PDA

View Full Version : SoonerSportsTV...

sendbaht
8/31/2013, 10:55 PM
Hello my Sooner fans. Tonight, (well morning here) I watched my first Sooner game using SoonerSportsTV...

Living like 12000 miles away from Norman it's nice to know I can now watch the games on HD...Before it was hit or miss using sites like JustinTV and streaming radio but this is super cool. I enjoyed the after game rap up with players and couches, something I have not seen in years. I am more then happy this first week. Lot of games coming up so we will see how it goes, Have a great internet connection here even if I am in the Thailand sticks away from any large towns so all should be good.. Great game to boot!!

Boomer Sooner...

SoonerMarkVA
8/31/2013, 10:57 PM
Yeah, I was very impressed with the feed quality. I too enjoyed getting the pre- and post-game discussion. I like that they threw in the 3 months for buying the PPV as that should give me plenty of time to decide if it's worth it. Based on tonight, I'd have to say yes and I'll continue with annual subscriptions from here on.

sendbaht
8/31/2013, 11:28 PM
SoonerMark...does this 3 months free subscription mean we get all the games played on Saturdays? I think this is what it is all about...

BoomerSooner123
9/1/2013, 01:02 AM
If not for sstv this likely the occasional annual game we can't get. So I am grateful for the PPV. It was a great experience. Much higher quality on the picture than I expected. The announcers lack of knowing frustrated some in our home- but that is where the volume button is handy. But if I have to pay for another this season it will be price gouging.

EatLeadCommie
9/1/2013, 03:03 AM
Got it on PPV and thought it was fairly bush league for the most part, though the feed was nice. I will say though that Dusty D surprised me. Kid may have a future in broadcasting. He is a natural. I can see how he talked Bob into letting him back onto the team.

stoopified
9/1/2013, 05:27 AM
Bought the ppv and thought it was OUtstanding except for the announcers,Got tired of them getting the score wrong,they kept calling Knight Travis and at one point said Coach Mike Stoops is only 8 wins behind Switzer. Those were not all the gaffes,just the lowlights.

cleller
9/1/2013, 07:20 AM
I got the PPV thru Dish, and thought the HD quality, if it actually was HD was fair to poor.

PalmBeachSooner
9/1/2013, 10:00 AM
I watched the game via SSTV. I fed it to my 65 inch HDTV and was very surprised at the quality. The only knock I had was that it as hard to follow the action when the view was wide. Then again it could have been the crown royal that was distorting my vision.

SoonerMarkVA
9/1/2013, 10:04 AM
SoonerMark...does this 3 months free subscription mean we get all the games played on Saturdays? I think this is what it is all about...

I don't think there will be any more live events for FB games unless any of the games the rest of the year aren't picked up by ABC/ESPN and Fox (don't count on it). But you will get to see playbacks of all the games. At least, that's my understanding of the Tier 3 rights. So, hopefully if nothing else, you'll get to see every game on Sunday.

salth2o
9/1/2013, 10:10 AM
Bought the ppv and thought it was OUtstanding except for the announcers,Got tired of them getting the score wrong,they kept calling Knight Travis and at one point said Coach Mike Stoops is only 8 wins behind Switzer. Those were not all the gaffes,just the lowlights.

Shoddy camera work as well.

On the INT they were discussing that the defender wasnt down by contact...smh

bluedogok
9/1/2013, 01:22 PM
It was definitely the Tier III Fox camera crew...

sendbaht
9/1/2013, 11:52 PM
I don't think there will be any more live events for FB games unless any of the games the rest of the year aren't picked up by ABC/ESPN and Fox (don't count on it). But you will get to see playbacks of all the games. At least, that's my understanding of the Tier 3 rights. So, hopefully if nothing else, you'll get to see every game on Sunday.

Was hoping to see the games but this is cool too. Wonder if nothing else they may have a live radio stream of the game? We will you think be able to get some pre game and post game stuff like last week? Hope so....Thanks so much...

MsProudSooner
9/2/2013, 08:39 AM
I bought the game on PPV and this is supposed to get me 3 free months of SoonerSports.tv. Anyone know how I activate the 3 free months?

SoonerMarkVA
9/2/2013, 09:35 AM
I bought the game on PPV and this is supposed to get me 3 free months of SoonerSports.tv. Anyone know how I activate the 3 free months?

Should have been automatic. Try logging in and watching one of the game playbacks from last year. If it lets you, then you're good. If not, write them and ask.

ouflak
9/2/2013, 09:47 AM
My biggest disappointment is that I couldn't just have the audio. Doing the PPV from overseas is not really an option I like to explore because of the potential bandwidth issues that still linger. I signed up though thinking that I'd still atleast be able to just get an audio stream. I actually had to go to a radio website to get to listen to the game.

It's also kind of sad that they are exclusive now. When they were with CBS ULive (All Access), for just $5 more a month, I could get loads of audio streams for other games of interest. I had to cancel that as I simply can't justify spending that much money for stuff that for the most part I won't listen to or watch.

As a result, I really haven't had an opportunity to really use any of the 'premium' parts of this service yet. Hopefully the WVU game will offer an audio-only possibility.