PDA

View Full Version : Sad Mack gonna be gone!!!

SoonerKnight
9/7/2013, 10:41 PM
Crap now they gonna hire a good coach!!!

tulsaoilerfan
9/7/2013, 10:42 PM
Maybe they will hire Heupel lol

SicEmBaylor
9/7/2013, 10:45 PM
I don't know that Dodds has it in him to fire Mack. Beyond that, I'm not real confident that Dodds would make an outstanding hire. He's the type that would hire based on who schmoozes with the donors and alumni the best.

SoonerKnight
9/7/2013, 10:51 PM
History of Texas!!

SoonerOX
9/7/2013, 10:52 PM
is sucking

Mac94
9/7/2013, 10:52 PM
Baylor's offense should destroy this Texas defense. This is amazing to watch.

SicEmBaylor
9/7/2013, 10:55 PM
Baylor's offense should destroy this Texas defense. This is amazing to watch.

The sharks smell the blood in the water.

bluedogok
9/7/2013, 11:09 PM
I don't know that Dodds has it in him to fire Mack. Beyond that, I'm not real confident that Dodds would make an outstanding hire. He's the type that would hire based on who schmoozes with the donors and alumni the best.
McCombs and Jamail make those decisions.

AzianSooner
9/7/2013, 11:13 PM
I truly hope Mack will be kept at texas as long as possible. This seems to be a duration for OU to catch up with the total number of wins/loss against texas.

Why ends the honeymoon so soon?

SoonerKnight
9/7/2013, 11:14 PM
Either way Brown gone and then we face competition!!!

SoonerKnight
9/7/2013, 11:15 PM
I truly hope Mack will be kept at texas as long as possible. This seems to be a duration for OU to catch up with the total number of wins/loss against texas.

Why ends the honeymoon so soon?

Cuz we an't making that decision! LOL!

8timechamps
9/7/2013, 11:16 PM
Keep your fingers crossed that Texas wins all but a couple of conference games (obviously, we don't want them to win in the RRR), then maybe they'll finish with 8 or 9 wins, and he can ride that wave another year or three.

Curly Bill
9/7/2013, 11:18 PM
Man...I hope they keep Mack, but if not maybe they can hire Venables?!?! LOL

BigJerm7
9/7/2013, 11:20 PM
and they approved a contract extension to 2020 lol....

bluedogok
9/7/2013, 11:23 PM
and they approved a contract extension to 2020 lol....
We all know how much that means, if McCombs and Jamail want Mack gone, he is gone.

BigJerm7
9/7/2013, 11:26 PM
I know. It's just funny.

Sabanball
9/7/2013, 11:30 PM
550 yards rushing allowed is inexcusable.

bluedogok
9/7/2013, 11:30 PM
I know. It's just funny.
That just means Red and Joe get to write bigger checks if they decide to fire Mack.

Sabanball
9/7/2013, 11:32 PM
Crap now they gonna hire a good coach!!!

I hear that Nick Saban will be in the state next Friday...:)

lexsooner
9/7/2013, 11:34 PM
Why is it when UT loses, their biggest message boards like hornfans and shaggybevo crash? It's so much fun reading the posts. I'm watching the horn network and their panel of experts were pretty honest about the game and one even made a comment about this being something to build upon, which is the comment of a loser. Now I'm watching the press conference and Diaz looks like he wants to snap someone's neck, and Applewhite looks completely drained. They need to cut in and show a past UT win, which is all they ever show on this dismal network - wins, never losses.

lexsooner
9/7/2013, 11:35 PM
Mack looks like he has been crying. Seriously.

BoulderSooner79
9/7/2013, 11:41 PM

Agreed. With their talent, should have held BYU to under 525.

SoonerKnight
9/7/2013, 11:55 PM
I hear that Nick Saban will be in the state next Friday...:)

You laugh but he is greedy and Texas is rich!!!

8timechamps
9/7/2013, 11:59 PM
But, but...this is the year Texas will be "back". Mack said so in the Texas football video. "all of the growing pains in the past few years have been leading up to this season!"

Widescreen
9/8/2013, 12:02 AM
Well, Texas is a young team - for the 4th straight year.

Eielson
9/8/2013, 12:08 AM
Well, at least if Mack is fired I can go back to cheering against Texas every week.

SoonerKnight
9/8/2013, 12:46 AM
Mack will be fired by Christmas!!!

CatfishSooner
9/8/2013, 12:50 AM
Pooooor Texassss

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/8/2013, 02:32 AM
I don't know that Dodds has it in him to fire Mack. Beyond that, I'm not real confident that Dodds would make an outstanding hire. He's the type that would hire based on who schmoozes with the donors and alumni the best.Dayum. Sure hope you're right. Since I've been paying attention to OU games(maybe 1954), the only REALLY GOOD coach the cows have had is Darrell Royal. Fred Akers was pretty good, but those 2 are about it.

9/8/2013, 02:35 AM
I hear that Nick Saban will be in the state next Friday...:)Good thing you, as a Bamerist, can smile at that event.

9/8/2013, 02:38 AM
Well, at least if Mack is fired I can go back to cheering against Texas every week.Back when domer had (so many) bad teams and bad coaches, I wanted them to win some. Not so much these days.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/8/2013, 05:28 AM
Mack will be there as long as Dodds is around...I am not betting on anything else but that. We'll see if Red and Joe have the clout to clear house...

perhaps this is why Dodds didn't want BYU in the new conference...besides their TV dealio...

stoopified
9/8/2013, 05:46 AM
Why ends the honeymoon so soon? Because all Mack does is lay there.

sendbaht
9/8/2013, 05:52 AM
But, but...this is the year Texas will be "back". Mack said so in the Texas football video. "all of the growing pains in the past few years have been leading up to this season!"

Yes this is true but this year is the first year with the hurry-up. It will take a couple years to it get it really going.:)) MB

SoonerKnight
9/8/2013, 12:15 PM
I know Dodds protects Mack. I think Mack is gone as coach by December. Dodds is retiring so there you go. If I was Texas I would offer Saban whatever he wants.

MyT Oklahoma
9/8/2013, 12:25 PM
I wonder if Jackson Jeffcoat has any regrets now. Ya' think? :lemo:

Jack T.
9/8/2013, 01:37 PM

Well, WVU hung 450 rushing on us last year :-(

soonergirlNeugene
9/8/2013, 02:19 PM
Only way Mack keeps his job is if he beats us and wins at least 10

Curly Bill
9/8/2013, 02:22 PM
I wonder if Jackson Jeffcoat has any regrets now. Ya' think? :lemo:

No, I totally doubt it. If he'd had any damn sense he'd never gone there in the first place.

bluedogok
9/8/2013, 02:31 PM
Dayum. Sure hope you're right. Since I've been paying attention to OU games(maybe 1954), the only REALLY GOOD coach the cows have had is Darrell Royal. Fred Akers was pretty good, but those 2 are about it.
Post-Royal, Akers was the best followed by Mack, Akers was fired because he wasn't Royal and didn't kiss the big donors rears as well as Royal. The problem Mack has is not hiring exceptional assistant coaches, that is critical when you are really a CEO coach. At Texas the head coach has to be more politician than coach, everything in Texas comes down to politics, that is why having great assistant coaches so critical. It still comes down to Red and Joe, if Dodds does retire then the question becomes how much influence Red/Joe will have on new AD.

soonerfan69
9/8/2013, 02:39 PM

Wouldn't that fall on the D coordinator's shoulders

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/8/2013, 02:59 PM
Well, WVU hung 450 rushing on us last year :-(

True, but we still won. Whorns got run outta town!

cburgsooner
9/8/2013, 03:32 PM
Reports are Daiz out as DC at Fexas

mhackl
9/8/2013, 03:40 PM
The only cure that I've found for my iindigestion from last nights game is reading shaggybevo today.

UteSooner
9/8/2013, 03:48 PM
I'd be shocked if Mack isn't done at year end, especially if they're a non-factor in the conference. This was the year they were supposed to be "back" and threaten for the Big 12 and BCS, etc. They won't come close. BYU is not good.

aurorasooner
9/8/2013, 04:05 PM
True, but we still won. Whorns got run outta town! Seems like there may be a correlation between weather delays and heavily favored teams getting "run outta town" by inferior competition. Do certain team's players get too hyped up by their coaches before a game and can't regain their ""edge after a long delay? Are certain coaches even aware of an event possibly delaying the start of game and do they take appropriate action to prevent a letdown?
I realize that the "weather delay" is the same for both teams, but does the winning team do something different in this locker room "down-time" that results in their success, or does the losing team's lack of preparation for such an event result in a loss?
I know we got hammered in Norman by Tech after a similar weather delay that the whorns experienced last night, and our D (like theirs last night) couldn't tackle or cover for &^$* that night.

Okie35
9/8/2013, 04:05 PM
So how bad is Greg Robinson

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/9/8/4706960/manny-diaz-texas-defensive-coordinator-fired

aurorasooner
9/8/2013, 04:27 PM

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/9/8/4706960/manny-diaz-texas-defensive-coordinator-fired I think Robinson was the whorn DC who flipped off the Sooner fans sitting behind the whorn bench. This could be an interesting RRR this year.
Of course, I would expect our fans sitting behind their bench this year to act appropriately. Most will probably just give him a pass for such a gesture (if he actually did it).

47straight
9/8/2013, 04:51 PM
UT is honoring the '63 team by firing minority coaches.

stoopified
9/10/2013, 03:21 PM
Because all Mack does is lay there.Upon reflection,I am forced to admit that my original statement is WRONG. Mack does not just lay there,he is in fact well known for giving his players THE CLAP.

9/10/2013, 03:59 PM
UT is honoring the '63 team by firing minority coaches.played like a Pro...(as in Progressive)

8timechamps
9/10/2013, 04:10 PM

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/9/8/4706960/manny-diaz-texas-defensive-coordinator-fired

He's bad.

But, he's got to be better for them than Diaz. I seriously think that guy didn't really understand how to scheme against any type of offense.

However, Robinson isn't going to suddenly make the Texas defense good. Their issues go much deeper than their defensive scheme. They have been a horrid tackling team for years, and it appears to have gotten worse. I'd be surprised if they didn't lose at least one more game before the RRR. There's a chance they could lose a couple more.

At this point, the Texas players don't believe they can win the RRR (and why would they), this will only add to that. I love it!