PDA

View Full Version : The Priiiiiiiiide of Oklahoma Marching Band

En_Fuego
9/5/2013, 04:16 PM
Channel 4 News is reporting that seniors on the band and the student section are not happy campers.

I tried finding a link.

Something is happening between the band/students vs the director.

More to come.....Im sure.

MsProudSooner
9/5/2013, 04:20 PM
Here's a link. Seems to be old news:

http://kfor.com/2013/09/05/ou-marching-band-presents-list-of-demands-to-pres-boren/

En_Fuego
9/5/2013, 04:43 PM
Some of the issues were just reported today.

But channel 4 news is..... Well, channel 4 news

Soonerwake
9/5/2013, 04:50 PM
Some of the issues were just reported today.

But channel 4 news is..... Well, channel 4 news

Of course it is.. But when Ron Burgundy gave the news on channel 4, it was art..

En_Fuego
9/5/2013, 06:05 PM
Delete me....lol

8timechamps
9/5/2013, 06:06 PM
I noticed when the Pride was introduced before the ULM game, the PA guy said "The University of Oklahoma Marching Band". Later, in the pregame stuff, he said "The PRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIDE of Oklahoma".

That seemed different to me. Was it different, or am I just looking for things to pick on?

En_Fuego
9/5/2013, 06:14 PM
Channel 4 News at 6:00 reported all is well and they're all going to Taco Mayo for dinner.

Im watching news 9 from now on.....sorry guys and gals.

MsProudSooner
9/5/2013, 07:00 PM
I noticed when the Pride was introduced before the ULM game, the PA guy said "The University of Oklahoma Marching Band". Later, in the pregame stuff, he said "The PRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIDE of Oklahoma".

That seemed different to me. Was it different, or am I just looking for things to pick on?

It was different.

Judge Smails
9/5/2013, 08:26 PM
Stolarik is still listed on the Wisc website. He looks like he is 12 years old. Could he be Weitzenweitzen's illegitmate kid?

http://music.wisc.edu/faculty/bio?faculty_id=74

Maybe they haven't removed him from their web site because we have a trial period where we can still return him?

I Am Right
9/5/2013, 08:52 PM
Go back to last years pregame, problem solved!

MyT Oklahoma
9/5/2013, 08:56 PM
He came from UT? Really? Flush him.

Judge Smails
9/5/2013, 09:08 PM
Here is his bio:

Dr. Justin R. Stolarik is currently the Assistant Director of the Marching Band and Assistant Director of Bands at The University of Wisconsin-Madison. In addition to his duties as the Assistant Director, he also oversees the Wisconsin Drumline and the Marching Percussion Program. Prior to his appointment at UW, he served as the Assistant Director of Bands at Henderson State University where he co-directed the Marching Band, conducted the Symphony Band and Reddie Basketball Band, taught courses in Marching Band Techniques and Wind Conducting, and was a frequent guest conductor in the Department of Music.

As a former graduate teaching assistant at The University of Texas at Austin, Dr. Stolarik worked extensively with the Longhorn Band, Basketball Band, undergraduate conducting classes, the Longhorn Concert Band, and was on percussion faculty for the Longhorn Summer Music Camps. His wind arrangements were frequently performed by the athletic bands at football and basketball games before audiences of over 80,000. In addition to athletic bands, he has arranged for The Dallas Wind Symphony and The University of Texas Wind Ensemble, as well as instrumental back-ups for Carolyn Wonderland, Roky Erickson, Ray Benson, Jerry Jeff Walker, and Ghostland Observatory.

Dr. Stolarik has taught and arranged for marching bands throughout Florida, Texas, and Arkansas, as well as for the Madison Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps. He holds a bachelor's degree with highest honors in Music Education from The University of Florida, and master's and doctorate degrees in Percussion Performance from The University of Texas at Austin. Recently, his recording of John Cage's Dream was featured as part of two art installations in Scotland, and his recording of Philip Glass's Opening was used by a New York architectural firm as the soundtrack for an architectural project animation. Some of his past performances have been featured in issues of Modern Drummer and Percussion News. He is an honorary member of Kappa Kappa Psi (Alpha Tau) and Tau Beta Sigma (Beta Gamma and Theta Theta).

MyT Oklahoma
9/5/2013, 09:10 PM
Yeah I know. He came here by way of UT. Flush him. Flush twice even.

texas bandman
9/5/2013, 10:20 PM
Stolarik is still listed on the Wisc website. He looks like he is 12 years old. Could he be Weitzenweitzen's illegitmate kid?

http://music.wisc.edu/faculty/bio?faculty_id=74

Maybe they haven't removed him from their web site because we have a trial period where we can still return him?

Maybe he's his gay lover? :D

TheHumanAlphabet
9/6/2013, 10:41 AM
How does he know Weizenheimer, hummmm?

SoonerStormchaser
9/6/2013, 11:04 AM
Fire that mother ****er!

proud gonzo
9/6/2013, 01:39 PM
Tons of Pride alumni are up in arms. Not only has he trade our pregame for Wisconsin's and made the OU logo on the field during pregame look like crap, there are rumors that he may have been hired unfairly (not qualified for the position, strong-armed through the process, etc.)

ton of articles in the OU Daily about it, too.

Breadburner
9/6/2013, 02:28 PM
Shut-Up and play.....!!

sooneron
9/6/2013, 10:59 PM
Odds are, if Boren or Max wanted him, he was all but in. Whatever Max wants, he gets. David is all too happy to scrape the crumbs off the table for Max and his checkbook.