PDA

View Full Version : Are White Progressives Suffering From Borderline Personality Disorder?

FaninAma
8/31/2013, 04:36 PM
I'll let you decide for yourself. From Strong feelings of guilt(i.e. white guilt)to the tendency to make most decisions based on pure emotion, self-loathing and distrust of others I really think so. I guess it is true that liberalism is a mental disorder.

http://www.echo.me.uk/bpd2.htm

Why they love big government:

As a result of their lack of self-esteem they tend to choose dominant partners who are able to give their life purpose and meaning through association. They fear abandonment which is either real (such as the impending break up of a relationship) or imaginary e.g. distrust of a partners fidelity. They also undertake in behaviour that perpetuates their own abandonment.

Curly Bill
8/31/2013, 05:22 PM
I think it's just easiest to say progressives, whether they be white or some other color, are losers.

diverdog
9/1/2013, 01:54 AM
I'll let you decide for yourself. From Strong feelings of guilt(i.e. white guilt)to the tendency to make most decisions based on pure emotion, self-loathing and distrust of others I really think so. I guess it is true that liberalism is a mental disorder.

http://www.echo.me.uk/bpd2.htm

Why they love big government:

Have you been sharing the gas with the anesthesiologist again? :)

FaninAma
9/1/2013, 10:12 AM
Have you been sharing the gas with the anesthesiologist again? :)

No, just trying to find a reason why liberals looooooove big government stepping in and controlling all aspects of our society. Borderline personality individuals also feel they are unable to compete equally based on their own talents. The biggest characteristic is that borderline personality types continue to engage is behavior that is self-destructive. Now who does that sound like?

So Curly is right. It is all progressives who seemingly suffer from this disorder.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/1/2013, 10:51 AM
I don't know anyone who identifies himself or herself as a white progressive.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/1/2013, 11:59 AM
I think it's just easiest to say progressives, whether they be white or some other color, are losers.
Bingo!!!

diverdog
9/1/2013, 12:07 PM
No, just trying to find a reason why liberals looooooove big government stepping in and controlling all aspects of our society. Borderline personality individuals also feel they are unable to compete equally based on their own talents. The biggest characteristic is that borderline personality types continue to engage is behavior that is self-destructive. Now who does that sound like?

So Curly is right. It is all progressives who seemingly suffer from this disorder.

Seems to me the conservatives in this country are no better,...they like controlling our lives in the bedroom, church, our drugs...I could go on. Every single Republican President has increased the size and scope of government including Ronald Reagan.

FaninAma
9/1/2013, 05:33 PM
Please tell me how the Republicans control what we do in Church and in the bedroom. Please be specific. I don't remember anybody telling the gays they couldn't engage in whatever form of sexual deviation they want to in the privacy of their own bedroom. And if I want to go to a church that worships snakes I have every right to do that.

The borderline personality leftists are the ones who want big daddy government to force everybody to approve of their socially deviant lifestyles.

yermom
9/1/2013, 06:03 PM
So you want the government to tell gays who to marry?

How much more intrusion into daily life can you get?

olevetonahill
9/1/2013, 06:22 PM

Where in THIS thread did anyone say that?

okiewaker
9/1/2013, 06:25 PM
Diver has bought into network MSM,,,,he/she is espousing the FALSE narrative the MSM espouses. Anyway,,,Liberals/Progressives do exhibit Borderline Personality traits,,,most also have Elevated Ankle Syndrome which is why outfits like Planned Parenthood are full to the gills.

FaninAma
9/1/2013, 06:25 PM

By alll means lets encourage lifestyles that contribute to the demographic catastrophe waiting for us in 20 to 30 years if the current population trends continue. But that's not the issue being discussed. The fact that an individual state doesn't recognize a gay marriage doesn't mean that gay couple can't engage in whatever activity lights their candke in the privacy if their own bedroom.

If gay marriage has to be recognized so should polygamy.

yermom
9/1/2013, 06:54 PM
why should i care?

which population trends would those be? not enough white people?

Turd_Ferguson
9/1/2013, 07:28 PM
why should i care?

which population trends would those be? not enough white people?
Why do you hate being white?

Curly Bill
9/1/2013, 07:32 PM

I think there's a lot of truth in that question!

yermom
9/1/2013, 07:36 PM
i'm not obsessed with the idea that white people won't be the majority in this country if trends continue

Curly Bill
9/1/2013, 07:39 PM
i'd be happy with the idea that white people won't be the majority in this country if trends continue

FIFY

yermom
9/1/2013, 07:45 PM
and what solution do you have to that "problem"?

Curly Bill
9/1/2013, 07:49 PM
and what solution do you have to that "problem"?

I don't think there necessarily is a solution. It is what it is, and it contributes to us electing "leaders" like Obammy. Naw, I don't think there is a solution, I think we've crested the hill and are headed down it.

soonercruiser
9/1/2013, 07:56 PM

Chris Matthews would be my best example - including borderline psychotic.

okiewaker
9/1/2013, 07:57 PM
Ill be surprised if a repub or conservative is ever elected again. The amount of ppl voting who depend on gov is ever increasing, and they dayum sure aren't going to vote for someone for whom speaks of self reliance and getting off the gov teet. We are doomed!

Curly Bill
9/1/2013, 08:00 PM
Chris Matthews would be my best example - including borderline psychotic.

I'm almost tempted to watch Matthews just because I want to see it when he totally melts down on screen and ends up institutionalized - it's gonna be hilarious!

soonercruiser
9/1/2013, 08:11 PM
He has already melted down several times.
But, most of the psychologists are also insane and don't recognize it.

Curly Bill
9/1/2013, 08:17 PM
He has already melted down several times.
But, most of the psychologists are also insane and don't recognize it.

True, true, true, but I wanna see the big one! The one that puts him out of his misery. That being said: I can't bear to watch the guy, so I'll just have to see it on the news reports.

soonercruiser
9/1/2013, 08:22 PM
Chris Matthews is one of those a****loes that I would gladly go to jail just for the chance to bust his ugly face!

FaninAma
9/1/2013, 08:36 PM
i'm not obsessed with the idea that white people won't be the majority in this country if trends continue

Not asking you to be obssessed by it....just be cognizant that there is a direct correlation between a dwindling western European demographic and a dwindling quality of life. The only non-western European country that gets any mention as a high quality of life country is Japan.

if you disagree please tell me which country you would choose to live in if you could not lve in a country in which whites of European dcent weren't the major demographic group.

FaninAma
9/1/2013, 08:41 PM
Ill be surprised if a repub or conservative is ever elected again. The amount of ppl voting who depend on gov is ever increasing, and they dayum sure aren't going to vote for someone for whom speaks of self reliance and getting off the gov teet. We are doomed!

I am absolutely sure that the vast majority of Democratic voters neither grasp or care about the consequences of the programs championed and promoted by the politicians they support.

diverdog
9/1/2013, 09:57 PM
Please tell me how the Republicans control what we do in Church and in the bedroom. Please be specific. I don't remember anybody telling the gays they couldn't engage in whatever form of sexual deviation they want to in the privacy of their own bedroom. And if I want to go to a church that worships snakes I have every right to do that.

The borderline personality leftists are the ones who want big daddy government to force everybody to approve of their socially deviant lifestyles.

Seriously:

How about sodomy laws? The teaching of creationism, school prayers (christian prayers), anti muslim legislation, the hanging of the ten commandments in places of law, covenant laws on marriage. The war on drugs, blue laws, etc. Now I agree with the Republicans on this but they do advocate banning the burning of the flag through legislation. A protected First Amendment right. And then my pet peeve...in some conservative states the banning of strip joints and gambling. :(

Here read this:

http://archives.politicususa.com/2011/08/24/big-government-obama-reagan.html

The fact is the right loves the government every bit as much as the left. And to prove my point further look how many government employees post on this board who are conservative.

yermom
9/1/2013, 10:07 PM
Not asking you to be obssessed by it....just be cognizant that there is a direct correlation between a dwindling western European demographic and a dwindling quality of life. The only non-western European country that gets any mention as a high quality of life country is Japan.

if you disagree please tell me which country you would choose to live in if you could not lve in a country in which whites of European dcent weren't the major demographic group.

which mostly European demographic small government utopia is it that you would like to model us after?

FaninAma
9/1/2013, 10:33 PM
which mostly European demographic small government utopia is it that you would like to model us after?

http://money.ca.msn.com/savings-debt/gallery/best-countries-to-live-in#image=11

most of those countries have lower corporate tax rates and lower or similiar personal income tax rates.

yermom
9/1/2013, 10:49 PM
so that's what all your whining is about? taxes?

you don't think they have progressive governments in the those countries?

how about labor laws? gun control? health care? religion? free speech? abortion?

i'd love to see how the standard right wing talking points compare in those countries.

FaninAma
9/2/2013, 10:02 AM
so that's what all your whining is about? taxes?

you don't think they have progressive governments in the those countries?

how about labor laws? gun control? health care? religion? free speech? abortion?

i'd love to see how the standard right wing talking points compare on those countries.

I'm not whining about anything. I only mentioned taxes because those in the left always claim we are under-taxed compared to the rest of the world. Do you notice that Germany and France don't appear on those lists ? I'll let you ponder why for a minute before I explain why.

BTW,I am not right wing. You should know that by now.

yermom
9/2/2013, 11:48 AM
are you ever not cryptic?

i'd wager every country on the list you linked has more intrusive government than ours, but what, less diversity? tighter borders? what makes it so idyllic?

FaninAma
9/2/2013, 06:49 PM
are you ever not cryptic?

i'd wager every country on the list you linked has more intrusive government than ours, but what, less diversity? tighter borders? what makes it so idyllic?
Intrusive in what way? An NSA sort of way?

Here's the crux of the matter and it is an issue I really don't have the answer to: Are there as many people in the countries on that list who have little or no investment in paying for the government gifts they receive as there are in this country? You see, I have no problem with a population voting for gifts from the public treasury IF most of those voting for the gifts are also adding to the public treasury. That's where demographics come into play. Which groups are net takers and which groups are net contributors. Identify this and then do something to correct the inequality.

And I am all for getting large corporations off the public dole, also.

diverdog
9/2/2013, 09:21 PM
http://money.ca.msn.com/savings-debt/gallery/best-countries-to-live-in#image=11

most of those countries have lower corporate tax rates and lower or similiar personal income tax rates.

What you leave out is the difference between the statutory rate and the effective rate. There were years where Exxon paid no corporate taxes. Is that low enough? The average rate is around 13%.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/07/01/news/economy/corporate-tax-rate/index.html

XingTheRubicon
9/4/2013, 07:51 AM
Back to the original post, look at divorced women vs. married women demos. It's staggering. If women have any value, and are kept in the family...they vote almost 2/3 conservative. However, if they're divorced, worthless, abandoned and unwanted...they vote over 2/3 the other way. You know, for their new baby daddy. Think Janeane Garafalo.

diverdog
9/4/2013, 09:35 AM
Back to the original post, look at divorced women vs. married women demos. It's staggering. If women have any value, and are kept in the family...they vote almost 2/3 conservative. However, if they're divorced, worthless, abandoned and unwanted...they vote over 2/3 the other way. You know, for their new baby daddy. Think Janeane Garafalo.

With post like this there is a reason the Republicans are losing women voter. Xing how about the dickhead husband who abandons his family and pays no child support? Are all single mothers in your mind not of any value or worth? That seems to be what you are implying.

BTW conservatives will be sucking off the tit of government a lot more than the poor. The elderly by and large vote GOP and guess where the huge explosion in the debt is occurring? It ain't Welfare.

okie52
9/4/2013, 09:39 AM
With post like this there is a reason the Republicans are losing women voter. Xing how about the dickhead husband who abandons his family and pays no child support? Are all single mothers in your mind not of any value or worth? That seems to be what you are implying.

BTW conservatives will be sucking off the tit of government a lot more than the poor. The elderly by and large vote GOP and guess where the huge explosion in the debt is occurring? It ain't Welfare.

Are you saying SS is welfare?

FaninAma
9/4/2013, 12:25 PM

Who allows and enables the dickhead father to not live up to the responsibility for the children he fathers? There is always an enabler for persistent poor behavior. In these cases it is more than one.....the woman who has no self-respect about who she sleeps with and the government who likes to reward poor personal choices and bad behavior because it fosters dependency.

Diver, I know you are intelligent but I get the distinct impression that you avoid examining these issues in depth because you are uncomfortable with holding people responsile for their own choices.

jkjsooner
9/4/2013, 01:19 PM
By alll means lets encourage lifestyles that contribute to the demographic catastrophe waiting for us in 20 to 30 years if the current population trends continue.

What does gay people have to do with this trend? Those people weren't having biological kids with or without gay marriage. Maybe a few would have sham marriages which ultimately ends in disaster as the father's true identity is revealed leaving the kids in a dysfunctional family.

jkjsooner
9/4/2013, 01:32 PM
What you leave out is the difference between the statutory rate and the effective rate. There were years where Exxon paid no corporate taxes. Is that low enough? The average rate is around 13%.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/07/01/news/economy/corporate-tax-rate/index.html

Also I don't think many of these include value added taxes which we don't have in the U.S. Essentially the comparison of corporate tax rates are an apples/oranges comparison.

KantoSooner
9/4/2013, 02:24 PM
If we were, for purposes of argument, to grant that 'progressives' exhibit borderline personality disorder, who might we assume are described by the following?

"Paranoia /ˌpærəˈnɔɪə/ (adjective: paranoid /ˈpærənɔɪd/) is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion. Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs, or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself. (e.g. "Everyone is out to get me.")

Making false accusations and the general distrust of others also frequently accompany paranoia. For example, an incident most people would view as an accident or coincidence, a paranoid person might believe was intentional."

I couldn't think of a better way to describe the thinking of the tea party/"take back Amurica" types I know.

Hey, if the shoe fits...

(and, Dayum people, that one was sitting on top of the net just waiting to get spiked. Get with the program!)

KantoSooner
9/4/2013, 04:38 PM
Intrigued by this line of inquiry, I sat myself down and took a psychiatric diagnostic test. Not using my responses, of course, but rather a pastiche of the responses I felt most appropriately matched a panel of our posters. Here are the results. Don't blame me, blame medical science!

You had symptoms in one category of disorders covered in this test. This suggests that you should probably consult with a mental health professional for further testing or treatment, especially if you are distressed about the symptoms you are experiencing. There is most certainly a treatment out there that will help improve the symptoms you are experiencing.

The following is the area of concern detected by the screening:

Relational Difficulties

Your responses indicated that your relationships are at least in some way dysfunctional, and may be causing problems in your life. While not an official diagnosis in the DSM IV, there has been some discussion about adding relationship issues to the next edition. The bottom line is that if you are unhappy with the way you relate with others, or feel that a particular relationship you have with someone is unhealthy, seeking help from a therapist can help you resolve these issues.

Symptoms Detected

You show symptoms of several mental health disorders. While they have not reached the level of full diagnosis, seeking the advice of a therapist is recommended, as the symptoms may become overwhelming, more frequent, and more serious.

Major Depressive Disorder

Your responses indicate that you have some symptoms of Major Depressive Disorder, but not enough for a full diagnosis. A person with this disorder feels unhappy, sad or empty most of the time, and these feelings cannot be explained by a recent loss or by a medical condition.

The DSM-IV states that the signs and symptoms of Major Depressive Disorder in adults are as follows:

At least one of the first two symptoms and at least five in total from the following:

◦An abnormally sad, low, or empty mood that spans most of every day, for at least two weeks.
◦Loss of interest and pleasure in activities that are normally found to be enjoyable.
◦Changes in appetite or abnormal weight loss or weight gain.
◦Sleep difficulty - either sleeping too much or suffering from insomnia or early waking.
◦Appearance of being abnormally energetic or agitated or, conversely, being unusually sluggish.
◦Extreme fatigue and lowered energy level.
◦Feelings of guilt and regret of personal decisions.
◦Lack of concentration and inability to make decisions.
◦Thoughts of death and suicide.
There are many treatments available for depression - many different medications, along with various forms of psychotherapy. One method that many people find particularly helpful is Cognitive Therapy, during which you can learn methods to address the depressive thoughts and negative self-talk that are common in this disorder.

Suicide Prevention Hotlines and Resources:

If you are thinking of suicide, please do reach out to get the help you need. Here are some links and phone numbers that can get you started:

In the United States:

1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433)

In Canada, the United States and Internationally, click here and follow the links to your country or area:

If you are unable to find resources on your own, see a physician or go to an emergency room - someone there should be able to help you. Do not suffer in silence.

Manic Episodes

You appear to have showed some signs of experiencing a manic episode. People who experience manic episodes have times when they feel extreme emotional "highs" accompanied by a variety of other symptoms, such as racing thoughts, extreme talkativeness, and reduced need for sleep, among others.

According to the DSM-IV, a manic episode consists of the following:

◦A discrete period of time when there is an extremely elevated or expansive mood, or high levels of irritability.
As well as three or more of the following symptoms:

◦Exaggerated sense of self-esteem or grandiosity.
◦Greatly reduced need for sleep.
◦Excessive talkativeness and feeling of internal pressure to keep talking.
◦Thoughts race quickly and change rapidly from topic to topic.
◦More easily distracted than usual.
◦Increase in goal-setting activity or in unproductive physical activity, such as fidgeting, pacing, or finger-tapping.
◦Risky, impulsive, and unconsidered behavior, with the potential for serious and long-term consequences (e.g. reckless spending, sex with strangers, foolish business decisions).
The symptoms must be severe enough to disrupt functioning in important life areas, such as the ability to function at work, to have healthy relationships, and to take care of oneself. If hospitalization is required, this criterion is considered to have been met.

If you feel that your symptoms are a problem for you, speaking with a professional therapist or psychiatrist, or a medical professional is your first step towards obtaining help. The most effective treatment for Bipolar Disorder appears to be pharmaceutical drugs, in particular lithium, anticonvulsant mood stabilizers, and atypical antipsychotic drugs. Cognitive Therapy might also be useful for Bipolar patients, mostly to assist in understanding the illness, dealing with its consequences, preventing relapse (monitoring symptoms and adjusting medications before a full-blown relapse occurs), and ensuring adherence to the drug regime.

Bipolar Disorder

You appear to have some symptoms of Bipolar Disorder, but not enough to meet all the criteria for a diagnosis. A person is considered to have this disorder if they have experienced one or more Manic episodes or Mixed episodes (a Mixed episode refers to manic episodes interspersed with depressive episodes in quick succession).

According to the DSM-IV, these are the criteria for a Manic episode, the main requirement for Bipolar disorder:

◦A discrete period of time where there is an extremely elevated or expansive mood, or high levels of irritability.
As well as three or more of the following symptoms:

◦Exaggerated sense of self-esteem or grandiosity.
◦Need for sleep is greatly reduced.
◦Excessive talkativeness and feeling of pressure to keep talking.
◦Thoughts race quickly and change rapidly from topic to topic.
◦The individual is more easily distracted than usual.
◦Increase in goal-setting activity or in unproductive physical activity, such as fidgeting, pacing, or finger-tapping.
◦Taking part in risky, impulsive, and unconsidered behavior, with the potential for serious and long-term consequences (reckless spending, sex with strangers, foolish business decisions).
The symptoms must be severe enough to disrupt functioning in important life areas, such as the ability to function at work, to have healthy relationships, and to take care of oneself. If hospitalization is required, this criterion is considered to have been met.

There are a number of similar disorders in the Bipolar spectrum. If you are concerned about the symptoms you might be experiencing related to this disorder, speaking with a professional therapist, psychiatrist, or a medical professional is your first step towards obtaining a definite diagnosis. The most effective treatment for Bipolar Disorder appears to be pharmaceutical drugs, in particular lithium, anticonvulsant mood stabilizers, and atypical antipsychotic drugs. Cognitive Therapy might also be useful for Bipolar patients, mostly to assist in understanding the illness, dealing with its consequences, preventing relapse (monitoring symptoms and adjusting medications before a full-blown relapse occurs), and ensuring adherence to the drug regime.

Suicide Prevention Hotlines and Resources:

If you are thinking of suicide, please do reach out to get the help you need. Here are some links and phone numbers that can get you started.

In the United States:

1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433)

In Canada, the United States and Internationally, click here and follow the links to your country or area:

If you are unable to find resources on your own, see a physician or go to an emergency room - someone there should be able to help you. Do not suffer in silence.

Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Your answers indicate that you show some of the signs of Generalized Anxiety Disorder, but not enough of them to meet all the criteria. People suffering with this disorder are on edge most of the time, with no obvious precipitating event. This is a very common disorder and there are many effective treatments available.

The DSM-IV states that the following signs and symptoms must be apparent for a diagnosis of Generalized Anxiety Disorder to be made:

◦The individual must experience excessive anxiety and worry more days than not for a minimum of six months. The concern must be about a number of different events or areas of life, not focused on one or two specific issues.
◦The person must have a difficult time controlling his or her worry.
◦The anxiety and worry must be associated with at least three of the following physical or emotional symptoms:
◦Feelings of restlessness, edginess, or unease.
◦Feeling easily fatigued.
◦Difficulty maintaining concentration or a feeling of his or her mind going blank.
◦Irritability.
◦Tense muscles.
◦Sleep disturbance in the form of insomnia or difficulty staying asleep, or feeling unsatisfied with his or her sleep.
◦The anxiety and worry must not occur solely as a result of another disorder, such as Social Phobia, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Anorexia or Bulimia, Post-Traumatic Disorder, Panic Disorder, Somatization Disorder, or Hypochondriasis.
◦The anxiety, worry and accompanying physical and emotional symptoms must cause the person distress or lead to impairment of his or her functioning at work, in his or her personal life, or in other life areas.
◦The anxiety is not due to a physical condition or drug use (illegal or medical), and does not occur only during a mood disorder such as Depression, in the course of a Psychotic Disorder, or due to a Pervasive Developmental Disorder (such as Autism).
Treatments for Generalized Anxiety Disorder include anti-anxiety medications, relaxation therapy, and Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy.

Agoraphobia without Panic Disorder

From your responses, it seems that you show some of the signs of Agoraphobia without Panic Disorder. Agoraphobics who are not also suffering from Panic Disorder have a great deal of fear about being in situations where escape would be difficult or embarrassing, but do not have enough symptoms of panic attacks to quality for a Panic Disorder diagnoses.

The DSM-IV criteria for Agoraphobia without Panic Disorder are as follows:

◦Worry and anxiety about being in places or situations where escape in the event of an unexpected or situationally predisposed panic attack would be difficult, or where help might not be available should an attack occur. Fear-inducing situations include leaving the house or other secure area alone, being in a crowded place, waiting in line, being on a bridge, or being in a car, train or airplane.
◦The person avoids these situations, requires the company of others in order to take part in them, or endures them with a great deal of anxiety or even panic attacks.
◦The criteria have never been met for Panic Disorder.
◦The symptoms are not due to another disorder, such as Social Phobia (e.g. if they occurred mostly in social situations), Specific Phobia (e.g., if they had only one type of situation or object that caused them to experience attacks), Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, or Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (in response to things that remind them of the difficult scenario).
◦The problems are not a direct result of the use of a substance, whether medical or illegal.
◦If a medical condition is present, the worry and anxiety is very clearly above and beyond what is merited by the medical condition.
Agoraphobics often find their lives highly limited by their condition. It can be difficult for them even to leave the house. In order to live their lives to the fullest, they find they must seek treatment. The choice of treatment often includes anti-anxiety medications, exposure therapy, which slowly builds up from mildly frightening situations to more frightening ones, or learning techniques to reduce anxiety.

okie52
9/4/2013, 05:01 PM
If we were, for purposes of argument, to grant that 'progressives' exhibit borderline personality disorder, who might we assume are described by the following?

"Paranoia /ˌpærəˈnɔɪə/ (adjective: paranoid /ˈpærənɔɪd/) is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion. Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs, or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself. (e.g. "Everyone is out to get me.")

Making false accusations and the general distrust of others also frequently accompany paranoia. For example, an incident most people would view as an accident or coincidence, a paranoid person might believe was intentional."

I couldn't think of a better way to describe the thinking of the tea party/"take back Amurica" types I know.

Hey, if the shoe fits...

(and, Dayum people, that one was sitting on top of the net just waiting to get spiked. Get with the program!)

Just say "fracking" to see where the shoe fits....

FaninAma
9/4/2013, 07:37 PM
Ah, Kanto. You finally took the bait. I wondered how long it was going to take. I do suggest you not disqualify yourself from your self-examination exercise. I know I certainly haven't. :D

But here's the catch. Although some of us (or all of us) may exhibit some signs of psychiatric dysfunction it seems that it is only certain segments that demand the federal government validate their mental illness. The rest of us continue to get up every morning and go through the daily grind without asking for special victim status.

diverdog
9/4/2013, 08:56 PM
Are you saying SS is welfare?

If they take out more than they put it in then yes it is welfare.

diverdog
9/4/2013, 09:08 PM
Who allows and enables the dickhead father to not live up to the responsibility for the children he fathers? There is always an enabler for persistent poor behavior. In these cases it is more than one.....the woman who has no self-respect about who she sleeps with and the government who likes to reward poor personal choices and bad behavior because it fosters dependency.

Diver, I know you are intelligent but I get the distinct impression that you avoid examining these issues in depth because you are uncomfortable with holding people responsile for their own choices.

Fanin:

There are lots of single moms who are abandoned by their husbands and get no child support. Worse yet they are left with all the bills. I see it all the time in banking. I lay a lot of the guilt on the men not the women. They are usually stuck with the bills and the kids. Other than getting pregnant they are the ones taking care of their kids and taking some modicum of personal responsibility. We need laws that force fathers to pay child support or they should be stuck on chain gangs at hard labor paying for their kids. ( I am being a little facetious here).

diverdog
9/4/2013, 09:09 PM
Also I don't think many of these include value added taxes which we don't have in the U.S. Essentially the comparison of corporate tax rates are an apples/oranges comparison.

Good point.

I still do not think it would hurt to lower corporate taxes to drive more business stateside.

diverdog
9/4/2013, 09:12 PM
Ah, Kanto. You finally took the bait. I wondered how long it was going to take. I do suggest you not disqualify yourself from your self-examination exercise. I know I certainly haven't. :D

But here's the catch. Although some of us (or all of) may exhibit some signs of psychiatric dysfunction it seems that it is only certain segments that demand the federal government validate their mental illness. The rest of us continue to get up every morning and go through the daily grind without asking for special victim status.

Pfft, I do not need a test telling me I am one f***ed up dude. My phobia with germs would drive most insane. Lol

okie52
9/4/2013, 09:18 PM
If they take out more than they put it in then yes it is welfare.

Well then you don't support our current SS system...I'd be happy to see it changed to be proportionate but that's not the deal the government is making with the public.

You want to guess which group is getting screwed more by the current arrangement...the dems or pubs?

yermom
9/4/2013, 09:43 PM
young people?

FaninAma
9/4/2013, 09:43 PM
Fanin:

There are lots of single moms who are abandoned by their husbands and get no child support. Worse yet they are left with all the bills. I see it all the time in banking. I lay a lot of the guilt on the men not the women. They are usually stuck with the bills and the kids. Other than getting pregnant they are the ones taking care of their kids and taking some modicum of personal responsibility. We need laws that force fathers to pay child support or they should be stuck on chain gangs at hard labor paying for their kids. ( I am being a little facetious here).

Again, state and federal governments enable worthless men to abandon their children but there are also plenty of women who make poor choices in who they engage in sex with outside of marriage. I see lots of children of single mothers who were never married. I see some children whose fathers divorced their mothers and then were financially abandoned by their fathers. The number of the former far out-weigh the latter.

yermom
9/4/2013, 09:45 PM
yet sex ed and cheap/free birth control is out of the question?

okie52
9/4/2013, 09:47 PM
young people?

Of course not....as long as the ponzi scheme keeps growing....

Didn't you know the illegals are going to be the cure all?

FaninAma
9/4/2013, 09:50 PM

http://www.reproductiveaccess.org/contraception/lowcost_pills.htm

About 30 cents a day.

Barrier meathods of birth control are even cheaper.

okie52
9/4/2013, 09:50 PM

Shouldn't be....

diverdog
9/5/2013, 04:54 AM
Again, state and federal governments enable worthless men to abandon their children but there are also plenty of women who make poor choices in who they engage in sex with outside of marriage. I see lots of children of single mothers who were never married. I see some children whose fathers divorced their mothers and then were financially abandoned by their fathers. The number of the former far out-weigh the latter.

No doubt. My point is that fathers need to be held accountable and support their kids. It should not be the taxpayer. I do not mind helping but both parties should have skin in the game.

KantoSooner
9/5/2013, 08:27 AM

So, your original post was nothing other than a word game attempting to draw me out to play? I'm flattered. Here I thought it was a descent into argumentum ad hominum.

You and Okie do so much better when you argue points rather than the 'you're ugly and your mom dresses you funny' stuff.

Still, I found the psych survey to be fascinating what with all the conclusions about persecution and dissociation from reality all on the basis of a few responses I input regarding feelings of distress over an 'out of control' world that wasn't 'fair.

Play on!

FaninAma
9/5/2013, 10:04 AM
So, your original post was nothing other than a word game attempting to draw me out to play? I'm flattered. Here I thought it was a descent into argumentum ad hominum.

You and Okie do so much better when you argue points rather than the 'you're ugly and your mom dresses you funny' stuff.

Still, I found the psych survey to be fascinating what with all the conclusions about persecution and dissociation from reality all on the basis of a few responses I input regarding feelings of distress over an 'out of control' world that wasn't 'fair.

Play on!
The point of the original post was to look at reasons people are motivated to vote the way they do. I fully expected an astute reader to flip the argument around and point out that those who dislike government involvement in every aspect of our lives probably exhibit some dysfunctional psychiatric tendencies.

Again, I find it compelling that a large segment of the population feels so helpless and has such low self-esteem regarding their own abilities that they seek refuge in the bosom of a impersonal, uncaring protector like the federal government.

Bourbon St Sooner
9/5/2013, 10:16 AM
I'll say it. All of you people are ****ed up.

okie52
9/5/2013, 10:33 AM

Play on!

Uh oh...a shot across the bow...

Personal attacks and straying from the point? Please elaborate.

KantoSooner
9/5/2013, 10:50 AM
Sometimes it takes a village of idiots. And, by god, I'll be the first idiot to step forward when called.