PDA

View Full Version : Checking out FS1 College Football show...

DrZaius
9/7/2013, 10:07 AM
Though I am not a big fan of anything on FOX I decided to tune in this morning to see what is up since we have several games on the FOX's again this year. Holy **** Erin Andrews sucks balls. She is horrible with no personality what so ever. Though I have always wished nothing but bad things for anything FOX does I actually feel sorry for their bad choice. That show needs recast with some actual talent other than peep hole entertainment.

auto
9/7/2013, 10:36 AM
Shut your whore mouth

DrZaius
9/7/2013, 10:41 AM
Shut your whore mouth

That is exactly what she should do....hahahahahaha

olevetonahill
9/7/2013, 10:43 AM
That is exactly what she should do....hahahahahaha

Wrong Camel breath, She should be Opening it to receive Deep.

aurorasooner
9/7/2013, 11:10 AM
Fox wanted to make a big splash by getting one of the ESPiN Game Day personalities so they probably threw a bunch of $$$$$ at her. Probably part of the negotiations were that she was supposed to be the lead.
I like Joel Klatt, and he should probably be their main PbP guy in the booth of their main game, but since Fox decided to put him in their CFB show, imo he should be the lead since he knows CFB, has a good personality, and communicates well. She should be a 2nd with limited input (pronounced--keep your mouth shut) but with plenty of screen shots for the eye candy.
As far as those other guys, they're not bad, but not very good either. imho.
There's just not any "personality chemistry" in this show. However, I don't know what GameDay is going to do when Corso decides to hang it up, because that crazy old fart does make the show a success, and w/o him, that show wouldn't have any "personality chemistry" either.

badger
9/7/2013, 11:32 AM
I think they should hire OU's own Whitney Hand instead :)

AzianSooner
9/7/2013, 12:02 PM
I would volunteer my own.

DrZaius
9/7/2013, 12:07 PM
However, I don't know what GameDay is going to do when Corso decides to hang it up, because that crazy old fart does make the show a success, and w/o him, that show wouldn't have any "personality chemistry" either.

Two words....
David Pollack, He is already sitting in for Corso on some segments.

aurorasooner
9/7/2013, 12:22 PM
Two words....
David Pollack, He is already sitting in for Corso on some segments. LOL. Pollack can't hold Corso's jock.

If ESPiN had any stones they'd have Switzer there. I don't know why Fox hasn't already cast him for their studio show. Besides it would drive the whorn fans nutz. Hell, those guitar pickers would tune in, just to throw the hate.

DrZaius
9/7/2013, 12:41 PM
I would love to see Switzer there. I am gonna check out coaches cabana for tonight's game and see how he does.

soonergirlNeugene
9/7/2013, 01:21 PM
I really do hope FS1 does well. ESPN needs competition as badly as Texas needs excuses.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/7/2013, 01:35 PM
LOL. Pollack can't hold Corso's jock.

If ESPiN had any stones they'd have Switzer there. I don't know why Fox hasn't already cast him for their studio show. Besides it would drive the whorn fans nutz. Hell, those guitar pickers would tune in, just to throw the hate.Excellence in Posting!

9/7/2013, 01:37 PM
Clarissa? the blonde who was on Sports Nation for a while is a fine addition to Foxsports1. She's got it all.

badger
9/9/2013, 01:23 PM
SI did a weekend football roundup and said ESPN's College Gameday morning show averaged more than 2 million viewers, whereas FS1's morning show had about 100K.

As much as people say they hate ESPN, it's hard to compare a program that has a live college audience with their attempts-to-be-clever signage in the background, as opposed to a few talking heads sitting in a studio. Yawn.

FS1 needs to get on campuses, not just for soundbites, but for live TV with dumb fans trying their darndest to get noticed by TV cameras.

9/9/2013, 02:43 PM
Hey, they just started. It's good to have another sports alternative, for when poker or soccer or car racing come on ESPeNis

badger
9/9/2013, 02:55 PM
Hey, they just started. It's good to have another sports alternative, for when poker or soccer or car racing come on ESPeNis

I get that, but they have put a huge investment in their college football coverage and are getting abysmal returns so far.

9/9/2013, 03:01 PM
I get that, but they have put a huge investment in their college football coverage and are getting abysmal returns so far.I'm not arguing with you here. Just saying they only started a couple or so weeks ago. If they want to compete, they'll figure some things out, or fail. I personally like the maligned Erin Andrews, and Clarissa Thompson(?) is both beautiful and dam* good at her jorb. FWIW

cvsooner
9/9/2013, 03:20 PM
SI did a weekend football roundup and said ESPN's College Gameday morning show averaged more than 2 million viewers, whereas FS1's morning show had about 100K.

As much as people say they hate ESPN, it's hard to compare a program that has a live college audience with their attempts-to-be-clever signage in the background, as opposed to a few talking heads sitting in a studio. Yawn.

FS1 needs to get on campuses, not just for soundbites, but for live TV with dumb fans trying their darndest to get noticed by TV cameras.

Fox Sports--all of it--has always done everything on the cheap. They never have enough cameras at a game, their talent -- if you can call it that --is mostly second rate. They have splurged a little on the NFL 'casts, but their college coverage is awful. I hate watching a game on anything connected to Fox. As much as I'm not a fan of ESPN/ABC, they are way better at it than Fox.

aurorasooner
9/9/2013, 03:38 PM

FS1 needs to get on campuses, not just for soundbites, but for live TV with dumb fans trying their darndest to get noticed by TV cameras.[
Agreed.

They need to go "all in", but I doubt if they'll do it. Lowes would be perfect, because they could counter the HD on GameDay, but Lowes is cheap.
You can see it on their website when they don't even have an html alternative to flash to read their ad, and when you go into one of their stores it's hard to find someone checking much less someone in a certain department who actually knows their inventory or even what you're talking about.
Hell, if they were to even try to build a GameDay type set, they would probably have a dozen campers on the back of pickups, fans instead of AC in plus 100 degree weather in Sept, open pit fires instead of portable heaters and shovels instead of snow-blowers in Nov/Dec. and Erin Andrews begging to go to the bathroom in some fans RV because their port-a-potties were backed-up. (think Sandra Bullock in that movie with Hugh Jackman (sp-?) where she's stuck on a grid locked highway with the runs and has to take care of business in someone's RV)
Then they would send some con-artist local contractor out to fix the problem, and instead of fixing it, they would try and screw them with some not-needed ridiculous upgrades which would cost thousands of bucks on something that should have been a couple of hundred dollar fix.