PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Obama will launch a strike on Syria?

8timechamps
9/9/2013, 07:07 PM
Given the information we have now (and by "we", I mean what's available in the public), do you think Obama will order a strike?

I'm not asking if you agree, just if you think it will happen.

okie52
9/9/2013, 07:14 PM
Sounds like the Russkies are going to save Obama's ***.

olevetonahill
9/9/2013, 07:15 PM
No way, He aint got the Balls or the Stupidity to go against the country Or the Congress.

Breadburner
9/9/2013, 07:36 PM
Its to late....**** it.....!!!

Flying Scotsman
9/9/2013, 08:04 PM
Ain't going to happen now....Agree with above comment...Russia will bail him out....He still goes "lame duck" no matter what the outcome...

REDREX
9/9/2013, 09:07 PM
When was the last time a President looked this weak ?

okie52
9/9/2013, 09:24 PM
Carter comes to mind.

olevetonahill
9/9/2013, 09:32 PM
Carter comes to mind.

Yup.

8timechamps
9/9/2013, 10:34 PM
The Russians are pushing hard, so we'll see. However, I think he's too far into this, and has enough "yes men" around him stroking his decision making, that he ends up doing something.

I will most definitely be tuning in tomorrow night to hear what he has to say. It should be entertaining.

Curly Bill
9/9/2013, 11:12 PM
The Carter comparison is of course spot-on!

ouwasp
9/9/2013, 11:15 PM
No, I don't think he'll do it now. But I sure don't trust the %^&* Russians at all in this deal. Or, put it this way- I trust Putin about like I trust his client Assad.

8timechamps
9/10/2013, 05:06 PM
No, I don't think he'll do it now. But I sure don't trust the %^&* Russians at all in this deal. Or, put it this way- I trust Putin about like I trust his client Assad.

That's the real issue with all of this new "Russia's deal" talk. I heard today that France sent a proposal (regarding the international community taking control of the chemical weapons), and Russia already turned it down. The only thing I see is Russia trying to keep their client in a position to continue to purchase from them. Anyone that thinks Russia is trying to "do the right thing" is nuts.

I suspect Obama will tell the nation that he is in a "wait and see" mode, but he'll add that "The United States won't wait very long".

In the end, I think Russia buys time for Assad, but I'm still not sure if it will be enough for Obama to back down. He's buried himself pretty deep into this, and Kerry has been his mouthpiece...I can't imagine this administration doing nothing now, they think they can "save face" if they could just launch an "unbelievably small" strike.

okie52
9/10/2013, 06:19 PM
Putin do the right thing? Heh...as long as its in his best interest (that doesn't necessarily what's best for Russia). This trust the russkies to check for WMDs is a joke.

But whether Assad has them or not I am not for US intervention.

soonercruiser
9/11/2013, 09:13 PM
Carter comes to mind.

I think that Carter will actually end up looking better than Obama.
Carter actually got a Nobel Peace Prize for doing "something" positive.

The first black President....what a opportunity wasted.

Skysooner
9/12/2013, 09:29 AM
I think that Carter will actually end up looking better than Obama.
Carter actually got a Nobel Peace Prize for doing "something" positive.

The first black President....what a opportunity wasted.

I actually would have had more "respect" for him if he had just done it. Still I do not think we need to be over there. My taste for intervention in that part of the world is over.

soonercruiser
9/13/2013, 09:30 PM
I actually would have had more "respect" for him if he had just done it. Still I do not think we need to be over there. My taste for intervention in that part of the world is over.

Agree.

TAFBSooner
9/16/2013, 08:25 AM

Although I respect the office, I don't agree with a president that defies the Constitution by taking the US to war without a declaration of war by Congress.

And "war" means "war," no matter how unbelievably small it might start.

SoonerorLater
9/16/2013, 08:35 AM
No, probably not since it looks like he has a way out without losing face. If that falls through you can bet they will bomb Syria if he thinks he will lose political points. As with all of these guys it's not a matter of right or wrong, it's just a political calculation.

soonercruiser
9/16/2013, 02:44 PM
Looks like Putin will make sure Obama doesn't get himself in trouble....
Some cartoons are just waaaayyyyy too true!

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn212/SoonerCruiser_photos/Political/091613_480_zps05bc5f51.gif

8timechamps
9/19/2013, 05:32 PM
Anyone hear Kerry's speech today? Seems that the UN report backs the claim that Assad's troops ordered the attack. I was one of the people still unconvinced of that issue. Anyway, sounded like a prelude to another military strike run-up.

I'm still fully against it, but I think this issue is about to become front page again.

olevetonahill
9/19/2013, 06:08 PM
Let the Dune Coons kill each other. Obammy is Putins Prison bitch.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/19/2013, 07:12 PM
The Carter comparison is of course spot-on!Carter couldn't pull the race card to shut up his opposition.

soonercruiser
9/19/2013, 07:13 PM
2 days left on John Kerry's "deadline" (the signed deal with Russia) to report all Syrian chemical weapons to the UN!