PDA

View Full Version : Senate panel votes for military action

okie52
9/4/2013, 04:31 PM
A Senate panel voted Wednesday afternoon to approve a resolution authorizing military action against Syria, overcoming the first significant hurdle to full congressional approval of the resolution. Here’s a breakdown of the vote:

The resolution passed with a bipartisan margin of 10-7, with one member, Sen. Edward Markey (D., Mass.) voting “present.”

Voting for the resolution were 7 Democrats — Robert Menendez of New Jersey, Barbara Boxer of California, Benjamin Cardin of Maryland, Jean Shaheen of New Hampshire, Chris Coons of Delaware, Dick Durbin of Illinois and Tim Kaine of Virginia — and three Republicans, Bob Corker of Tennessee, and John McCain and Jeff Flake of Arizona.

Voting against the resolution were 2 Democrats — Sens. Tom Udall of New Mexico and Chris Murphy of Connecticut — and 5 Republicans, Sens. James Risch of Idaho, Marco Rubio of Florida, Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, John Barasso of Wyoming and Rand Paul of Kentucky.

Same old RINO's that should be an embarrassment to their states....McShame, Flake, and Corker although they at least voted. Markey's "present" vote is ridiculous but fitting for Massachusetts.

SoonerorLater
9/4/2013, 06:17 PM
We need to get rid of these guys. The US just needs to sit this one out.

Soonerjeepman
9/4/2013, 06:39 PM
We need to get rid of these guys. The US just needs to sit this one out.

agree....100000000%

TAFBSooner
9/5/2013, 08:46 AM
How many of you have written your senators on this? (I did.) The majority of citizens are against US intervention. Apparently the Oklahoma delegation is aligning with that majority (except Coburn is undecided).

soonercruiser
9/5/2013, 09:42 PM
Hey!
Does this mean that John Kerry is picking his military decorations back up off of the ground?
:panda:

Bottom Line Is: I agree with Inhofe - the Dems and Obama had degraded the military and cut the budgets enough that we can't afford to "project our forces" (military strategic term) around the world like we used to.
:grumpy:

soonercruiser
9/5/2013, 09:43 PM
How many of you have written your senators on this? (I did.) The majority of citizens are against US intervention. Apparently the Oklahoma delegation is aligning with that majority (except Coburn is undecided).

Wrote all my legislators.
Called the two weaklings that I suspect will vote for it.