PDA

View Full Version : Blake Bell must have been an extremely overrated recruit.

LakeRat
9/7/2013, 08:29 PM
At this point, we might as well get in the wishbone and bring barry down to the sidelines. Give it a week or two, and there will be 13 in the box.

Sabanball
9/7/2013, 09:42 PM
Watching this game, you would think two SEC teams suited up in OU and west virginny unis to play each other, and that two Big 12 teams sneaked into Williams/Brice Stadium earlier today in SC and played instead of the dawgs and the 'cocks. It's been a weird day in college football....

Curly Bill
9/7/2013, 09:46 PM
I don't think Bell was as overrated as Knight! haha

cburgsooner
9/7/2013, 09:50 PM
What did Bell do so well, hand the ball off?

Curly Bill
9/7/2013, 09:53 PM

Best thing I'd say about him tonight is he's not Trevor Knight.

JoeR
9/7/2013, 09:54 PM
Hell TK could have stayed in to hand the ball off. If your going to play Bell, find out what he can do. Obviously playing against the practice squad is not simulating game situations. Now I'm worried about Tulsa...Tulsa!

IronHorseSooner
9/7/2013, 09:57 PM
We should have had about 2 more TDs if we wouldn't have went away from, IDK, WHAT WAS WORKING! I am now convinced that, when he gets healthy, Thompson will probably start!

SoonerMarkVA
9/7/2013, 09:58 PM
I think they gotta give Bell Tulsa and let the chips fall where they may. Bell definitely didn't get a chance to show if he can handle the offense, but I don't see where Knight's done anything to justify keeping the job. All I know is, if we don't show we have someone who can throw the ball consistently, our offense is going to start getting shut down in a few weeks.

NorthernIowaSooner
9/7/2013, 10:00 PM
Hell TK could have stayed in to hand the ball off. If your going to play Bell, find out what he can do. Obviously playing against the practice squad is not simulating game situations. Now I'm worried about Tulsa...Tulsa!

The Tulsa that got whipped by Bowling Green and snuck past Colorado St. today by scoring 13 in the 4th quarter to win by three? I wouldn't worry too much about them this year.

SOONER44EVER
9/7/2013, 10:01 PM
Maybe they should get Landry Jones to teach these guys how to pass.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/7/2013, 10:02 PM

The entire tone of game changed when he stepped on the field! The offense regained a spring in their step! That is leadership!

cleller
9/7/2013, 10:06 PM
The entire tone of game changed when he stepped on the field! The offense regained a spring in their step! That is leadership!

Confidence is a powerful drug. It can be detected in the air; as can the lack of it.

BigJerm7
9/7/2013, 10:12 PM

Agreed.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/7/2013, 10:13 PM

That was my impression as well. The team just seemed to work a bit harder for him.

tulsaoilerfan
9/7/2013, 10:31 PM
That was my impression as well. The team just seemed to work a bit harder for him.

Not sure about that; all we did with him in was run the ball; at some point u have to be able to throw the damn ball

cleller
9/7/2013, 10:33 PM
On the bright side, that hotshot Edmond QB (Justice Hansen) may feel better about keeping his commit.

SoonerKnight
9/7/2013, 10:42 PM
Best thing I'd say about him tonight is he's not Trevor Knight.

Exactly! Ha!

SoonerKnight
9/7/2013, 10:44 PM
It is ok! Either Bell or Knight will start LOL!

SoonerKnight
9/7/2013, 10:45 PM
I think the team responds to Bell!!!!!

cburgsooner
9/7/2013, 10:47 PM
The game changed when Bell came in the game is BS. They ran the same plays and gained 20 yards and kicked a field goal.
The one pass he threw was not going for a TD like they said on TV. i would be for giving Bell a chance but he is no game changer.

SoonerKnight
9/7/2013, 10:48 PM
Except the team responds to Bell!!!

SoonerKnight
9/7/2013, 10:49 PM
Texas looks like they been smoking the weed!!

AzianSooner
9/7/2013, 10:49 PM
I still think Trevor Knight has more upside than Bell.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/7/2013, 10:51 PM
The game changed when Bell came in the game is BS. They ran the same plays and gained 20 yards and kicked a field goal.
The one pass he threw was not going for a TD like they said on TV. i would be for giving Bell a chance but he is no game changer.

I disagree. He changed a bunch of games last season. He changed tonight's, too. If TK stayed in we would have lost.

Curly Bill
9/7/2013, 10:51 PM

You'd have to think it, because unless you saw something I didn't you sure didn't see it.

SoonerOX
9/7/2013, 10:52 PM
I remember when this board was excited about bell's upside last year.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/7/2013, 10:52 PM
Texas looks like they been smoking the weed!!

Tru! BYU is TORCHING their defense on the ground.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/7/2013, 10:54 PM

All I saw was a deer caught in the headlights. He needs more time.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/7/2013, 10:57 PM
All I saw was a deer caught in the headlights. He needs more time.

He has time. Four years.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/7/2013, 10:58 PM
Maybe they should get Landry Jones to teach these guys how to pass.

And these guys could show him how not to be gutless. Good combo!

SoonerKnight
9/7/2013, 10:59 PM
No WVU was able to confuse him. Stoops will start him next week! He will have good game against Tulsa then we lose against Notre Dame because of stubbornness!!!!

Curly Bill
9/7/2013, 11:07 PM
And these guys could show him how not to be gutless. Good combo!

Bazinga!

AzianSooner
9/7/2013, 11:10 PM
I saw TK has a smoother, faster, and smarter runs than Bell. I saw both have the same throwing skill. TK threw some soft and low balls and that can change. Fob Bell, I did not see how he throw the ball so I can't say if it is better than Knight. Coaches need to train TK a little harder. He will be better in throwing by the bowl game.

In the mean time, we can run all over every team we'll play to the rest of this season.

bluedogok
9/7/2013, 11:14 PM
WVU figured out Knight was no threat to run after the hit in the legs.

BoulderSooner79
9/7/2013, 11:49 PM

That's what I saw too. The *crowd* came alive and then Bell ran a keeper for 9 yards. Something TK had done himself, and then it settled down to the exact same game. Since they didn't want Bell to pass, I assume the reason they pulled Knight was to save his psyche from more frustration.

BoulderSooner79
9/7/2013, 11:52 PM
WVU figured out Knight was no threat to run after the hit in the legs.

Agree with this too. This happened right before half and I thought Bell would started the 2nd half.

Soonerfossil
9/8/2013, 08:58 AM
Confidence is a powerful drug. It can be detected in the air; as can the lack of it.

Agree, and at the point he was pulled, TK looked to me like his confidence was totally gone.

AzianSooner
9/8/2013, 10:04 AM
Agree, and at the point he was pulled, TK looked to me like his confidence was totally gone.

I wonder what's going with OU training program for QB. It seems like the QB becoming a lesser confident qb after a few weeks of practices. Please play some psychology soviet boost into his mind. The QB needs both skill and boldness.

85Sooner
9/8/2013, 11:16 AM
Ahhhh remember the good old days....when we could run the ball so well that our leading TD rusher was a Back Up QB?
Remember the days that seem only a year ago when OU could actually pass the ball for 500 yards a game and still win by 1?
Remember the days when the Defense allowed 30-40 points a game?

and ALL that was with a 4th year former Heisman candidate QB...........

Chill out Everybody!

soonergirlNeugene
9/8/2013, 02:21 PM
Bell is a junior, surely someone has taught him how to throw by now.