PDA

View Full Version : Millard

soonercastor
9/7/2013, 11:05 PM
Had only one carry tonight. Why isn't he getting more carries? We need him more for his blocking skills?

Dude had amazing blocks all night.

cleller
9/7/2013, 11:11 PM
"Its Millard Time"

Why doesn't this catch on?

Boomer.....
9/8/2013, 10:38 AM
Who knows what goes through Heupel 's mind. His play calling is pitiful at best.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/8/2013, 10:55 AM
When they were in the 2 tight end formation with Millard on the right side the middle of the field was WIDE open for a seam route by him. There is no way the coaches can miss that.

Therealsouthsider
9/8/2013, 11:13 AM
...we are saving the tight end for a rainy day :hopelessness:

ss

JiminyChristmas
9/8/2013, 11:20 AM
When they were in the 2 tight end formation with Millard on the right side the middle of the field was WIDE open for a seam route by him. There is no way the coaches can miss that.

Shhh...dont tell ND. There are plays we haven't seen in the game yet. Every year we break some wrinkle out for Texas. This year it will be for ND.

By the way, I think you will see the Belldozer formation for the first time in South Bend.

Curly Bill
9/8/2013, 02:24 PM
Shhh...dont tell ND. There are plays we haven't seen in the game yet. Every year we break some wrinkle out for Texas. This year it will be for ND.

By the way, I think you will see the Belldozer formation for the first time in South Bend.

Any chance we break out a play where we complete a pass downfield to a receiver?

yankee
9/8/2013, 07:01 PM
People have been demanding Millard get the ball more ever since he started playing. It hasn't happened and I don't expect it to. Dude is gonna go on to do some pretty badass things in the NFL and everyone else is going to wonder where the heck did this kid from and why did he only have 30 carries and 15 catches a season?

I was never able to understand Kevin Wilson's brain wholly and I sure as hell don't know what Heupel is doing.

OU_Sooners75
9/8/2013, 07:17 PM
Had only one carry tonight. Why isn't he getting more carries? We need him more for his blocking skills?

Dude had amazing blocks all night.

The offense doesn't need him to be carrying the ball more. The offense needs him to be doing what he does best, destroying would be tacklers as leading the way for the RBs.

He isn't a tailback. So he shouldn't be utilized as one.

That said, he caught the only TD last night, as well as ran it once.

BoulderSooner79
9/8/2013, 07:21 PM
I don't see Millard getting a lot of carries in the NFL either. But I'll bet he catches more passes and strikes fear in unfortunate DBs that have to tackle him.

soonercastor
9/8/2013, 07:24 PM
The offense doesn't need him to be carrying the ball more. The offense needs him to be doing what he does best, destroying would be tacklers as leading the way for the RBs.

I remember a certain 3rd and 1 that he would have certainly converted.

CatfishSooner
9/8/2013, 07:29 PM
Millard is a beast; I also have no idea why he doesn't get more touches?

bluedogok
9/8/2013, 07:36 PM
I don't see Millard getting a lot of carries in the NFL either. But I'll bet he catches more passes and strikes fear in unfortunate DBs that have to tackle him.
It depends on what team gets him, for most teams he would be more of an H-Back instead of a fullback.

OU_Sooners75
9/8/2013, 07:43 PM

How do u know it would have been certain? No play is certain to work.

cleller
9/8/2013, 07:47 PM
No doubt they have certain things in mind for ND, and a bye week to practice. You've got to expect Millard to be involved. Just hope they have the QB situation tamed down some.

BoulderSooner79
9/8/2013, 09:58 PM
It depends on what team gets him, for most teams he would be more of an H-Back instead of a fullback.

Exactly what I was thinkin'

OU_Sooners75
9/8/2013, 10:01 PM

That 3rd and 1 had him in the game in an offset I.

He got his block. The problem with that play wasnt the ball carrier, but the OL allowed too much penetration.

SoonerKnight
9/9/2013, 12:26 AM
Any chance we break out a play where we complete a pass downfield to a receiver?

Never happy. LJ did that for four years!! LOL!

EatLeadCommie
9/9/2013, 12:31 AM
He doesn't get more touches because we have Williams, Finch, and Clay. All those guys are better runners. Agree that he should get more touches, but even down at the goalline when you might want to do a FB dive, he is probably more valuable doing some blocking for one of those three.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/9/2013, 07:28 AM
I am still waiting on JD Runnells to get his 4th career carry.

Rogue
9/9/2013, 08:42 PM
TM is a beast!

KantoSooner
9/10/2013, 09:16 AM
No doubt they have certain things in mind for ND, and a bye week to practice. You've got to expect Millard to be involved. Just hope they have the QB situation tamed down some.

Install the wishbone with KT pulling the trigger and Millard at FB.

A man can dream, can't he?