PDA

View Full Version : Another Manziel?

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/8/2013, 08:56 AM
Did anyone else hear the idiot announcers say that the coaches thought that TK was another Manziel?

I'm not talking about the ********* side of JFF. But, the playing style.

I totally don't see it if they did. This is not a knock on TK. JFF is 100% instinctual. He does what he does and no coach can change it. Same with Vince Winderlick. TK is trying to run the offense.

But, my number one concern when TK was announced as the starter was can he execute the passing offense? And it appears my concerns have merit.

cherokeebrewer
9/8/2013, 09:43 AM
The 2nd coming of JFF has been postponed until further notice.

Therealsouthsider
9/8/2013, 09:51 AM
"But, my number one concern when TK was announced as the starter was can he execute the passing offense? And it appears my concerns have merit."

...I have the same concerns with Bell, nothing I've seen makes me overly impressed with either one

ss

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/8/2013, 10:10 AM
Bell hasn't been given the chance yet. When he came in the coaches were just going to run it out regardless of who was at the helm.

I also think that the coaches are definitely run first this season. Not a sling it all over mentality.

JiminyChristmas
9/8/2013, 10:39 AM
TK has the tools to be a really good QB. He's just not quite ready yet. There is no shame in that for a young guy learning to play the position at this level. The hype that began during the Cotton Bowl prep with TK impersonating Manziel may have been overblown because the defense was so bad at that point in time. I don't mean that as a knock, just pointing out that it may not have been too hard to look like an all world guy with the state of the defense.

Bell hasn't had the opportunity yet to show what he will do with the full offense at his disposal and it looks like it is time to give him a chance to find out. One thing he definitely has is some successful game experience in high pressure situations. That is invaluable.

To me, it looks like the cycle is trending down for QBs across all of college football. There are still some good ones, but not as many. Look how many young and rookie QBs have been highly successful in the NFL the last few years. All time rookie records for QBs have fallen like flies. Crazy how good that crop of QBs has been this early. No way that level of play in college, then pro could continue every year. The Sooners are seeing it up close and personal.

The coaches constantly preach the idea of QBs limiting the big mistakes. Right now, with the running game and defense going like they are, thats all our QB needs to do while he is settling in. The passing game will improve, hopefully sooner rather than later.

UteSooner
9/8/2013, 10:49 AM
I was going to say that I didn't remember ol' Johnny Hancock starting off last year looking so super...But I looked at last year's stats and they were pretty good from the start. Even the Florida game wasn't bad.

bluedogok
9/8/2013, 02:41 PM
I still think Knight was limited in both running and passing after that hit on the leg, at this point he has to have the threat of the run like Bell had. If he is not capable of running he is limited and that hurts his passing and he does not need to be in there.