PDA

View Full Version : Sooners

CatfishSooner
9/2/2013, 06:25 PM
Will he be the starting qb throughout the season?

Does Kendal Thompson have a chance to get back in this thing?

Overall, I thought TK did a great job Saturday considering first game as a r-fr.

Does anyone post on here anymore????

How bout Tapper? Stryker? C. Nelson? Z. Sanchez? Man the D was great!!

Let's get some discussion going on here on soonerfans!

Soonerwake
9/2/2013, 07:01 PM
I have a good feeling about Knight. I think he has a chance to be VERY good.. Once he calms down and is in the flow of t the game, I see good things happening in the passing game, which will even more open up the running.

It was the defense that really impressed me though. If we can stay focused and healthy, WOW!!!

En_Fuego
9/2/2013, 07:03 PM
I could be wrong but i think Thompson lost his chance this year with the injury. I've been watching TK's high school highlights and i think he's going to be a winner. Im sure walking out to 85,000 fans don't help a kids nerves. He sure settled down the second half and i was pleasantly surprised.

Soonerwake
9/2/2013, 07:12 PM
The ULM team that we shut out and held to 166 yards had 18 returning starters, including 4 of 5 OL, QB, rb, all but 1 wr... They averaged 438 yards and 34 points a game last year.

That includes 550 yards and 30 first downs against Arkansas, 410 yards against Auburn, and 560 yards against Baylor.

I know it's early and a lot has to go our way, but I am encouraged..

Soonerwake
9/2/2013, 07:16 PM
I sure hope our defense has something to prove this week. I would show them last years tape a couple of times. Now, the WV I watched Saturday is not even close to last years team, but our D was awful last year.

Also, the d-line I watched Saturday is so much more aggressive, athletic, and sound than last years version. Could a new position coach make that much difference?

Soonerus
9/2/2013, 07:28 PM
It was a very encouraging start because the D played so well and looked good..

CatfishSooner
9/2/2013, 08:24 PM
I sure hope our defense has something to prove this week. I would show them last years tape a couple of times. Now, the WV I watched Saturday is not even close to last years team, but our D was awful last year.

Also, the d-line I watched Saturday is so much more aggressive, athletic, and sound than last years version. Could a new position coach make that much difference?

I don't think Montgomery is the entire difference, but he is definitely a factor. What do y'all think about the 3-4? ? I like it a lot so far!

As far as the great running game we saw SAturday,,, Are we able to continue to run the ball with that much success with people keying in on the run???
If they are going to key in on the run, TK's gonna have to complete some passes. I think he can though. Just needs some time to get the hang of it. I think he's going to be pretty dang good.

CatfishSooner
9/2/2013, 08:25 PM
It was a very encouraging start because the D played so well and looked good..

Encouraging and very surprising to me as well...

ouwasp
9/2/2013, 08:42 PM
To me, the unsung hero has been Nick Hogdson (sp?), the kickoff man. 7/7 kickoffs reach the EZ deep enough for a touchback. Wow... just think how many of us have cringed over the last several yrs during that particular play! Thanks to Nick for making it ho-hum, and helping OU out field position-wise as well.

So relieved to see the D play with a bit of a punishing attitude. Been awhile. Prolly the Tex game last yr.

Wish the Sooners had a road game experience before the trip to South Bend. But the open date is a good trade-off.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/2/2013, 08:49 PM

Also, the d-line I watched Saturday is so much more aggressive, athletic, and sound than last years version. Could a new position coach make that much difference?Where's Tavon Austin? HE'S GONE!

Thank God!:soap:

Breadburner
9/2/2013, 09:15 PM
We made him look better than he was.....

CatfishSooner
9/2/2013, 09:16 PM
To me, the unsung hero has been Nick Hogdson (sp?), the kickoff man. 7/7 kickoffs reach the EZ deep enough for a touchback. Wow... just think how many of us have cringed over the last several yrs during that particular play! Thanks to Nick for making it ho-hum, and helping OU out field position-wise as well.

So relieved to see the D play with a bit of a punishing attitude. Been awhile. Prolly the Tex game last yr.

Wish the Sooners had a road game experience before the trip to South Bend. But the open date is a good trade-off.

x 2 on the kickoff man!!!!!

This team's got some SWAGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!

ND IS GOIN DOWN!

9/2/2013, 10:01 PM
ND IS GOIN DOWN!Bob would instantaneously move into 2nd place among OU coaches with that outcome.

En_Fuego
9/2/2013, 10:09 PM
Bob would instantaneously move into 2nd place among OU coaches with that outcome.

"That's an awful bold statement for a one eyed fat man"

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n156/crom11/TrueGrit.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/crom11/media/TrueGrit.jpg.html)

OUmillenium
9/2/2013, 10:40 PM
Just watched the 3rd qtr and early 4th = very enjoyable Sooner football.

Defense actually tackles and pressures the qb this year. Hope it continues.

We have lots of running backs. When Knightrider hits his passes, the offense can really roll.

Big fan of Tapper and Sanchez after 1 game.

MyT Oklahoma
9/2/2013, 10:45 PM
TK played well after the first quarter. The defense was impressive time after time. That kid kicking the stuffing out of every kickoff is long overdue at OU. Our punter did well and I feel sorry for whomever has to stop our running backs this year.

I was surprised and pleased with the overall effort last Saturday night. Now please do it again.

9/2/2013, 10:57 PM
Ain't it grand not having the cows' fans chiming in on this message board?! All the more reason to keep stuffing their as*es down there in the cotton bowl in Oct. every year...

yes, a win over domer would be pleasing for several reasons.

9/2/2013, 11:01 PM
"That's an awful bold statement for a one eyed fat man"

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n156/crom11/TrueGrit.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/crom11/media/TrueGrit.jpg.html)Now, see here Pilgrim, put a plug in it!

stoopified
9/3/2013, 06:32 AM
As far as the great running game we saw SAturday,,, Are we able to continue to run the ball with that much success with people keying in on the run???
If they are going to key in on the run, TK's gonna have to complete some passes. I think he can though. Just needs some time to get the hang of it. I think he's going to be pretty dang good. Guarantee that opposing defenses are gearing up to stop OUr run game and want to make AK beat them with his arm.

CatfishSooner
9/3/2013, 07:44 AM
Guarantee that opposing defenses are gearing up to stop OUr run game and want to make AK beat them with his arm.

1. Do you think opposing D's can stop our running game?

2. Do you think AK can beat 'em with his arm?

man, it'll feel great if we can pull it off against dem domers!

Bourbon St Sooner
9/3/2013, 09:14 AM
When was the last time you were actually encouraged about OUr team's chances after the first game?

thecrimsoncrusader
9/3/2013, 09:50 AM

The one-gap helps a bunch, but Phillips is also vastly superior to McFarland, Walker and McGee from an athletic standpoint and Tapper is a beast at the DE spot. Phillips was going up against a Lombardi watch list candidate and did outstanding. With getting help up front, it also helped the linebackers and secondary a bunch, something that didn't happen last season.

Mac94
9/3/2013, 10:34 AM
I liked what I saw in Knight ... esp as the game went along and he settled in. The passing game will come along with reps and him not being to pumped up early. Think alot of his early passing struggles were from being just to excited and being revved to up high. This, I think, will be a fun offense.

The defense, though, stole the show. The unit came in with such huge questions marks and came out of game one against a pretty good team with a very impressive performance. Alot to look forward to with this bunch.

BoulderSooner79
9/3/2013, 02:50 PM

1) At times, yes. (depends on which team's D, of course)

2) Eventually, yes. Starting with 3 home games in a row against weaker teams should help build confidence.

BoulderSooner79
9/3/2013, 02:51 PM
When was the last time you were actually encouraged about OUr team's chances after the first game?

2011. Right up to the first game Whaley didn't play (TTech)

rock on sooner
9/3/2013, 03:11 PM
Some observations and a ? er two...

Kicking game is again a weapon...touchbacks, punts inside the 20 and
FG from outside 40 yds...

AK is a breath of fresh air, being able to pull it down and run with it and/or
effective running on called running plays.

Millard is a blocking BEAST! & I love it when he and Ripkowski are in the
backfield at the same time....500+ pounds of fury running downhill!

WR's looked good.

D line is fun to watch again...Colvin "might" be a first rounder in the draft.

Finch needs to stay in the slot...Saunders is lightning in a bottle on punt
returns.

Play calling appears to fit personnel again.

Here's my question for you QB guru's...AK's throwing, to me, looks
like a lot of wasted motion, especially to the flats on either side. Am
I reading that wrong? Seems to me that his accuracy suffers because
of that motion.....

Keep in mind that this is just the first game of the season and, yeah, me
too...the Domers gonna die!

SoonerorLater
9/3/2013, 03:55 PM
Some observations and a ? er two...

Kicking game is again a weapon...touchbacks, punts inside the 20 and
FG from outside 40 yds...

AK is a breath of fresh air, being able to pull it down and run with it and/or
effective running on called running plays.

Millard is a blocking BEAST! & I love it when he and Ripkowski are in the
backfield at the same time....500+ pounds of fury running downhill!

WR's looked good.

D line is fun to watch again...Colvin "might" be a first rounder in the draft.

Finch needs to stay in the slot...Saunders is lightning in a bottle on punt
returns.

Play calling appears to fit personnel again.

Here's my question for you QB guru's...AK's throwing, to me, looks
like a lot of wasted motion, especially to the flats on either side. Am
I reading that wrong? Seems to me that his accuracy suffers because
of that motion.....

Keep in mind that this is just the first game of the season and, yeah, me
too...the Domers gonna die!

On the swing passes his motion did look a little more deliberate and not as natural as when he was going down field. His elbow looked like it kicked back a little extra like a pitching motion.

cleller
9/3/2013, 04:20 PM

To me, those are two important, related questions. As we all know, a good run game compliments the passing game, and vice versa. Real, sustained success depends a lot on Knight's arm. Still early to be able to tell how much his accuracy will improve, but it seems like the coaches believe it will be there.

A good defense will always be able to put limits on a one dimensional offense.

OU_Sooners75
9/3/2013, 05:32 PM
Why are we all concerned with Kendall Thompson?

Yes I am excited to see what he can do as anyone else. But unless Knight royally fails, we don't need to start a controversy that isn't there.

OU_Sooners75
9/3/2013, 05:34 PM

I don't think Montgomery is the entire difference, but he is definitely a factor. What do y'all think about the 3-4? ? I like it a lot so far!

If they are going to key in on the run, TK's gonna have to complete some passes. I think he can though. Just needs some time to get the hang of it. I think he's going to be pretty dang good.

They started the game with a 3-3-5. And mixed in the 3-4.

Breadburner
9/3/2013, 05:57 PM
We just flat executed on defense.....Execution is what killed us in WV last year.....

CatfishSooner
9/3/2013, 07:05 PM

Are those two defenses not pretty much the same? Just instead of an extra LB you put in safety-hybrid??

OU_Sooners75
9/3/2013, 07:29 PM

Are those two defenses not pretty much the same? Just instead of an extra LB you put in safety-hybrid??

Personnel wise not the same, but they are very similar.

Different scheming as well goes into them.

I liked what OU did with it.

BigTip
9/3/2013, 10:43 PM
New nickname for TK/AK; Trevor Football.

Oh. What? That names already taken?

A scrambling QB that has an arm is a fun friggin' thing to watch. What did the commentator call the formation one time, an inverted wishbone? It looked very wishboney to me a couple of times. Why not mix it up? All the teams are so use to defending the spread offense now, let them mess with a power running game, WITH the pass threat, and see how that goes for them. Bob Bob Bob, you looking smarter than normal right now. (smile)

CatfishSooner
9/4/2013, 07:48 PM
Personnel wise not the same, but they are very similar.

Different scheming as well goes into them.

I liked what OU did with it.

How exactly are they different personnel wise? Also, what is the difference in scheme?

thanks,

okiewaker
9/4/2013, 08:19 PM
Knight is fun to watch,,,whether or not that turn to points,,,don't know yet. On the D side,,it looked great on Saturday. How GOOD is ULM offense compared to B12 offenses,,again,,,unanswered. Regardless,,,I'm gonna cheer to lungs capacity.

JiminyChristmas
9/4/2013, 08:27 PM
I could have missed a couple of substitutions, but for the first three quarters anyway, I remember it being 3-3-5 exclusively with:

C - Colvin, Sanchez
S - Lynn, Hayes
N - Wilson
LB - Nelson, Shannon, Striker
DL - Tapper, Phillips, Grissom

Did they ever pull Wilson and add a true 4th LB? Would be very similar just depending upon what they were doing with Wilson and coverages from play to play. I don't remember him lining up as an OLB though.

Ruf/Nek7
9/4/2013, 08:29 PM
Here is my opinion from all aspects of the game.

Special teams: Barnett was consistently good. That comes as a relief since we were replacing Way who was a name we got really comfortable with. IMO, no one can really say "well its just one game", only because he got several opportunities to punt in the game. Hodgson was a blessing. Keep the opposing team from any kind of return. Hunnicutt took advantage of his opportunities. Saunders is a huge threat at punt return but honestly, he is just one in a long line of decent punt returns at OU so nothing new there.

Defense: The 3-3-5 was fresh. Stoops orchestrated this perfectly by sending a LB on almost every snap. This still allows 7 men in coverage and we are not leaving the middle of the field wide the F open for draws. We looked PHYSICAL and i love it! We were aggressive yet disciplined. I was most impressed by Lynn and Shannon. I am starting to trust Kish a tad more. He needs to keep up the recruiting and prove game one was not a fluke with his LBs. I will be bold to say that Monty does make a HUGE difference as a coach especially when we all loved what we saw and that was without, arguably, our best D-linman Chuka. I saw alot of endless motors on the d line. That is exciting to see.

Offense: I admit, i was skeptical of the AK experience and i also admit, i as done with the AK experience about midway through the first half. He proved me wrong and i feel bad for not being more patient but props to Stoops and Heupel/Norvell for doing what i couldnt because it proved to be fruitful. AK, i feel, has a great control of the game. He makes great decisions he just needs to execute, especially from the first snap. The run game was solid which also allows our defense to rest. I liked how we could change tempo at will to really press the issue. I LOVE how we work on wearing teams down with the run game. AK will never have to throw 35+ times a game and that excites me. Every one of our RBs are BEASTS. Who else is stoked Finch got several looks? Who else is stoked about the future with Ross and Ford?

Sorry for being long winded, just excited since really, there is not a lot i can say bad.

Ruf/Nek7
9/4/2013, 08:32 PM
Knight is fun to watch,,,whether or not that turn to points,,,don't know yet. On the D side,,it looked great on Saturday. How GOOD is ULM offense compared to B12 offenses,,again,,,unanswered. Regardless,,,I'm gonna cheer to lungs capacity.

UTEP ran for 200+ yds. against us last year and they are nowhere near Big12 teams. The defense should continue to produce. Just stay healthy.

okiewaker
9/4/2013, 08:41 PM
UTEP ran for 200+ yds. against us last year and they are nowhere near Big12 teams. The defense should continue to produce. Just stay healthy.

Yeah,,I kinda think you made my point clearer. Thx

8timechamps
9/4/2013, 10:19 PM
Hadn't seen it mentioned yet, but the versatility of the new defensive scheme is very exciting. With the personnel on the roster, Mike can go from a 3-3-5 to a 50 with little drop-off. A guy like Eric Striker is going to be very successful in that kind of defense.

Fortunately, we have the DBs to back up that kind of scheme, although I think our safeties will be tested much more this week.

Charles Tapper is an animal. If he sticks around through his senior year, he could become one of the great DEs from OU. He's just now scratching the surface of his ability...give him another two years in this system, and in a real weight program...look out!

Soonerwake
9/4/2013, 10:33 PM
Hadn't seen it mentioned yet, but the versatility of the new defensive scheme is very exciting. With the personnel on the roster, Mike can go from a 3-3-5 to a 50 with little drop-off. A guy like Eric Striker is going to be very successful in that kind of defense.

Fortunately, we have the DBs to back up that kind of scheme, although I think our safeties will be tested much more this week.

Charles Tapper is an animal. If he sticks around through his senior year, he could become one of the great DEs from OU. He's just now scratching the surface of his ability...give him another two years in this system, and in a real weight program...look out!
I have been thinking those exact things about our defense this week. I'm excited about Jordan Phillips too...

OU_Sooners75
9/5/2013, 08:22 AM
We can't go from a 3-3-5 to a true 50 or 5-2 defense.

We can put able bodies up on the front, but it won't be with 5 legitimate DL up front without substituting.

OU_Sooners75
9/5/2013, 08:25 AM
That is what I like about 3 front defenses.

Either the 3-4 or the 3-3-5 you can walk two OLB or equivalent up and have an immediate 5 front defense.

There is just so much more you can do out of the 3-3-5 or 3-4 than you could with any 4 front defense!

8timechamps
9/5/2013, 04:22 PM

We can put able bodies up on the front, but it won't be with 5 legitimate DL up front without substituting.

I'm not following you.

We can absolutely go from from a 3-3-5 to a 50 without substitutions, we did it several times against ULM.

If you mean we can't have five 280 pound down linemen on the front without substitutions, then of course I agree, but to run a 50 or 5-2, there's no requirement that the front 5 be a certain weight.

CatfishSooner
9/5/2013, 05:21 PM
I could have missed a couple of substitutions, but for the first three quarters anyway, I remember it being 3-3-5 exclusively with:

C - Colvin, Sanchez
S - Lynn, Hayes
N - Wilson
LB - Nelson, Shannon, Striker
DL - Tapper, Phillips, Grissom

Did they ever pull Wilson and add a true 4th LB? Would be very similar just depending upon what they were doing with Wilson and coverages from play to play. I don't remember him lining up as an OLB though.

THAT's a pretty damn good D

Widescreen
9/5/2013, 05:45 PM
That is a good lineup. Who would've thought we could say that with Lynn being listed? Hopefully by this time next year Striker will have put on some additional weight.

OU_Sooners75
9/5/2013, 09:54 PM

I'm not following you.

We can absolutely go from from a 3-3-5 to a 50 without substitutions, we did it several times against ULM.

If you mean we can't have five 280 pound down linemen on the front without substitutions, then of course I agree, but to run a 50 or 5-2, there's no requirement that the front 5 be a certain weight.

You can go to any formation or schema with anyone in the game. But a true 5-2 or 50 defense has 5 down linemen (NG, DT, DT, DE, DE)

What I am saying without subbing in a couple more big bodies it still isn't a traditional 50 defense.

The idea behind a 5 front defense is run stopping. It really isn't a good idea to put 240 pound or less players against 300+ pound OL and expect to stop the run consistently. Just wont happen.

Putting a 3-3-5 into a 50 suggests you are wanting to attack the edges f the offense.

8timechamps
9/5/2013, 10:07 PM
You can go to any formation or schema with anyone in the game. But a true 5-2 or 50 defense has 5 down linemen (NG, DT, DT, DE, DE)

What I am saying without subbing in a couple more big bodies it still isn't a traditional 50 defense.

The idea behind a 5 front defense is run stopping. It really isn't a good idea to put 240 pound or less players against 300+ pound OL and expect to stop the run consistently. Just wont happen.

Putting a 3-3-5 into a 50 suggests you are wanting to attack the edges f the offense.

We're arguing the same thing.

What I am saying is that there really is no "true" 50 front. Or, in other words, moving from a 3-3-5 to a 50 doesn't require substitution. Like we saw Saturday, moving Striker and Shannon to the DE spots, and clamping Grissom and Tapper into the DT spots created a 50 front, and OU was successful in getting pressure off of the edge. It wasn't that simple (since there was some stunts involved), but it was possible.

I understand what you're saying, if you were to put a 50 front on the field, you're not going to use 2 OLB or NBs as Ends. My point was just that you can go from a 3-3-5 to a 50.

JiminyChristmas
9/5/2013, 10:30 PM
Holgerson's offense last week was a setup, that much I think we can count on. We will get to see just how much the D has improved this week because I expect us to need some in game adjustments early on. WVU will have some kind of wrinkle. We haven't been good enough in recent years to make those adjustments very effectively. If we do it well and shut them down this week similar to last week, we just might have something. Can't wait to find out.

Soonerus
9/5/2013, 10:46 PM
Cat be back....

CatfishSooner
9/5/2013, 11:56 PM
Holgerson's offense last week was a setup, that much I think we can count on. We will get to see just how much the D has improved this week because I expect us to need some in game adjustments early on. WVU will have some kind of wrinkle. We haven't been good enough in recent years to make those adjustments very effectively. If we do it well and shut them down this week similar to last week, we just might have something. Can't wait to find out.

Jimminy F'n Christmas...Sooner win by 38...

OU_Sooners75
9/6/2013, 09:23 AM

What does this year have that recent seasons lacked, based in game one?

1. Passion. We saw a lot if players playing with passion on defense against ULM. We haven't seen that type of passion since 2008 at least.

2. Discipline. They last few years we witnessed a lot I players playing out of position and taking the wrong angles and gaps.

3. Aggressiveness. For the first time in quite awhile, we witnessed a front seven, particularly the DL, playing aggressively. They were not playin a two gap read and react on the line. Instead they were playing a one gap assignment that makes then more aggressive.

4. Determination. From the coaches to the players, against ULM we saw a defense determined to stop every possession and get off the field.

What we saw in WVU was jot a smoke screen. Sure it may have been very vanilla. But the execution of the WVU offense was horrid for the most part. And then their defense, wow. That defense could end up being dead last in the big 12.

beached_sooner
9/6/2013, 10:57 AM

1.) Of course other teams can stop OU's running game. Just go back to the wishbone days. OU easily crushed teams with mediocre defenses, but when they got to the Orange Bowl against other teams like Miami with studs on the D, just put 8 in the box, and OU's running game was reduced to being very ineffective.

2.) You have to have some semblance of a passing attack. Back in the wishbone days, the pass was very effective as long as OU had a lead, but when they fell behind, and had to pass every down, then the opposing team just stopped putting "8 in the box", installed their nickel or dime packages, and OU really struggled. In order to win in today's game, you need a passing game first, and you need to have a credible running threat, and a mobile quarterback that can run from a designed pass play is icing on the cake.

SoonerorLater
9/6/2013, 11:19 AM
1.) Of course other teams can stop OU's running game. Just go back to the wishbone days. OU easily crushed teams with mediocre defenses, but when they got to the Orange Bowl against other teams like Miami with studs on the D, just put 8 in the box, and OU's running game was reduced to being very ineffective.

2.) You have to have some semblance of a passing attack. Back in the wishbone days, the pass was very effective as long as OU had a lead, but when they fell behind, and had to pass every down, then the opposing team just stopped putting "8 in the box", installed their nickel or dime packages, and OU really struggled. In order to win in today's game, you need a passing game first, and you need to have a credible running threat, and a mobile quarterback that can run from a designed pass play is icing on the cake.

Yes and I think that is what we will have this year.

Widescreen
9/6/2013, 12:26 PM
We haven't been good enough in recent years to make those adjustments very effectively. If we do it well and shut them down this week similar to last week, we just might have something. Can't wait to find out.
We already saw that happen against ULM. After the game, various coaches and players said ULM did a bunch of stuff that they hadn't shown before. And ULM had some limited success moving the ball early in the game. We adjusted and their offense tanked. So I have reason to believe we may be able to do a better job of in-game adjustments this year.

JiminyChristmas
9/6/2013, 03:01 PM
We haven't been good enough in recent years to make those adjustments very effectively. If we do it well and shut them down this week similar to last week, we just might have something. Can't wait to find out.
We already saw that happen against ULM. After the game, various coaches and players said ULM did a bunch of stuff that they hadn't shown before. And ULM had some limited success moving the ball early in the game. We adjusted and their offense tanked. So I have reason to believe we may be able to do a better job of in-game adjustments this year.

You are right, we did see some of it last week already. I just think that even though this WVU offense is nowhere near last year's, Holgerson has just enough mad scientist in him that we will get tested. The 25 pass attempts last week was the fewest in a game by an offense he coached since 2000. Just looks like a setup to me.

Maybe they come out and go 4 wide to one side like Tech did a couple of years ago and get man matchups on Lynn and Hayes. Although it appears Sims is their best player, so they need the ball in his hands.

Who knows. I'm just glad to be looking forward to seeing what the D will do rather than dreading it.

8timechamps
9/6/2013, 11:05 PM
You are right, we did see some of it last week already. I just think that even though this WVU offense is nowhere near last year's, Holgerson has just enough mad scientist in him that we will get tested. The 25 pass attempts last week was the fewest in a game by an offense he coached since 2000. Just looks like a setup to me.

Maybe they come out and go 4 wide to one side like Tech did a couple of years ago and get man matchups on Lynn and Hayes. Although it appears Sims is their best player, so they need the ball in his hands.

Who knows. I'm just glad to be looking forward to seeing what the D will do rather than dreading it.

I am thinking the same thing, Holgerson is crazy enough to try to install (or already installed) some crazy stuff he's never shown before.

In the end, it won't matter, because the worst part of this year's WVU team is their offensive and defensive lines. I can believe he showed absolutely nothing against William and Mary, but there is no hiding the poor performance of the lines. They should have dominated W&M up front, on both sides of the ball, and they didn't.

OU_Sooners75
9/7/2013, 02:33 AM
It doesn't matter if he installs a different package or not. Execution is key as we all know and watching their game from start to finish last week the execution was less than desirable.