Eielson
9/8/2013, 12:16 AM
He's a whorn. That won't change.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/8/2013, 01:41 AM
do tell...

birddog
3/14/2014, 03:12 AM
I don't have a problem with it. What bothers me more are the OU fans that like the Dallas cowboys. It's still in texass...

mojorisen2014
3/14/2014, 07:46 AM
I don't have a problem with it. What bothers me more are the OU fans that like the Dallas cowboys. It's still in texass...this is coming from a guy that likes soccer?

3/14/2014, 02:17 PM
Yeah, Dallas Cowboys are popular with lots of OU fans since it's the closest NFL team to OK. Also, in the early days of the franchise, there were some OU players on the team.(Jerry Tubbs, Rentzel, Neely). Besides, OU has always relied on TX for some of the players on its roster.

Seems that Durant still is openly an advocate for the whorns, and OPENLY ANTI OU. The Thunder should trade him even steven for LeBron.

yermom
3/14/2014, 03:11 PM
eff LeBron. seriously **** that guy.

would you expect a former Sooner player in Texas to all of a sudden stop hating Texas?

3/14/2014, 03:34 PM
eff LeBron. seriously **** that guy.

would you expect a former Sooner player in Texas to all of a sudden stop hating Texas?RU serious? Assuming you are, I will answer again, the same answer as before. He should just learn to STFU about the anti OU stuff. He is playing in the heart of OU fandom, so, he should at least be able to contain himself, to appease roughly half of the fandom of his own professional NFL team. Until he does learn to STFU, I would gladly see him leave.

yermom
3/14/2014, 07:47 PM
yeah, i'm sure we can find anyone to toss up 30pts every night and make a case for an MVP

it would be a pretty boring place if everyone liked the same team

3/15/2014, 01:03 AM
yeah, i'm sure we can find anyone to toss up 30pts every night and make a case for an MVP

it would be a pretty boring place if everyone liked the same teamSwap his bragadocious pro longwhorn, anti OU a#s out for LeBron.

birddog
4/17/2014, 10:39 PM
this is coming from a guy that likes soccer?

I dont see your point, at all.

8timechamps
4/20/2014, 09:27 PM
From an outside perspective (not living in the state), I haven't heard much anti-OU out of Durant. About the only thing I've heard is his occasional love of UT.

The fact that the Thunder exist in OKC coupled with the team being really good has been a nice benefit to sell to recruits. It's not going to make a kid pick OU, but it's nice to say "and the Thunder play just up the road". Durant, whether he'll admit it, or not, has kinda had a positive impact on OU.

Eielson
4/20/2014, 09:43 PM
I give Thunder fans crap for it all the time for it, but in the end, I don't really care that they like him. There are only two things that bother me.

1. Don't say KD is the greatest ever, or that he's better than Lebron. KD has been closing the gap faster than I anticipated, but Lebron is still the best player in the world. In a few years, KD will probably pass Lebron, but Thunder fans have been spewing this garbage for several years. Also, don't claim that Lebron isn't a winner. He's the defending back-to-back champ, and he's in great position for the three-peat. KD has never won...ANYWHERE. Texas did better when he left, and his scoring title to NBA championship ratio will always be embarrassing.

2. If you idolize KD, and hate Blake, you're wrong. WTF is wrong with you guys? So many Thunder fans hate Blake, and that's disturbing. You don't have to cheer for the Clippers to beat the Thunder, but don't hate on him as an individual player. It's also telling about whether or not you're a true basketball fan. It's hard for me to imagine somebody who has truly followed OU basketball not having a man-crush on him. He's the best basketball player to ever suit up for OU, and while I would gladly accept it, I don't know that it will ever change.

4/21/2014, 02:38 AM
I give Thunder fans crap for it all the time for it, but in the end, I don't really care that they like him.

If you idolize KD, and hate Blake, you're wrong. WTF is wrong with you guys? So many Thunder fans hate Blake, and that's disturbing. You don't have to cheer for the Clippers to beat the Thunder, but don't hate on him as an individual player. It's also telling about whether or not you're a true basketball fan. It's hard for me to imagine somebody who has truly followed OU basketball not having a man-crush on him. He's the best basketball player to ever suit up for OU, and while I would gladly accept it, I don't know that it will ever change.I always pull for the Clippers, simply because of Blake Griffin, and even when they play the Thunder. If I see or hear of any OKC fan badmouthing Blake Griffin, I would have to assume the OKC fan is also an orange aggy fan, and hates OU anyway.

I've always thought a pro team in the area tends to hurt the local colleges, rather than help them. That seems to be the case with OKC Thunder vs the Sooner basketball team, so I wish the Thunder was in Tulsa instead of OKC.

8timechamps
4/21/2014, 09:49 PM
I always pull for the Clippers, simply because of Blake Griffin, and even when they play the Thunder. If I see or hear of any OKC fan badmouthing Blake Griffin, I would have to assume the OKC fan is also an orange aggy fan, and hates OU anyway.

I've always thought a pro team in the area tends to hurt the local colleges, rather than help them. That seems to be the case with OKC Thunder vs the Sooner basketball team, so I wish the Thunder was in Tulsa instead of OKC.

I think there are folks out there that say that a pro team hurts the local team, but it certainly hasn't stopped Duke or UNC from being able to compete. Although, I could see an issue with attendance because of the Thunder playing in OKC on the same nights the Sooners are in Norman.

My thinking is more about football, and the benefit of telling a recruit "yeah, you can hop up the road and catch a Thunder game pretty easy". That's a positive. So, Durant is positively helping OU in football recruiting! Yay!

Eielson
4/21/2014, 10:13 PM
If I see or hear of any OKC fan badmouthing Blake Griffin, I would have to assume the OKC fan is also an orange aggy fan, and hates OU anyway.

That's the thing...they're not. They attend OU.

4/22/2014, 12:07 AM
That's the thing...they're not. They attend OU.Well then, they have some wires crossed, or otherwise not connected.

Eielson
4/22/2014, 02:56 PM
Well then, they have some wires crossed, or otherwise not connected.

My thoughts exactly. A disturbing amount have their wires crossed, though.

5/20/2014, 03:16 PM
Spurs find the Thunderwhorn a step slow, down in the Alamo City. Followed up with lightning for a big win in game one. Boomcows yell "whoa Nelly" to the stampeding Spurs, but it didn't work.

swardboy
5/28/2014, 01:42 PM
Series tied 2-2, and now it's back to San Antone. Did you hear the postgame interview with Poppavich? He points to Blevins for a question and Blevins mumbles out his name...Poppovich says "I can't understand you with all that food in your mouth." Blevins says "I didn't expect you to pick me so soon," and Poppovich interrupts and says, "Really, I couldn't understand you, your mouth was so full of food." Hilarious.