PDA

View Full Version : OSU Apologizes to Other Big 12 Schools

Piware
9/9/2013, 06:22 PM
What do you mean "we" Holder - you got a mouse in your pocket?

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/okla-st-ad-apologizes-big-12-schools-20206542

budbarrybob
9/9/2013, 06:26 PM
I'm a serious doubter on anything substantial happening, however this seems like this is getting some legs.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/9/2013, 06:28 PM
Tick tock, tick tock!

8timechamps
9/9/2013, 06:32 PM
I'm a serious doubter on anything substantial happening, however this seems like this is getting some legs.

When the AD comes out and warns of the impending information release, I think that's a pretty sure bet that this is real and has teeth.

My guess is that he's trying to get out in front and lessen the blow. Smart move, but I don't think it's going to help them much.

Too bad the NCAA can't slam Les Miles head in this thing.

olevetonahill
9/9/2013, 06:46 PM
When the AD comes out and warns of the impending information release, I think that's a pretty sure bet that this is real and has teeth.

My guess is that he's trying to get out in front and lessen the blow. Smart move, but I don't think it's going to help them much.

They maybe cant nail hisass for any of this, But they can dayum sure Put LSU under the microscope.

Wishboned
9/9/2013, 06:47 PM

He's Teflon. Part of the deal he made with the devil.

8timechamps
9/9/2013, 06:49 PM
They maybe cant nail hisass for any of this, But they can dayum sure Put LSU under the microscope.

I hope they do, but it is the SEC.

He's Teflon. Part of the deal he made with the devil.

If anyone has, it's Miles. Or maybe Saban.

sooner46
9/9/2013, 06:49 PM
They will never stop this until they are actually able to punish the ones involved. The players, coaches, the boosters, etc. and I do mean even if they leave the school. I am tired of the players been punished for something they had nothing to do with. I do not like Penn State but what happened to the players was wrong. Right is right and wrong is wrong.

8timechamps
9/9/2013, 06:50 PM
Now that I think about it, didn't the NCAA recently put something in place to open up an option to punish coaches even if they're at another school?

Aries
9/9/2013, 06:56 PM
>>— Tutors and other school personnel completed school work for players and professors gave passing grades for little or no work.<<

Does anyone who recognizes the name Dexter Manley think this just started in 2001? :friendly_wink:

BoulderSooner79
9/9/2013, 07:37 PM
Now that I think about it, didn't the NCAA recently put something in place to open up an option to punish coaches even if they're at another school?

The "show cause" sanction is a pretty severe punishment on a coach. I think they put that one on Chip Kelly (not sure). If so, he better not bomb in the NFL before it times out.

I Am Right
9/9/2013, 07:42 PM
I thought Holder did a good job on the presser.

Soonerfan88
9/9/2013, 07:49 PM
>>— Tutors and other school personnel completed school work for players and professors gave passing grades for little or no work.<<

Does anyone who recognizes the name Dexter Manley think this just started in 2001? :friendly_wink:

And let's not forget that 4.0 academic superstar Kendall Hunter who scored a 9 on the Wonderlic.

Flying Scotsman
9/9/2013, 07:49 PM
When they fire Mack, I don't think Texas will want any part Lester...

rock on sooner
9/9/2013, 08:32 PM

Look at the stuff that has already happened at LSU...Miles suspends
a kid for a half or a game....Crap attracts crap and it is self sustaining..
OkieSt is gonna hurt big time...guessin, mind you, given what the AD
is already tryin to spin. I'm firmly convinced that a HC knows if there
is a bounty program on his staff, so I think that Miles is in quicksand...
and this assistant at WVU may get show cause forever....

Jack T.
9/9/2013, 08:38 PM
I hope they do, but it is the SEC.

If anyone has, it's Miles. Or maybe Saban.[/COLOR]

Or Pete Carroll.

opksooner
9/9/2013, 08:57 PM
This is why penalties should follow the coach (IF JUDGED GUILTY) not just against the perp school. How many times have we seen a coach guilty of violations during his tenure "tuck and run", leaving the school holding the bag.

SicEmBaylor
9/9/2013, 09:06 PM
On behalf of Baylor, I am deeply hurt and unsure as to whether I am either prepared or ready to accept their apology.

bluedogok
9/9/2013, 09:31 PM
This is why penalties should follow the coach (IF JUDGED GUILTY) not just against the perp school. How many times have we seen a coach guilty of violations during his tenure "tuck and run", leaving the school holding the bag.
Didn't some of the sanctions from his time at OU follow Sampson to Indiana?

8timechamps
9/9/2013, 09:38 PM
The "show cause" sanction is a pretty severe punishment on a coach. I think they put that one on Chip Kelly (not sure). If so, he better not bomb in the NFL before it times out.

That's what I was thinking about. Maybe we'll get to see it in action with Lester.

badger
9/10/2013, 08:03 AM
Now is the hour, boyce and goylz. Check SI.com often (they said 8 a.m. Oklahoma time) for the first posting on OSU Dirty Program features :stunned:

EDIT: READ IT! IT'S UP NOW! (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130910/oklahoma-state-part-1-money/?sct=hp_t1t_a1&eref=sihp)

badger
9/10/2013, 08:12 AM
heh:

In 2006 an internal investigation at Oklahoma revealed that Sooners quarterback Rhett Bomar and offensive lineman J.D. Quinn worked a few hours a week at a car dealership but filed padded time sheets and collected thousands of dollars in unearned income. The players were dismissed from the team in a scandal that rocked Norman. But the Sooners' violations paled next to the bogus jobs 83 miles away, in Stillwater.

SoonerInFortSmith
9/10/2013, 08:15 AM
Listening on the radio to some of the info that came out today. Osu is f'd in the a!

badger
9/10/2013, 08:19 AM
OSU made the SI cover again, I guess:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/dam/assets/130910084327-oklahoma-state-t1-with-tabs.jpg

boomersooner28
9/10/2013, 08:20 AM
Where is T. Boone now?!?!?!?1?1?

boomersooner28
9/10/2013, 08:21 AM
Holder and Gundy sure aren't denying anything....they are apologizing.

cherokeebrewer
9/10/2013, 08:25 AM
Wow...sleaze gonna hit the fan.

SoonerMarkVA
9/10/2013, 08:31 AM
"I can tell you this: We have always done things right," [Les Miles] said after LSU's game Saturday night in Baton Rouge, La.

ROTFLMAO! http://www.greatlakesfisherman.com/forums/images/smilies/rotflmao.gif

badger
9/10/2013, 08:31 AM
Where is T. Boone now?!?!?!?1?1?

He was actually not tied to any of the payments, according to the article. He'd probably find that kind of thing beneath him. However, he did fund the stadium construction project that provided no-show jobs to student athletes

Mjcpr
9/10/2013, 08:37 AM
What he ought to apologize for is those uniforms.

Jacie
9/10/2013, 08:38 AM
More to come . . . juicy tidbits for sure!

Monster Zero
9/10/2013, 08:48 AM
A guy like TBoone is way too smart to be handing out cash his own self or being involved in uh, other activities. <p>He would delegate those tasks to underlings.

jkjsooner
9/10/2013, 08:59 AM
Read that article and tell me that allowing players to sell autographs won't be abused by boosters.

Why go through the motions of having the players "work" bogus jobs when you can pay $5000 for an autograph and have that transaction sanctioned by the NCAA?

jkjsooner
9/10/2013, 09:08 AM
This doesn't look good for DeForest:

DeForest says he compensated players who worked at his house but always "paid them fair market value based on services rendered." (Oklahoma State's compliance office does not have a record of clearing a player to work for DeForest.)

sooneron
9/10/2013, 09:30 AM
Over on OP, the aggots are in full denial mode. It's like their AD hasn't apologized for what is about to come out.

dwarthog
9/10/2013, 09:31 AM
I'm having trouble getting my head wrapped around this one.

Some members of a hostess program used by the football coaching staff during the recruitment of players had sex with recruits.

Listening to the animal this am and they were saying both Miles and Gundy are being linked to this as having interviewed the ladies involved with this program.

Are they running brothel here? The cash handshakes etc., that could be viewed as helping a "starving" college kid out I suppose, but a "hostess" program? A whorehouse seems way over the top to me.

badger
9/10/2013, 09:33 AM
Over on OP, the aggots are in full denial mode. It's like their AD hasn't apologized for what is about to come out.

Just did a meltdown thread post in their dishonor in case people don't want to go over there themselves :stunned:

SoonerStormchaser
9/10/2013, 09:34 AM

If my favorite team was staring down at a possible NCAA death penalty, I would be too...

At least Bob had the balls to kick the guys off the team the moment he found out about their pay for no-work scam!

Soonerjeepman
9/10/2013, 10:06 AM

KS ring a bell?

bluedogok
9/10/2013, 10:46 PM
A guy like TBoone is way too smart to be handing out cash his own self or being involved in uh, other activities. <p>He would delegate those tasks to underlings.
Former Gov. Bill Clements and chairman of the board of governors of SMU found that out the hard way.

swardboy
9/11/2013, 07:36 AM
Holder now says his "apology" only concerned the barrage of negativity soon to come, it was not an admission of guilt. Tatum Bell, Okung, and other alumni have strongly denied being offered any money. The main thrust is that only lower level, disgruntled players have made these admissions of receiving pay. Is this much adieu about nothing?