PDA

View Full Version : Tony Casillas says Boz a bigger jerk than Manziel

nighttrain12
9/5/2013, 08:39 PM
http://newsok.com/tony-casillas-brian-bosworth-was-a-bigger-jerk-than-johnny-manziel/article/3879698?custom_click=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Though Switzer sticks up for the Boz except for his Natl. Communists Against Athletes t-shirt.

8timechamps
9/5/2013, 08:48 PM
I believe Casillas.

I've said it before, but it's worth repeating, thank God there was no social media during Bozworth's time. He invented the "look at me" mentality.

olevetonahill
9/5/2013, 09:37 PM
I believe Casillas.

I've said it before, but it's worth repeating, thank God there was no social media during Bozworth's time. He invented the "look at me" mentality.

I dont ,TC never was a Big fan of the KING after his Playing days here. I dont remember what all was said and done but Him and Aikman hated Switzer when he was Coach of Dallas.

Maybe Im the only one who remembers that ****!

bluedogok
9/5/2013, 09:38 PM
There are plenty of stories about Casillas from his time at OU and Dallas, most are not complimentary.

olevetonahill
9/5/2013, 09:40 PM
There are plenty of stories about Casillas from his time at OU and Dallas, most are not complimentary.

Yup.

Curly Bill
9/5/2013, 09:41 PM
Yup, with all due respect Ima call Casillas an idiot on this one. No one is a bigger jerk than Little Johnny!

olevetonahill
9/5/2013, 09:42 PM
Yup, with all due respect Ima call Casillas an idiot on this one. No one is a bigger jerk than Little Johnny!

:cocksure:

8timechamps
9/5/2013, 09:46 PM
Boz, the guy that wore the infamous "NCAA" t-shirt, colored his mullet weekly, and referred to Minnesota as a "doormat" (before the game in 1985)...and nobody believes he was a jerk?

Boz is one of my favorite Sooners of all time, and to this day I still believe him to be the best college linebacker ever, but to think that he was a jerk isn't a stretch fellas.

Now, if there is a question as to whether or not he was a bigger jerk than Manzier, that I can understand.

olevetonahill
9/5/2013, 09:49 PM
Boz, the guy that wore the infamous "NCAA" t-shirt, colored his mullet weekly, and referred to Minnesota as a "doormat" (before the game in 1985)...and nobody believes he was a jerk?

Boz is one of my favorite Sooners of all time, and to this day I still believe him to be the best college linebacker ever, but to think that he was a jerk isn't a stretch fellas.

Now, if there is a question as to whether or not he was a bigger jerk than Manzier, that I can understand.

Dint say HE wasnt one, Said Casillas and Aikman wernt In the ****ing choir either tho. Johhny Halftime is a spoiled assed brat .

bluedogok
9/5/2013, 09:55 PM
"The Boz" was the on field persona, Brian off the field was nothing like his on field persona. I was around him some because I had some friends who were friends of his, he was never rude or obnoxious unlike quite a few players, in fact he was pretty danged quiet off the field. Casillas was a pompous jerk from the start and never changed when he was at Dallas. It seems to me that Casillas has "gone Boz" at self promotion for his radio show.

8timechamps
9/5/2013, 09:56 PM
Dint say HE wasnt one, Said Casillas and Aikman wernt In the ****ing choir either tho. Johhny Halftime is a spoiled assed brat .

The more I think about it, the more I think Manzier is the king of jerks. Boz did some crazy stuff, but at least he kept his illegal activity behind closed doors. Manzier couldn't give a **** how his actions might affect his team, it's all about his dumb ***.

olevetonahill
9/5/2013, 10:12 PM
The more I think about it, the more I think Manzier is the king of jerks. Boz did some crazy stuff, but at least he kept his illegal activity behind closed doors. Manzier couldn't give a **** how his actions might affect his team, it's all about his dumb ***.
Boz was an asz But he was OUR asz! TC an Aikman Hated the King. Am I the only one who thot that Aikman threw some Games in Barry's last years there to get rid of him?

Soonerfan88
9/5/2013, 10:12 PM
Making outlandish statements about the other team so he would be widely quoted and having multiple funky hairdos is a far cry from the antics of JFF. Boz never had any off-the-field issues like Johnny Stupid, was never threatened with suspension before his first season ever began, never got arrested that I remember, and he was an excellent student. Also, Brian Bosworth has always said the Boz was a character he played for football while JFF is a spoiled assed brat (thanks Vet) all the time and it's not act.

Maybe Casillas has other axes to grind with Bosworth and Switzer but he's wrong on this.

olevetonahill
9/5/2013, 10:14 PM
Making outlandish statements about the other team so he would be widely quoted and having multiple funky hairdos is a far cry from the antics of JFF. Boz never had any off-the-field issues like Johnny Stupid, was never threatened with suspension before his first season ever began, never got arrested that I remember, and he was an excellent student. Also, Brian Bosworth has always said the Boz was a character he played for football while JFF is a spoiled assed brat (thanks Vet) all the time and it's not act.

Maybe Casillas has other axes to grind with Bosworth and Switzer but he's wrong on this.
This, I Respected TC while he was at OU after he went to Dallas and got with Aikman? Not so much!

Soonerus
9/5/2013, 10:15 PM
TC is pretty weak on the franchise...not a long termer...

8timechamps
9/5/2013, 10:16 PM

Good points.

Honestly, most of the outlandish things that Boz did was on the field, during the game. I still have to wonder what the Boz would have been like if social media was around in his day...but it wasn't, and it is for Manzier.

It's offical...Manzier is the king of the jerks.

Soonerjeepman
9/5/2013, 10:39 PM
maybe TC ....just maybe he is/was jealous of the attention Boz got...I would think most of the OU fball guys in that era were egotistical...especially without all that sensitivity training kids are getting these days...lol

Soonerus
9/5/2013, 10:42 PM
TC a little boring, boorish and self-centered....

Therealsouthsider
9/5/2013, 11:36 PM
...Boz put team first, I can't say the same for the @ss at a$m

...as for Casillas and the Boz, the rainbow warrior has always been decent and even gracious off the field when I've had encounters with him at functions, can't say the same for Tony...sorry Casillas...calling it like it is

ss

olevetonahill
9/5/2013, 11:41 PM
TC a little boring, boorish and self-centered....

Like I asked am I the ONLY one who noticed HIS and Aikmans Animosity towards the KING ?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/6/2013, 12:12 AM
I dont ,TC never was a Big fan of the KING after his Playing days here. I dont remember what all was said and done but Him and Aikman hated Switzer when he was Coach of Dallas.

Maybe Im the only one who remembers that ****!I remember one time reading that Casillas wasn't proud to say he was a Sooner, or some such stuff. Switzer had his faults for sure, but I heard from several people that most of the players thought well of him, and that he would do just about anything for them. So, I def have more respect for Bosworth than Casillas and Aikman.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/6/2013, 12:20 AM
Boz was an asz But he was OUR asz! TC an Aikman Hated the King. Am I the only one who thot that Aikman threw some Games in Barry's last years there to get rid of him?I think Aikman never played at OU again after getting injured in the 1985 game against Miami. (with Holleyman as starting QB, Aikman transferred to UCLA)

olevetonahill
9/6/2013, 12:32 AM
I think Aikman never played at OU again after getting injured in the 1985 game against Miami. (with Holleyman as starting QB, Aikman transferred to UCLA)

Zackly! The King Helped him transfer to UCLA back then. Troy Never forgave him for going back to the Wishbone !

legacy79
9/6/2013, 12:49 AM
Tony was quite the jerk himself while at school. He has only slightly improved with age and I'll leave it at that.

Therealsouthsider
9/6/2013, 01:46 AM
...and while I'm thinking about it, Aikman is a pompous ahole and should thank his god that he was ever allowed to don the crimson and cream and cast his wormy shadow on the royal sward of Owen field

ss

SOONER44EVER
9/6/2013, 01:48 AM
"The Boz" was the on field persona, Brian off the field was nothing like his on field persona. I was around him some because I had some friends who were friends of his, he was never rude or obnoxious unlike quite a few players, in fact he was pretty danged quiet off the field. Casillas was a pompous jerk from the start and never changed when he was at Dallas. It seems to me that Casillas has "gone Boz" at self promotion for his radio show.

Exactly. I hung out several times with him and Casillas (never the two them together as they didn't get along) at OU and Brian was nothing like everyone portrayed him on tv. Casillas was an *** every time I was around him.

mojorisen2014
9/6/2013, 07:43 AM
2 guys 1 spotlight

Mac94
9/6/2013, 07:54 AM
Loved watching the Boz when he played ... still have my old #44 Sooners practice jersey I got one Christmas when I was in H.S.

The comparision between the Boz and Johnny are somewhat different ... first ... Bosworth didn't live in the age of social media and the 24 hr sports mega empires we have today. He never lived under the microscope Johnny does today ... although Johnny invites that microscope alot himself. Boz did have a few outlandish things in his day ... from the famous national communists against athletes shirt to comparing Norman to Moscow. Another difference, though, is position. Boz, of course, was an LB and defensive guys can be a bit more brash and out there and get away with it. Johnny is a QB and that is a position unto itself and has a whole different level of character trait expectations.

As a guy that wears both Sooner and Aggie hats ... the only thing I can say is ... I never got tired of Brian ... maybe it's because we weren't inundated with things 24/7 like today ... but I never had a moment when I was ready to see #44 move on. As an Aggie ... I can;t say the same about #2. He's wonderfully gifted on the field ... but the "baggage" is getting to much.

Boomer Mooner
9/6/2013, 11:08 PM
I never had the opportunity to meet or be around the Boz, but I was around TC a few times and he was always personable. I was attending OU when they were there and working at a "rent to own" store in Norman. The store owner also had a bunch of XXX movies he rented and TC came in a few times to rent them. To rent the movies you had to put your name in a book the store owner kept to keep track of where all the movies were. TC always signed "Barry Switzer".