with the play calling last week.

En_Fuego
9/9/2013, 08:03 PM
Before someone hits me with a flame thrower, let me say that I love Josh Heupel. He is an incredible qb coach and will always be one of my all time favorite Sooners. I fear he is not, however and OC at this level. I was really disappointed with the play calling last week.

Same here. Left me with a bad Kevin Wilson reoccurring nightmare. Im a Heupel fan, but he leaves me scratching my head sometimes.

En_Fuego
9/9/2013, 08:09 PM
I hope he runs like his Daddy !

nLr9_WMQClo

Soonerwake
9/9/2013, 09:05 PM
That last run against the pokes was right in front of me. My girlfriend at the time was a trainer for OSU and I was sitting in her seats on the first row wearing my OU shirt.. I was not a popular man that day. One of their players even hollered up a me as I cheered loudly and all I did was point to the scoreboard..

What a memory.... And yes, CT was fast!!!

8timechamps
9/9/2013, 09:40 PM

I think he's done well since taking over as OC, I have no problems with him at all. That said, Saturday may have been his worst game. He even admitted during the post game press conference that it got "difficult" during the third quarter.

We still won, so I'm not worried that it's a trend, and everyone's entitled to a bad day on the job. But, I think everyone was kinda scratching their head at some of the play calls Saturday.

olevetonahill
9/9/2013, 09:44 PM
I think he's done well since taking over as OC, I have no problems with him at all. That said, Saturday may have been his worst game. He even admitted during the post game press conference that it got "difficult" during the third quarter.

We still won, so I'm not worried that it's a trend, and everyone's entitled to a bad day on the job. But, I think everyone was kinda scratching their head at some of the play calls Saturday.

In the 3rd do you think he knew TK was banged up and was just trying to find some easy plays that wernt to hard on him?

8timechamps
9/9/2013, 09:50 PM
In the 3rd do you think he knew TK was banged up and was just trying to find some easy plays that wernt to hard on him?

Possibly. The series in the redzone, where we had just run for two pretty big gains, and TK threw his first interception, that's the one that I scratched my head. Not sure what the thought process was there.

I do think TK's injury had more to do with things than we know.

The coaches are all saying that they just felt it was time to make a change, but I kind of question that. I think it had more to do with TK's injury, and not feeling comfortable running what they really wanted to run.

I'm sure we'll see a better game from Heupel this week. The one thing that Bell does bring, that TK did not, is experience. He hasn't run the offense for a whole game, but he's seen plenty of time on the big stage, so nerves/jitterness shouldn't be an issue.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/10/2013, 09:22 AM
Possibly. The series in the redzone, where we had just run for two pretty big gains, and TK threw his first interception, that's the one that I scratched my head. Not sure what the thought process was there.

I do think TK's injury had more to do with things than we know.

The coaches are all saying that they just felt it was time to make a change, but I kind of question that. I think it had more to do with TK's injury, and not feeling comfortable running what they really wanted to run.

I'm sure we'll see a better game from Heupel this week. The one thing that Bell does bring, that TK did not, is experience. He hasn't run the offense for a whole game, but he's seen plenty of time on the big stage, so nerves/jitterness shouldn't be an issue.

Yeah, one big thing that I think Blake Bell will be able to do this weekend (and beyond) is hit the basic passes on a consistent basis and be more on target when doing so. Just that aspect alone would do huge wonders for the Sooner offense.

Even when Knight was 9 of 15 against WVU in the first half, it didn't really feel like it because even most of the completions were tougher than needed catches by the Sooner receivers. If Bell can hit those basic passes, OU's run game has the potential to go ballistic, but the Notre Dame defensive front will be the real test.

Even though Notre Dame didn't look tough on defense against Michigan, it will still be the best defensive front that Oklahoma faces in the regular season. If OU can run on those guys, they are going to run all over Big 12 teams, which will keep their offenses off of the field.

sooneron
9/10/2013, 09:32 AM
Same here. Left me with a bad Kevin Wilson reoccurring nightmare. Im a Heupel fan, but he leaves me scratching my head sometimes.

Yeah, just like Kevin Wilson, except for prolific scoring offense and whatnot...

And to everyone else, it's KENDAL Thompson. He could be our starting QB before the year is up, get his name right.

Soonerjeepman
9/10/2013, 10:31 AM
awesome video...man those were the days!!!! lol

cvsooner
9/10/2013, 12:36 PM
The one thing that Bell does bring, that TK did not, is experience. He hasn't run the offense for a whole game, but he's seen plenty of time on the big stage, so nerves/jitterness shouldn't be an issue.

He also brings plenty of nerve--he was always brought in when we needed a first down or a score. He also brings size; what Knight has in speed, Bell brings size and strength. If he can turn the corner he's like Millard, banging into LBs or DBs. Of course, with the situation as it stands now, he may be told to avoid that. Especially against Tulsa. Tulsa just looked awful in its first game but did come from behind to win the second, which admittedly was against a horrible opponent in Colorado State.

I dunno. This may work out really well for everybody. Knight gets a chance to gain some perspective; he's been benched not because of his performance but due to injury; Bell gets a chance to win the job outright on the field as opposed to practice. Here's hoping.

SoonerMarkVA
9/10/2013, 12:44 PM
The other thing about Bell, I think clearly over TK, is he's going to be able to handle, and even dole out some of his own, punishment. Sure, accidents happen to the toughest of us, but Bell is closer to Millard than he is your standard QB. So, if you want the QB run game (and I think/hope they do) Bell should give you a tougher option. He may not be as fast as TK, but he's less likely to get hurt.

That said, I just want to see Bell make good throws. A decent pass game, and this offense could take off.