PDA

View Full Version : Visit to OKC via Phoenix

SanJoaquinSooner
9/7/2013, 12:00 PM
Attended by step-dad's funeral on Thursday. Flew from Sacramento to OKC with a stop in Phoenix. They delayed leaving Phoenix because the heat sensors on the airplane spazzed out. 110 degrees. So they had to do the maintenance check.

On the way home, landed in Phoenix after sundown and it was still 107 degrees. But flew onto Sacramento where is was a cool 63 degrees when we landed.

Not sure of the attraction of going to Phoenix, when I can simply stay at home and curl up in my oven on a low medium setting.

olevetonahill
9/7/2013, 12:04 PM
Sorry about your loss Bro. Ya shoulda stayed for the Game. I would have drove up and had a Beer with ya.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/7/2013, 12:18 PM
Sorry about your loss Bro. Ya shoulda stayed for the Game. I would have drove up and had a Beer with ya.

Thanks vet, he battled pancreatic cancer for 6 years - lived a lot longer than anyone thought he would.

I just flew in and out for the funeral -- too much going on with kids and work to stay, but one of these days ...

SanJoaquinSooner
9/7/2013, 01:12 PM
Vet, I think you would have really liked my step dad. He dropped out of high school, lied about his age to join the air force.

Worked most of his life as a pure commissioned salesman - selling nuts, bolts, fasteners, etc to auto shops, hardware stores, oilfield sites, etc. He knew how to talk about whiskey, pussie, and football with his customers.