PDA

View Full Version : When do the ticket takers quit manning the gates?

BigTip
9/4/2013, 04:01 PM
Going to be in Norman Saturday. I thought I might wander over to the stadium late in the game to drink it all in. In the old days, when I was not selling cokes in the stands, I could get in the stadium usually during the 3rd quarter or so.

Any idea about this?

Widescreen
9/4/2013, 04:08 PM
Don't be poor.

;)

tycat947
9/4/2013, 04:10 PM
I think there is security at the gates the whole time these days. Has been for quite a few years.

badger
9/4/2013, 04:14 PM
If you wait till after kickoff, a scalper might sell to you on the cheap.

If you appear to be hardcore enough of a Sooner fan without appearing too crazy (or drunk), I have also been offered cheap tickets that route.

BigTip
9/4/2013, 04:26 PM
Don't be poor.

;)

Being cheap and being poor are two different things!

Actually I am visiting my mom and can't invest the time for the entire game. I just wanted to peek at it for a bit.

Breadburner
9/4/2013, 05:04 PM
I think you could score a ticket in the upper deck for 5 or 10 dollars.....

olevetonahill
9/4/2013, 05:17 PM
If you wait till after kickoff, a scalper might sell to you on the cheap.

If you appear to be hardcore enough of a Sooner fan without appearing too crazy (or drunk), I have also been offered cheap tickets that route.

I heard some Old drunk Gave ya a ticket on the 40 yard line :cocksure:

Hornkiller
9/4/2013, 05:18 PM
There also used to be a day where they would let the co-eds sunbath on the field in the summer and play a pickup game or run stadium steps during the off season. Sadly like most great traditions those went the way of going to O’Connell’s at halftime, the wishbone and the annual OU / Nebraska game.

yermom
9/4/2013, 05:27 PM
they just won't let you on the field. you can still run the stairs if you want, unless that has changed in the last year or two.

JLEW1818
9/4/2013, 05:37 PM
Should be able to find a ticket before kickoff for $30