PDA

View Full Version : God Bless Mike Stoops...

Curly Bill
9/7/2013, 09:51 PM
...and the defense! Coming into the season I was pretty down on em, but so far, so very very good!

..and for the record: were Venables still here we woulda lost this game tonight!

MyT Oklahoma
9/7/2013, 09:56 PM
That was one butt ugly game. Glad I didn't invest $92 to sit through it instead of watching it at home.

D looked good most of the game. Our offense is cursed.

soonercastor
9/7/2013, 10:04 PM
If they didn't have grease on their hands on that one long TD run, we'd still have 0 points scored against us.

LakeRat
9/7/2013, 10:09 PM
Amen to this.

OU_Sooners75
9/7/2013, 10:11 PM
That was one butt ugly game. Glad I didn't invest $92 to sit through it instead of watching it at home.

D looked good most of the game. Our offense is cursed.

Our offense will be cursed as long as Heupel is the play caller and not norvell!

Widescreen
9/7/2013, 10:12 PM
I must have watched a different game. A lot of you seem to be talking about how awesome the defense was tonight. I thought they were fine. Not as good as last week. But our defense was the big time beneficiary of horrible passing and dropped passes. There were a bunch of times where they had guys wide open and either the QB short-armed it or the WR just dropped it for no apparent reason. To be clear, we did OK but it was far from awesome.

Curly Bill
9/7/2013, 10:13 PM
Our offense will be cursed as long as Heupel is the play caller and bit norvell!

I'm waaaaaay down on Heupel. He's rapidly becoming my new Venables!! ;)

SoonerKnight
...and the defense! Coming into the season I was pretty down on em, but so far, so very very good!

..and for the record: were Venables still here we woulda lost this game tonight!

Agreed! God damn it!!!

OU_Sooners75
I must have watched a different game. A lot of you seem to be talking about how awesome the defense was tonight. I thought they were fine. Not as good as last week. But our defense was the big time beneficiary of horrible passing and dropped passes. There were a bunch of times where they had guys wide open and either the QB short-armed it or the WR just dropped it for no apparent reason. To be clear, we did OK but it was far from awesome.

Same goes for our offense and knight.

We made WVU look better than they are.

I'm settling in for a long season. 8-5 type of season.

SoonerKnight
9/7/2013, 10:14 PM
I'm waaaaaay down on Heupel. He's rapidly becoming my new Venables!! ;)

Disagree the 2nd string an does not practice with the 1's and so he ran it for the win!

Curly Bill
9/7/2013, 10:14 PM

For many years all our defense has been the beneficiary of was getting its a** kicked. This year has been a positive development.

tulsaoilerfan
9/7/2013, 10:29 PM
Damn we struggled to beat a team that barely beat William and Mary last week; no way in hell we should be giddy

Curly Bill
9/7/2013, 10:32 PM
Damn we struggled to beat a team that barely beat William and Mary last week; no way in hell we should be giddy

Who's giddy? Just pointing out that we won, our defense has been better than expected, and if BV was still running the defense we'd be 1-1 right now instead of 2-0.

So come on now, that's cause for celebration! ;)

olevetonahill
9/7/2013, 10:34 PM
Who's giddy? Just pointing out that we won, our defense has been better than expected, and if BV was still running the defense we'd be 1-1 right now instead of 2-0.

I'm Drankin. hell we won so Im happy as a Pig eating ****!

SoonerKnight
9/7/2013, 10:34 PM

Except our team improves game to game! Tulsa next week and then a bye week!!!

SoonerKnight
9/7/2013, 10:35 PM
Just glad Saxet going to lose!!!

Since71ASooner4Life
9/7/2013, 10:36 PM

couldn't have said it better

SoonerKnight
9/7/2013, 10:36 PM
I'm Drankin. hell we won so Im happy as a Pig eating ****!

I'm very numb vision blurry and gidy that my vbookie account is gaining not losing ha!!

olevetonahill
9/7/2013, 10:38 PM
I'm very numb vision blurry and gidy that my vbookie account is gaining not losing ha!!

I dint gain much. That Missed FG hurt me a bunch

tulsaoilerfan
9/7/2013, 10:41 PM

If WVU had anything resembling a QB we would have lost tonight; I really can't believe Dana didn't make a switch

Widescreen
9/7/2013, 10:43 PM
If WVU had anything resembling a QB we would have lost tonight; I really can't believe Dana didn't make a switch

I think that just means that the 2nd string guy is horrible and he knows it.

Curly Bill
9/7/2013, 10:43 PM

I guess all their QB's suck too? But the fact is they didn't switch, and if BV was here they woulda beat us with the bum they trotted out there.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/7/2013, 11:01 PM

You didn't watch a different game, you must not have watched the game at all. The Sooner offense had 4 turnovers and the Sooner defense still took care of business. And Phillips absolutely smokes McFarland, Walker or McGee on their best days from the past. He absolutely annihlated a double team on more than one occasion tonight. Sans the one foul-up on the TD, this team is tackling so much better also.

Widescreen
9/7/2013, 11:03 PM
You didn't watch a different game, you must not have watched the game at all.
That makes no sense. LOL.

So your evaluation is that our defense was "awesome" tonight? OK.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/7/2013, 11:07 PM
That makes no sense. LOL.

So your evaluation is that our defense was "awesome" tonight? OK.

It makes perfect sense. You drank too much and thought you watched the OU/WVU game when in fact, you watched the 4th quarter of the OSU/UTSA game. That happens to me all of the time. It's all about the scoring defense. Always has been, always will be.

Widescreen
9/7/2013, 11:11 PM
It's all about the scoring defense. Always has been, always will be.

While I agree with that statement, if you didn't notice all the times that their QB or WR's had unforced errors, I don't know what to tell you. A reasonably accurate QB or quality receivers and we lose tonight.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/7/2013, 11:18 PM
A reasonably accurate QB or quality receivers and we lose tonight.

That's speculation.

Widescreen
9/7/2013, 11:40 PM
I guess you're new to message boards.

SoonerKnight
9/7/2013, 11:40 PM
While I agree with that statement, if you didn't notice all the times that their QB or WR's had unforced errors, I don't know what to tell you. A reasonably accurate QB or quality receivers and we lose tonight.

The fact is we play in the big 12 and this's hit is going to happen I'llmtake it and wait for a killer game next week!!

Curly Bill
9/7/2013, 11:42 PM
I guess you're new to message boards.

LOL...that right there is funny!

8timechamps
9/7/2013, 11:49 PM

When you go back and re-watch the game (if you do), watch how many of the poor passes from the WVU QB were because of pressure in his face. Sure, there were some passes that should have been caught and weren't, but that happens in every game. The defense didn't look as sharp as last week, but the opposition was also a level above ULM. Even though WVU doesn't have the same star power they had last year, it's still a Holgerson-spread-you-out offense, and they'll knock off a few conference teams this year. Their defense is much improved over last year.

Widescreen
9/7/2013, 11:51 PM
Oh, I agree our D is much improved over last year. I just felt like there was a little more luck (in our favor) tonight due to WVU's player ineptitude.

soonergirlNeugene
9/8/2013, 02:25 PM
I'm settling in for a long season. 8-5 type of season.

It's a credit to Stoops that our nightmare scenario is 8-5. Meanwhile in Texas...