PDA

View Full Version : Trevor Knight out for Tulsa with strained knee ligaments

colleyvillesooner
9/8/2013, 10:53 PM
@CareyWWLS: Sources tell http://t.co/n4DxeJWe4l QB Trevor Knight will miss OU's game with Tulsa due to sprained knee ligaments.

olevetonahill
9/8/2013, 10:58 PM
Guess this will satisfy those yelling for BB to start.

yermom
9/8/2013, 10:59 PM
i was wondering when something more official might go out on that

i guess that's why he was handing off to the RB to run right into the line last night

Curly Bill
9/8/2013, 11:02 PM
You've got quite the little man crush on TK dontcha? LOL

Judge Smails
9/8/2013, 11:05 PM
Well, that settles that.

Let's ring the Bell.

TrophyCollector
9/8/2013, 11:13 PM
Hmm, who will the backup be for Tulsa? Hope we don't need one, but we seem screwed if we do.

Soonerfan88
9/8/2013, 11:22 PM
KT has been cleared and will be the back-up.

olevetonahill
9/8/2013, 11:32 PM

Where you here this?

OU_Sooners75
9/8/2013, 11:36 PM

KT hasn't been cleared yet. Rumor is that he won't be cleared until the bye week. But they may try to get him cleared sooner.

So far it's Bell and then Cody Thomas will be the back up.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/8/2013, 11:48 PM
KT has been cleared and will be the back-up.Yeah, if KT starts against Tulsa, Bell might not take it so well.

EatLeadCommie
9/9/2013, 12:03 AM
How can KT be back? Didn't he break a bone?

BoulderSooner79
9/9/2013, 12:07 AM
Not surprised - TK was in serious discomfort after that hit near the goal line. As Stoops as said himself, if you have a running QB, you better have more than one.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/9/2013, 01:13 AM
Well, at least officially, Stoops can keep the TK is his starter message going for a little bit longer now he has an out...

colleyvillesooner
9/9/2013, 02:09 AM
How can KT be back? Didn't he break a bone?

Yes but the original time out was 4-6 weeks I believe.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/9/2013, 05:59 AM
Guess this will satisfy those yelling for BB to start.

Yeah, because people who wanted Blake Bell to start from the very beginning really wanted to see Trevor get injured for that to happen. *sigh*

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/9/2013, 06:05 AM
Yeah, because people who wanted Blake Bell to start from the very beginning really wanted to see Trevor get injured for that to happen. *sigh*

You are full of ****! I never wanted TK to get injured. And I have been very vocal about Bell needing to be the starter.

Ruf/Nek7
9/9/2013, 06:16 AM
You are full of ****! I never wanted TK to get injured. And I have been very vocal about Bell needing to be the starter.
Sarcasm. That is sarcasm

cherokeebrewer
9/9/2013, 06:18 AM
Amazing how fast depth can disappear...

yermom
9/9/2013, 06:49 AM
You've got quite the little man crush on TK dontcha? LOL

me?

i mean like right before he was pulled, when it looked like he should have been keeping it...

thecrimsoncrusader
9/9/2013, 07:03 AM

I didn't think I needed an emoticon for that one, but I guess I was wrong and I thought the *sigh* would do the trick. :friendly_wink: I was being extremely sarcastic. I also wanted Bell to start going into the season and see what he could do and then IF he didn't get the job done, THEN give the young guy a shot.

Knight's completion percentage at the prep level had me concerned from the very beginning and I also felt OU would suffer less growing pains with Bell due to being in the system 3+ years and not only playing in live games, but in big games and also making big plays in those games. Knight also showed an over-eagerness in the spring game before settling down as witnessed by his fumble returned for a TD from the snap along with two near picks to Trey Franks. He just needed and needs more time in OU's system.

Bell proved to make big plays as a backup the past two seasons, now we have to see if Bell can make the simple plays as the starter. All OU needs this season thanks to the defense, special teams and running game is the infamous "game manager" that can at least hit the most basic of passes on a consistent basis. IF Bell can do that, OU is the best team in the Big 12, since it will be the only one to be able to control the clock and to be able to play defense worth a damn.

olevetonahill
9/9/2013, 07:35 AM

Your ****ing stupid ,if you got THAT from my post.
Moran.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/9/2013, 07:38 AM
Your ****ing stupid ,if you got THAT from my post.
Moran.

That's what you meant, so deal with it.

olevetonahill
9/9/2013, 07:54 AM
That's what you meant, so deal with it.

http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/fuk2.jpg

BoulderSooner79
9/9/2013, 09:50 AM
We need a sarcasm meter repairman around here, STAT!

badger
9/9/2013, 10:23 AM
If this (http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=106181&SPID=13139&DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=204976154) is still akrut, expect something either way soon.

SoonerKnight
9/9/2013, 10:27 AM

I'm a confused. They block words such as ****, ****, and *******. But they allow the finger icon thingy. By the way all those words could be used to describe some posters on here that act like trolls. Isn't that right Crimsoncrusader!!!

badger
9/9/2013, 10:28 AM
Just confirmed. Stoops said BB is starting and Kendall is practicing as his backup

"(Knight) in all likelihood is going to be out one week for sure, maybe two weeks," Stoops said during his Big 12 teleconference appearance.

"We'll start Blake Bell and Kendal Thompson will be practicing today as his backup."

Linky (http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/Blake_Bell_to_replace_injured_OU_quarterback_Trevo r/20130909_92_0_NRArvr97547?subj=298)

PrideMom
9/9/2013, 10:34 AM
Stoops said that Kendal had been tossing the ball, etc., but not in competition. Freshmen make mistakes. You have to live with that.

olevetonahill
9/9/2013, 10:50 AM
I'm a confused. They block words such as ****, ****, and *******. But they allow the finger icon thingy. By the way all those words could be used to describe some posters on here that act like trolls. Isn't that right Crimsoncrusader!!!

Heh. One of the Old mods used to do **** like this
Cept his used the F word
http://rlv.zcache.com/dont_make_me_pee_on_you_tshirt-p235567131986932725b2jnz_400.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
9/9/2013, 11:12 AM
I hope Thompson gets a quarter or 2 against Tulsa..

olevetonahill
9/9/2013, 11:14 AM

Me Also Bro

stoops the eternal pimp
9/9/2013, 11:16 AM
What's hilarious is that Bell will go in and play well against a Tulsa team that is horrendous this year and will say he should have been starter all along.

olevetonahill
9/9/2013, 11:18 AM
What's hilarious is that Bell will go in and play well against a Tulsa team that is horrendous this year and will say he should have been starter all along.

http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/yes.gif

cherokeebrewer
9/9/2013, 11:21 AM

I didn't realize Blake Bell was that kind of person...

PalmBeachSooner
9/9/2013, 11:38 AM
Heh. One of the Old mods used to do **** like this
Cept his used the F word
http://rlv.zcache.com/dont_make_me_pee_on_you_tshirt-p235567131986932725b2jnz_400.jpg

Ahh, the good ol' days. I miss them.

Soonerjeepman
9/9/2013, 11:45 AM
just a question....

This has been stoops' biggest complaints on running qb's...more chance to get hurt. Now that we have lost the #1 guy to this...will he pull back from running the qb, especially since we have a ton of RB's?

OU_Sooners75
9/9/2013, 11:52 AM
just a question....

This has been stoops' biggest complaints on running qb's...more chance to get hurt. Now that we have lost the #1 guy to this...will he pull back from running the qb, especially since we have a ton of RB's?

I don't think so. Stoops has been adamant about running the ball more. And they are starting to go after more running QBs.

I think Stoops is setting up for an option attack that can pass the ball to keep defenses honest. Ala Oregon.

I just dont think he has the right coordinator to plan and operate it!

Widescreen
9/9/2013, 12:11 PM
I really don't see that happening. We're down to Bell and Thompson and Thompson is coming off an injury. I really think they're going to ride Bell as far as they can and keep Thompson (hopefully) as healthy as he can be just in case.

Breadburner
9/9/2013, 12:13 PM
If Bell makes the throws.....He should continue to start.....

9/9/2013, 12:17 PM
"What's hilarious is that Bell will go in and play well against a Tulsa team that is horrendous this year and will say he should have been starter all along."-STEP

I didn't realize Blake Bell was that kind of person...haha. nicely done!

9/9/2013, 12:21 PM
I don't think so. Stoops has been adamant about running the ball more. And they are starting to go after more running QBs.

I think Stoops is setting up for an option attack that can pass the ball to keep defenses honest. Ala Oregon.

I just don't think he has the right coordinator to plan and operate it!hope you are correct on Stoops, and def. agree about the offensive coordinator.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/9/2013, 12:42 PM
Josh Heupel breaks out in hives every time we run the ball.

SouthFortySooner
9/9/2013, 03:18 PM

Watching game after game you hear the analyst say, "a running game sets up the pass". Consequently, I never question a pass after a good run or a series of good running plays. Plus its always speculation another run play would be successful. But, by the uproar on here some scream they 'know' what should have been called. Does it make the game more entertaining for them?

BoulderSooner79
9/9/2013, 03:21 PM
Watching game after game you hear the analyst say, "a running game sets up the pass". Consequently, I never question a pass after a good run or a series of good running plays. Plus its always speculation another run play would be successful. But, by the uproar on here some scream they 'know' what should have been called. Does it make the game more entertaining for them?

I think you're onto something!

rock on sooner
9/9/2013, 03:21 PM

Prolly a bunch of blisters now with over 600 yds in two weeks...

cherokeebrewer
9/9/2013, 04:49 PM

If you're referring to that pass on 1st & goal at the six, Bob Stoops did not seemed entertained on his replay show.

Curly Bill
9/9/2013, 04:50 PM
me?

i mean like right before he was pulled, when it looked like he should have been keeping it...

No, not you, it's Vet that has the man crush on TK.

soonerloyal
9/9/2013, 06:09 PM

NON-CHICK FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pop:

olevetonahill
9/9/2013, 06:54 PM
No, not you, it's Vet that has the man crush on TK.

Nice to see you aint sobered up yet, Good Jorb.