PDA

View Full Version : Oh Gawd, is this a crying OSU fan?

cleller
9/6/2013, 01:49 PM
Was just listening to the Tulsa Animal when OSU Justin calls in. This guy can talk forever trying get one point across. In about 1000 words he said the OU won't win the Big 12 without better passing. Next, another 1000 words about OSU, Walsh and something about his kid and wrastling.

Then, he gets around to Tommy Morrison, Jay Okla, his cousins in Neb, watching the Foreman fight at OSU, and various Morrison talk. Sounded like he was just about to choke up, when Al and Pat finally ushered him out.

If you stop by here Justin, it's just tough love. Its Al and Pat's show.

badger
9/6/2013, 01:55 PM
OSU has already won the Big 12 by virtue of beating an SEC team on the road.*

*Texas 2012 Big 12 champions for beating Ole Miss

thecrimsoncrusader
9/6/2013, 01:58 PM
Was just listening to the Tulsa Animal when OSU Justin calls in. This guy can talk forever trying get one point across. In about 1000 words he said the OU won't win the Big 12 without better passing. Next, another 1000 words about OSU, Walsh and something about his kid and wrastling.

Then, he gets around to Tommy Morrison, Jay Okla, his cousins in Neb, watching the Foreman fight at OSU, and various Morrison talk. Sounded like he was just about to choke up, when Al and Pat finally ushered him out.

If you stop by here Justin, it's just tough love. Its Al and Pat's show.

And OSU won't win the conference unless they find better backs than Jeremy Smith and Desmond Roland and get a better offensive coordinator and receivers coach. Al of these are significant steps downs from their predecessors.

BoulderSooner79
9/6/2013, 02:03 PM
Our sobbing, verbose friend is correct about OU needing a better passing than what was displayed against ULM. I have no doubt we'll see a better one as the season progresses.

cleller
9/6/2013, 02:06 PM
Our sobbing, verbose friend is correct about OU needing a better passing than what was displayed against ULM. I have no doubt we'll see a better one as the season progresses.

I almost allowed he was right on that point. The completion ave was what he pointed out. However, I think most fans will acknowledge that until Knight or whomever has a few games to judge by, making season-long predictions from a new QBs first game is nuts.

Part of his schtick was that Knight needs to throw to the TE more, until Pat mentioned we didn't really use a TE.

stoopified
9/6/2013, 05:24 PM
I agree that AK needs to improve as a passer and I do believe he will.I would add that IF his recievers had not dropped several passes ,he would have been over 50% instead of under 40%.Recievers need to pick up their game too.

Soonerwake
9/6/2013, 10:40 PM
That's a valid description of just about every OSU fan that calls in. This is our year, it's not fair that the goons get all the attention, everyone is out to get us, blah blah blah.....

Mazeppa
9/6/2013, 10:50 PM
I think Osu Justin works for his dad at a stone and rock co. in Tulsa. His “claim to fame” is calling local sports radio stations everyday and crowing about osu. On those rare occasion that osu beats OU he usually starts his rants with “ did I mention osu beat OU? ” and when osu loses he calls and hes's all down and just about ready to end it all. He has been doing this for years. He probably records these sesssion and plays them back at night so he can relive the glory of the day. Woo hoo! On to the next day : Hello Al, this is osu Justin bla bla bal.

Therealsouthsider
9/6/2013, 10:50 PM
...my god people! It was TKs first d@mn football game...grab some perspective

ss

redkid
9/7/2013, 02:24 AM
lets see, he threw for 3 TD's ,,if they would have been for 30+ yards on each one we wouldn't be having this discussion,yards don't mean crap,points on the board is the only thing that matters at the end of the day.

cleller
9/7/2013, 06:42 AM
I think Osu Justin works for his dad at a stone and rock co. in Tulsa. His “claim to fame” is calling local sports radio stations everyday and crowing about osu. On those rare occasion that osu beats OU he usually starts his rants with “ did I mention osu beat OU? ” and when osu loses he calls and hes's all down and just about ready to end it all. He has been doing this for years. He probably records these sesssion and plays them back at night so he can relive the glory of the day. Woo hoo! On to the next day : Hello Al, this is osu Justin bla bla bal.

I know I've heard him before. He seems to have the format of the show backwards. Believes Al and Pat run the show so idiots like him can have a forum to discuss whatever is on their mind, while the listeners out in radioland sit at his feet. Fails to realize the market is for listeners to hear Al and Pat address specifics a caller can bring up.

Just out of curiosity I did a search here:
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?103545-hey-oSu-Justin-person

Peeb
9/7/2013, 08:06 AM
That's a valid description of just about every OSU fan that calls in. This is our year, it's not fair that the goons get all the attention, everyone is out to get us, blah blah blah.....

I used to be jealous of the love the Sooners got in the polls and with the media, but honestly, the more success the Cowboys have achieved, the more love they've gotten. Funny, that. :D

Anybody who proclaims they know who is the best team in the league at this point is truly a homer for his/her beloved team. It's just too early to say. I'm pretty bullish on both OU and OSU, but there still a lot of questions for both teams to answer yet.