PDA

View Full Version : After yet another example of NCAA enforcement ineptness . . .

Jacie
8/31/2013, 10:42 AM
. . . (talking, of course, about Johnny Manziel's halfgame suspension for an unspecified violation) should the whole division be done away with (think of the money they would save!) and schools just do whatever they want in terms of recruiting, doling out scholarships, player compensation, etc.?

I mean seriously, the consequences are seemingly meted out at random, some schools getting the axe (Penn State), some getting the fly-swatter (Texas A&M), and others getting nothing at all (Auburn), with a whole slew of schools falling in-between and amongst those examples (Miami, Ohio State and USC).

Perhaps it is time to start from scratch.

Throw out the enforcement people, the rulebook and all preconceived notions as to standards of conduct and let the chips fall where they may.

Do this for a season or two or three, see what the product on the field looks like and then let the presidents, AD's and coaches reconvene (unless the consensus is everyone is happy living in a land where everyone is truly equal i.e. all are allowed to do what they want with the resources they can muster) to hammer out a path to normalcy rather than continue on the current road of hypocrisy.

If so, then no matter what, do not allow anyone in the NCAA to have a say as to what those rules are or how they are to be monitored and enforced.

If ever there was a time to throw out the baby with the bath water, this is it.

cherokeebrewer
8/31/2013, 10:57 AM
Throw out the enforcement people, the rulebook and all preconceived notions as to standards of conduct and let the chips fall where they may.

While most of us agree, the NCAA hypocrisy road is well traveled...if college football were to ever become an 'anything goes' free for all...I'm out