PDA

View Full Version : I hope and Pray

olevetonahill
9/8/2013, 01:46 AM
Bob dont bend to the Fans WILL and start BB. Hes a great Kid and has done a Lot for this Program But come on the Kid just aint got it !

He's been here 3 years and They decided TK was better? Come on think about it, What does that Tell you?
I've posted his stats so ya should be able to figure it out .TK is OUR future. If Kendal doesn't return .

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/8/2013, 02:04 AM
Our offense was SO effed up on all kinds of levels, I don't know what could help it. I'm still not at all impressed with our play calling, and whose ever decision it is to play Clay over Finch, Ford and Ross.

EatLeadCommie
9/8/2013, 02:05 AM
If TK is our future, we are not in the best position. He had 7 quarters to show himself.

9/8/2013, 02:18 AM
I think I WANT Bell to start against Tulsa, and to pass quite a bit, to see if he can succeed in that part of the game.

PhilTLL
9/8/2013, 02:30 AM
If TK is our future, we are not in the best position. He had 7 quarters to show himself.

Six. Nonetheless...

Jason White's first seven (real) quarters:

(1-3) 38 net rushing yards on 12 attempts, 16/23 (good) for 108 yards (bad, but 0 INTs) in a nailbiter that was quite literally won by the defense.
(4-7) 117 on 12 attempts, 18/29 for 151, 2 INTs (and 4 TDs) in a fits-and-starts eventual blowout of a low-caliber opponent.

Granted, TK didn't exactly debut against Texas, and WV probably isn't even as good as 2001 Kansas. (OTOH he also has a relatively less-developed unit around him.) But can we please stop crapping the bed for a minute? We all got so spoiled from Sam Bradford and apparently so forgetful about Landry's debut year that we've lost perspective on QB development at the moment.

Flagstaffsooner
9/8/2013, 02:31 AM
Sober up Vet.

8timechamps
9/8/2013, 03:55 AM
Our offense was SO effed up on all kinds of levels, I don't know what could help it. I'm still not at all impressed with our play calling, and whose ever decision it is to play Clay over Finch, Ford and Ross.

I still don't understand your issue with Clay, but he ran his *** off tonight, for close to 200 yards. Not sure what else you want from the guy.

SoonerLB
9/8/2013, 04:24 AM
I still don't understand your issue with Clay, but he ran his *** off tonight, for close to 200 yards. Not sure what else you want from the guy.

BINGO! I agree 8time, he had a hell of a game!

stoopified
9/8/2013, 05:52 AM
If TK is our future, we are not in the best position. He had 7 quarters to show himself. I thik Bell deserbes at least ONE stsrt to see IF he can get the job done.

MsProudSooner
9/8/2013, 07:37 AM
Six. Nonetheless...

Jason White's first seven (real) quarters:

(1-3) 38 net rushing yards on 12 attempts, 16/23 (good) for 108 yards (bad, but 0 INTs) in a nailbiter that was quite literally won by the defense.
(4-7) 117 on 12 attempts, 18/29 for 151, 2 INTs (and 4 TDs) in a fits-and-starts eventual blowout of a low-caliber opponent.

Granted, TK didn't exactly debut against Texas, and WV probably isn't even as good as 2001 Kansas. (OTOH he also has a relatively less-developed unit around him.) But can we please stop crapping the bed for a minute? We all got so spoiled from Sam Bradford and apparently so forgetful about Landry's debut year that we've lost perspective on QB development at the moment.

Sooner fans have never been good at perspective and have very short memories. Sam spoiled us rotten.

kevpks
9/8/2013, 07:44 AM

I would say our offense is "effed up" on one level: the passing game. I'll take rushing for 300 yards a game. You can develop a QB a hell of a lot easier than you can develop an entire running game. The protection is fine and the passes are there. Bell, Knight, or whoever just needs to deliver the ball.

dwarthog
9/8/2013, 08:17 AM
If we truly do have a legit defense and the coaches really believe the young man, TK, has all the tools to be a good one, then giving him some more game snaps would seem to be in the teams long term best interest before throwing in the towel.

tulsaoilerfan
9/8/2013, 08:21 AM
I think at this point you almost have to give Bell a start to see what he can do

achiro
9/8/2013, 08:26 AM
I don't know who the starter should or will be, I figure the coaches will make that decision, but to say BB doesn't have it based on the plays he's run so far is just stupid.

SoonerMarkVA
9/8/2013, 08:34 AM
I think at this point you almost have to give Bell a start to see what he can do

+1. If the competition over the off season was so close that they came down to the last week to decide, then yeah, see if Bell is a gamer, or if his maturity is enough to keep his performance as steady under the lights as it is in practice.

I think this also opens the door for KT to get back. Really a shame he had the injury and the timing. Looks like he might have come out of the off season with the job otherwise.

cleller
9/8/2013, 08:42 AM
If he does start BB I think it will only be because Bob thinks that's the most sure way of winning the game.

Knight may have the ability, but he's got to find a way to be the man during a game. I'm NOT comparing him to Chris Sims, but that was a situation where a kid allegedly had loads of promise, but it never showed up on gameday. Don't want Knight to suffer a similar fate.

MyT Oklahoma
9/8/2013, 08:48 AM
I don't know who the starter should or will be, I figure the coaches will make that decision, but to say BB doesn't have it based on the plays he's run so far is just stupid.

Ditto. And I hope our coaching staff figures it all out some time this week.

Ruf/Nek7
9/8/2013, 08:53 AM
How much longer is KT out? I feel like he was going to win the QB race until he was injured. Surely he can throw better than TK.

Breadburner
9/8/2013, 08:56 AM
Some just dont have it in game situations......They cant translate what they do in practice to the field on gameday....Bell deserves the next start.....

AzianSooner
9/8/2013, 10:07 AM
If it is my decision, I will stick with TK and make him great. This decision will help him to get more confidence together with more experience and preparation.

jk the sooner fan
9/8/2013, 10:15 AM
how do we know Bell doesnt "have what it takes"

when have they allowed him to run the full playbook with the 1's? all he's ever done is run the bell dozer and come in on mop up duty with the 2's and 3's

cherokeebrewer
9/8/2013, 10:28 AM

when have they allowed him to run the full playbook with the 1's? all he's ever done is run the bell dozer and come in on mop up duty with the 2's and 3's

This

9/8/2013, 12:57 PM

when have they allowed him to run the full playbook with the 1's? all he's ever done is run the bell dozer and come in on mop up duty with the 2's and 3'sseems right. Try him out.

rock on sooner
9/8/2013, 01:04 PM
Only real issue I see is that TK's self confidence will go into
the toilet if he's not starting against Tulsa. I think...let him
start against Tulsa and see, very early in the game, if he's
"got it" or not. If not, bring in Bell and don't look back.....

AzianSooner
9/8/2013, 01:15 PM
next time, Trevor will play like the Russians matched to Berlin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myOGE9S36WM

Curly Bill
9/8/2013, 01:44 PM
Only real issue I see is that TK's self confidence will go into
the toilet if he's not starting against Tulsa. I think...let him
start against Tulsa and see, very early in the game, if he's
"got it" or not. If not, bring in Bell and don't look back.....

If he plays like he played last night the worst thing we could do for his confidence is continue starting him! LOL

FaninAma
9/8/2013, 02:01 PM

We haven't but apparently that doesn't prevent some fans from throwing him under the bus. If Manziel had come here while LJ was playing he would have never seen the field last year, either.

cherokeebrewer
9/8/2013, 02:02 PM
Off the subject, but the Texas Tech starting QB Baker Mayfield looks very good early. He's a walk on true freshman. How'd that happen?

yermom
9/8/2013, 02:03 PM
it sounds like TK was hurt, and he's getting checked out today, so there are a lot of variables now about next week

Curly Bill
9/8/2013, 02:08 PM
Off the subject, but the Texas Tech starting QB Baker Mayfield looks very good early. He's a walk on true freshman. How'd that happen?

For one thing their coaches aren't afraid to let him throw. We stacked the deck against our guys by severely limiting them. Then again, maybe our guys are so terrible we had to do that??? Either way, not good.

bluedogok
9/8/2013, 03:07 PM
The older starter (Michael Brewer) went out with an injury during the summer and they have played SMU and I-AA Stephen F. Austin, both ULM and WVU are better than those two. I also think Tech has a better o-line at this point in the season.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/8/2013, 03:17 PM
That Ben Roethlisberger just ain't got it. Tennessee totally shut him out until the last minute of the game.

They oughta start Landry next week.

cleller
9/8/2013, 03:29 PM
That Ben Roethlisberger just ain't got it. Tennessee totally shut him out until the last minute of the game.

They oughta start Landry next week.

Ben will make up for lost ground in the club tonight.

9/8/2013, 04:24 PM
If he plays like he played last night the worst thing we could do for his confidence is continue starting him! LOLsoitanly! AK would question what kind of knuckleheads are running the show.

ouwasp
9/8/2013, 04:33 PM
To me, all that matters is winning- NOW. Call me short-sighted, but I'm not worried about 2014, 2015, etc. Which QB gives us the best chance to win next week? And at ND? vs Tex?

Just win, Baby.