PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Fighter 18

reflector
9/4/2013, 10:27 AM
The greatest reality show on television returns tonight. This season will have two tournaments. There will be both a male and female tournament. Both will be at Bantamweight (135 pounds).

The coaches this season will be Miesha Tate and Ronda Rousey. There will probably be a lot of drama on this season between coaches. Cat Zingano actually beat Tate for the right to coach on the season, but she got injured before the taping of the show. So that is the reason that Tate will be a coach on the season.

The show will actually be on Fox Sports 1 this season. It is moving from FX to Fox Sports 1. For those people who live in the OKC area and have Cox cable, it will be on channels 67 and 728.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNWwHeXL570

Boomer.....
9/4/2013, 11:18 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/popcorn_yes.gif

reflector
9/5/2013, 01:39 PM
Here are how the teams came out.

Team Tate

Roxanne Modafferi
Raquel Pennington
Julianna Pena
Sarah Moras
Tim Gorman
Josh Hill
Chris Holdsworth
Cody Bollinger

Team Rousey

Jessamyn Duke
Peggy Morgan
Jessica Rakoczy
David Grant
Michael Wootten
Shayna Baszler
Chris Beal
Anthony Gutierrez

Boomer.....
9/6/2013, 07:45 AM
Not too much excitement from the "get in the house" fights. I'm surprised Rousey picked the top two girls to fight first. Should be a good fight, but I see Jessamyn winning it.

reflector
9/11/2013, 10:09 PM
Before the season, when I first saw the potential cast for this season, I thought Baszler was going to probably win the season for the females. She has been around the sport for a long time. Juliana Pena was able beat her on tonight's episode though. She was actually able to stop her in the second round. I was a little surprised by that. I thought it was a good fight though.

Boomer.....
9/17/2013, 10:27 AM
Really good fight. Pena throws bombs. Baszler was worn out after the first round.

achiro
9/19/2013, 08:08 AM
Ronda is doing herself no favors with her fan base. Whether she is doing it to push controversy, get into Tate's head, or it's really her, she is coming across as a bat **** cray psycho.

achiro
9/26/2013, 10:50 AM
Am I the only one watching TUF this season? Last nights fight was pretty good. Nice to see some women with technique as opposed to the close your eyes, tuck your chin, swing wildly while running forward crap that seems so prevalent. I like both ladies so I really didn't pick one I wanted to win but it was actually a bit emotional to watch the ending. My wife was crying like a baby, I said, " there's no crying in MMA!" :D

reflector
9/26/2013, 12:23 PM
Am I the only one watching TUF this season? Last nights fight was pretty good. Nice to see some women with technique as opposed to the close your eyes, tuck your chin, swing wildly while running forward crap that seems so prevalent. I like both ladies so I really didn't pick one I wanted to win but it was actually a bit emotional to watch the ending. My wife was crying like a baby, I said, " there's no crying in MMA!" :D

i definitely saw last night's episode. The one girl had a great first round. She looked exhausted in the second round and ended up getting knocked out. I felt bad for her. I thought she was the more skillful fighter, but she didn't conserve her energy at all in the first round.

I am definitely watching the series, but I have a been a little busy lately. I still say it is the best reality show on television. I won't miss an episode, but I may be too busy to post about the episodes sometimes.

reflector
9/26/2013, 12:28 PM
Roxanne was the girl who got knocked out, I think.

Boomer.....
9/30/2013, 08:42 AM
I know Roxanne is a "legend" in women's mma, but I don't see it. She doesn't seem to have any fire and lacks power.

BTW, my wife has become a big Tate fan because of Rousey's craziness.

reflector
10/2/2013, 10:12 PM
i thought Grant looked really good on tonight's episode. He dominated from the beginning.

reflector
10/9/2013, 10:42 PM
The fight between Raquel and Jessamyn on tonight's episode was really good. Raquel won a decision, but it was a very close fight.

achiro
10/10/2013, 10:41 AM
The fight between Raquel and Jessamyn on tonight's episode was really good. Raquel won a decision, but it was a very close fight.

Yes, great fight. I have a feeling we will be seeing several of these ladies continue their careers with the UFC down the road regardless of the season winner. I also have to wonder if Jessamyn would benefit with a higher weight class, she's awful tall to stay in that weight class and a little more muscle on her frame could make for a heck of a fighter.

reflector
10/16/2013, 10:13 PM
I thought the fight between Wooten and Hill tonight was pretty good. I was happy Wooten won. He is the more exciting fighter.

reflector
10/23/2013, 05:47 PM
I believe tonight's episode is just a recap of the season so far.

reflector
10/30/2013, 10:39 PM
It sucks that Bollinger wouldn't make weight. I thought it was the right decision to kick him off the show.

Sarah Moras looked good in beating Peggy Morgan. I thought Moras would win before the fight and the fight went about how I thought it would.

The semifinal fights got set on tonight's episode as well.

Men's Semifinal

Chris Holdsworth vs. Michael Wootten
David Grant vs. Anthony Gutierrez

Women's Semifinal

Sarah Moras vs. Julianna Pena
Raquel Pennington vs. Jessica Rakozy

reflector
11/6/2013, 11:12 PM
Holdsworth was able to beat Wootten on tonight's episode. I was not too surprised by the result of this fight.

reflector
11/13/2013, 04:57 PM
Sarah vs. Pena is on tonight's episode, I believe. It should be a good fight.

reflector
11/13/2013, 11:26 PM
The fight between Pena and Sarah was really good. Pena was able to win and advance.

reflector
11/20/2013, 08:06 PM
I think the fight on tonight's episode is between Gutierrez and Grant.

reflector
11/20/2013, 11:39 PM
Gutierrez missed weight and the fight did not happen on tonight's episode. I think that is the second time this season that a fighter didn't make weight. It really sucks.

Collier11
11/20/2013, 11:42 PM
easiest way to lose your audience...have a fighting reality show with no fights

reflector
11/27/2013, 03:04 PM
I believe tonight's episode is the last until the live finale. I enjoyed the season overall. I just wish they didn't have so many canceled fights.

Here is the preview for tonight's episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10fo1SFp0GQ

reflector
11/27/2013, 11:08 PM
Rakoczy was able to beat Pennington on tonight's episode. It will be Rakoczy vs. Pena in the finale on Saturday. I think Pena will win, but I hope Rakoczy can make it a competitive fight. I think the show got some good female fighters this season.

Collier11
11/29/2013, 02:19 AM
I have to say, while some of the women on the show could fight, I felt this season was a bust. No real intriguing superstars female fighters IMO and the two men fighters who missed weight

reflector
11/30/2013, 05:18 PM
The live finale is tonight.

reflector
12/1/2013, 01:00 AM
Pena was able to win the women's division. Holdsworth won on the men's division. I thought it was a pretty good night of fights.

achiro
12/1/2013, 10:16 AM
Pena probably would have won anyway but I didn't like the stoppage. ONE freaking second on the clock! Pena hit a few shots but the majority were being blocked. Sorry but Pena winning shows that the women have a long way to go. I enjoyed the heck out of the womens fights this year but they need different weight classes or it will always be a brute chick like Pena that has very little skill that can just push her opponent around at will.