PDA

View Full Version : Seven!

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/6/2013, 06:02 AM
Peyton Manning threw 7 TD passes vs the Ravens on Thursday! Wow!

swardboy
9/6/2013, 07:26 AM
In watching a bit of the game it was obvious Welker is immediately his go-to man, but he spread it around. Ravens' defense ain't what it used to be though.

okiewaker
9/6/2013, 07:37 AM
NFL QB's are gonna start lining up for neck surgeries.

Ruf/Nek7
9/6/2013, 08:07 AM
And guess who left him on his bench??? THIS GUY!! SOB..i am in a keeper league and before we drafted he was my starting QB and then we did the draft and all of my keepers went to the bench. I am PISSED!!!

mojorisen2014
9/6/2013, 08:15 AM
Why did all your keepers go to the bench?

Ruf/Nek7
9/6/2013, 10:07 AM
Why did all your keepers go to the bench?

That is EXACTLY what i want to know. The league is through Yahoo so beware. It was my own fault for not checking but i am a coach and right now, time is limited. I should have been more attentive and not just assumed.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/6/2013, 10:26 AM
My magic number is also 7..I am in 7 FFLs and faced him in 0 of them last night and 0 of his receivers..thank the lord.

badger
9/6/2013, 10:29 AM
And guess who left him on his bench??? THIS GUY!! SOB..i am in a keeper league and before we drafted he was my starting QB and then we did the draft and all of my keepers went to the bench. I am PISSED!!!

You know, you really should have chosen Blaine Gabbert or Ryan Tannehill as your starter for your losing fantasy football league :P

Ruf/Nek7
9/6/2013, 10:32 AM
You know, you really should have chosen Blaine Gabbert or Ryan Tannehill as your starter for your losing fantasy football league :P

I did get Tebow, that has to count for something.

badger
9/6/2013, 10:43 AM
A losing fantasy league would actually be lots of fun --- pick the players you hate and laugh as they screw up. :) There of course would have to be auto-lose rules (i.e. playing players that are either not on rosters, injured or don't even enter the game for anything but special teams).

okiewaker
9/6/2013, 10:49 AM
I substituted Julius Thomas out and replaced him with Roddy White cause I aynt never heard of Julius Thomas till last night. J. Thomas probly had a career type game last night. Oh well

badger
9/6/2013, 10:52 AM
Should I start Green Bay defense (vs Niners) or NY Giants defense (vs Cowboys) this week. Both options are probably going to lead to negative numbers, but I'm going up against my husband, soooooo...

cvsooner
9/6/2013, 11:46 AM
I did get Tebow, that has to count for something.

Tebow has also thrown seven TD passes in the NFL. In 19 starts.

Manning did it in 24 completions. So every third completion or so was a TD. Man. Manning.

badger
9/6/2013, 11:50 AM
Tebow has also thrown seven TD passes in the NFL. In 19 starts.

Manning did it in 24 completions. So every third completion or so was a TD. Man. Manning.

Peyton Manning's return royally screwed Tebow's future NFL prospects over. Before Peyton's neck healed and declared himself the hottest free agent on the market, John Elway, VP of Bronconess, declared Tim Tebow would be the Denver starting quarterback going into the next season.

After all, Sir Teebz just led the Broncos to the second round of the playoffs, including that long bomb that sealed the OT victory at home over Pitt.

Then, Peyton had to go and sign with Denver, didn't he?

Then, he had to confirm once again Thursday night why Elway made the right choice, didn't he?

Florida-Tennessee hate extends beyond Spurier infamously stating that you can't spell Citrus (Bowl) without UT :P

cvsooner
9/6/2013, 01:05 PM
And all three--Fla, Tenn, and the Broncs--wear ORANGE. Even more reason to hate.

BoulderSooner79
9/6/2013, 01:49 PM
It took a moronic play by one of his LBs for Manning to get that 7th TD. If the LB finishes off his pick-six, the Ravens would have thrown in the towel and both teams would have just run the ball to kill the clock. I just cannot fathom why players drop the ball anywhere near the goal line while running for a score.

8timechamps
9/6/2013, 11:09 PM
I substituted Julius Thomas out and replaced him with Roddy White cause I aynt never heard of Julius Thomas till last night. J. Thomas probly had a career type game last night. Oh well

Nope, he's just now healthy enough to play.

It's not Welker that is Manning's "go to" guy, it's Julius Thomas. The kid (Thomas) has been here for a couple of years, and has always impressed in the pre-season and training camp, but was injured just before the season started. Now, he seems to have gotten over that hurdle, and as long as he stays healthy, he's going to be a big part of this Bronco offense.

If you have him, keep him. He's going to score points for you.

okiewaker
9/6/2013, 11:35 PM
Nope, he's just now healthy enough to play.
It's not Welker that is Manning's "go to" guy, it's Julius Thomas. The kid (Thomas) has been here for a couple of years, and has always impressed in the pre-season and training camp, but was injured just before the season started. Now, he seems to have gotten over that hurdle, and as long as he stays healthy, he's going to be a big part of this Bronco offense.

For whatever reason I thought Demyrius Thomas was their main receiver. Anyway,,,I will keep him in hopes he will be good. Thanks

BoulderSooner79
9/7/2013, 10:31 AM
For whatever reason I thought Demyrius Thomas was their main receiver. Anyway,,,I will keep him in hopes he will be good. Thanks

D. Thomas is the Broncs big play guy. J. Thomas is going to be Mannings' version of Gresham. Add in Welker for possession and the normally reliable Decker (who had a terrible game) and it adds up to a lot of yards and points for Manning.

JLEW1818
9/7/2013, 10:43 AM
My Ravens +7.5 was a good bet until the 3Q.

70sooner
9/7/2013, 11:39 AM
Peyton Manning's return royally screwed Tebow's future NFL prospects over. Before Peyton's neck healed and declared himself the hottest free agent on the market, John Elway, VP of Bronconess, declared Tim Tebow would be the Denver starting quarterback going into the next season.

After all, Sir Teebz just led the Broncos to the second round of the playoffs, including that long bomb that sealed the OT victory at home over Pitt.

Elway was never going too sit on his thumbs and leave Tebow as the main man and even said as much. and as a Donks fan, I knew that Tebow was never the answer as did anybody with any sense...

bluedogok
9/7/2013, 05:58 PM

Elway was never going too sit on his thumbs and leave Tebow as the main man and even said as much. and as a Donks fan, I knew that Tebow was never the answer as did anybody with any sense...
Anyone who didn't have a Tebowner knew that.