PDA

View Full Version : Intro video for 2013!

DrZaius
8/31/2013, 08:59 AM
Anyone have a link or clue as to it's location?

SoonerInFortSmith
8/31/2013, 11:24 AM
You're such a tease!

8timechamps
8/31/2013, 04:24 PM
I'm late to this thread, but just as an FYI, SoonerSports announced earlier in the summer that the video was not going to be pre-released this year. The first viewing will be about an hour and a half from now...at the game. Hopefully, it'll be available online tonight.

boomersooner28
8/31/2013, 04:51 PM
Bastages

badger
8/31/2013, 05:23 PM
They showed it on ppv last year so if u all are going that route too you'll probably see it too

OUTrumpet
8/31/2013, 06:49 PM
They showed it on ppv last year so if u all are going that route too you'll probably see it too

They did not show it this year.

instigator
8/31/2013, 07:50 PM
It was definitely different. Kind of Def Jam Poetry

Phil
8/31/2013, 07:53 PM
The intro video sucked almost as bad as the band pregame show.

badger
8/31/2013, 08:09 PM

Details do share

5noubus
8/31/2013, 09:50 PM
I was not impressed either.
Last year I got goose bumps during the intro , year before I almost cried , this year I got bored.
It was like " that was nice ,now start the intro"

SoonerBOkie
8/31/2013, 09:57 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=3046156&db_oem_id=31000

proudsoonergal
8/31/2013, 10:22 PM
Yeah. Meh. Best part was Millard's "BOOM." The rest was well done but boring.

salth2o
8/31/2013, 10:37 PM
meh

sooneron
8/31/2013, 10:43 PM
Horrible.

boomersooner28
8/31/2013, 11:17 PM
That. Intro. Video. BLOWS.

cvsooner
8/31/2013, 11:27 PM
You guys must be all old fat white men. That's excellent. Extremely well done. I can assure you that recruits in the stadium will be very impressed.

Soonerwake
8/31/2013, 11:36 PM
I'm an old fat white guy, but I kinda liked it..

Soonerus
9/1/2013, 12:45 AM
I think it was. C level production....

Blue
9/1/2013, 01:10 AM
I liked it. especially Switzer.

EatLeadCommie
9/1/2013, 03:11 AM
It's ok. Well done and put together, but I don't really care for the beatnik element of it. I also think that it's fairly obvious they made that video before TK was named starter. "Before the final bell is rung." Yeah. That's totally for Blake Bell.

stoopified
9/1/2013, 04:56 AM
meh DITTO

DrZaius
9/1/2013, 07:22 AM
You guys must be all old fat white men. That's excellent. Extremely well done. I can assure you that recruits in the stadium will be very impressed.

I agree, I liked it. Very well done.

colleyvillesooner
9/1/2013, 07:54 AM
Meh. Did nothing on the level of the previous ones to get the crowd pumped.

Ends, then we cut to the long walk of the sooners, while the cool music plays...nope. Just cut to sooners standing under the inflatable schooner. For about 30 sec. Then they run out.

I still don't get why no sees how much better it was when the last line ended and the team stormed the field. Not energizing at all.

NorthernIowaSooner
9/1/2013, 11:55 AM
Pretty dull, I used to get goosebumps when a heisman trophy winner would say "5 hesiman trophy winners" and the such. I thought at the beginning it might be a cool concept but it was pretty boring all told.

IamBigRed
9/1/2013, 03:25 PM
The production was good but it was geared towards the students/under 30 set. It wasn't that they changed up the pregame for the band, but where was the band? I figure it is at least 100 members smaller than last year. They didn't have enough members to fill the rows from sideline to sideline when they came out on the field. Did a quarter of them quit or did the band budget get cut and they can't have that big a band anymore? You couldn't hear them very well in the upper deck.

Therealsouthsider
9/1/2013, 08:09 PM
...I thought it was ok, not too stirring emotionally as others in the past. Maybe in the next 10-20 years technology will allow the intro video to be projected as a 3D holograph onto the field...now that would rock!

ss

SoonerKnight
9/2/2013, 12:06 AM
It was a good video sets up for the second video. Switzer was the best part. He gave pep speeches mad.

badger
9/2/2013, 08:09 AM
oh man i bet that bell really hurt some of your heads at the stadium :D

*dingdingdingdingding*

other than that, i thought it was fine

I Am Right
9/3/2013, 08:44 PM
Anyone have a link or clue as to it's location?

You dont want a link, not good!

C&CDean
9/3/2013, 09:30 PM
Am I the only mother****er who couldn't GAF about the video as long as the team wins every game? Videos are for homos. Winning the ****ing ball game is for me.

C&CDean
9/3/2013, 09:33 PM
Or to put it another way, if your team isn't good enough to scare the dog**** out of them and get you pumped up then I damn sure guarantee you a cheesy video won't be either.

C&CDean
9/3/2013, 09:35 PM
And please don't anybody say "what about the pride?" Meh.

8timechamps
9/4/2013, 12:43 PM
The intro video did nothing for me.

For those saying that it's for the younger generation, my 13 year old son said "what is this?" when I showed it to him. He thought it was "okay".

The boxing theme was pretty cool, but it just didn't get me excited.

badger
9/4/2013, 12:48 PM
It looked and sounded better online than it did in the stadium. Check out from this perspective:
MUWAhgXveE4

No wonder the crowd sounded kind of wtf.

BigJerm7
9/4/2013, 04:24 PM
Yeah, the crowd at the game didn't really seem in to it.

I think it helps get the crowd pumped up when it's good. Utilize the tradition of the program. Gets me pumped up to see the old black and white videos, Jason White throwing the deep ball, Switzer, some heisman trohphies, the Boz, Billy Sims, Roy Williams, etc. Some dude that thinks he's Run DMC doesn't really do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upT3bWywSgU

Scott D
9/4/2013, 04:27 PM
I'd say likely because they've expected a certain type of video over the past few years. Enough to be in a mindset of "Which former legends will we get to be on the videos this year?" It's nice to go in a different direction, but an intro video is supposed to create some hype. Based on that video, Joe C would have been better off using that time for more ads on Soonervision.

colleyvillesooner
9/4/2013, 04:42 PM
It looked and sounded better online than it did in the stadium. Check out from this perspective:
MUWAhgXveE4

No wonder the crowd sounded kind of wtf.

Notice what got the biggest yells? Highlights. Q at the OB. Barry. AD runs.

the train bell just sounds dumb. The other bell from the previous years was much more intimidating.

KantoSooner
9/4/2013, 04:50 PM
If that's an example of what the 'younger set' is pumped up by, it is no wonder we've been lifting up the corners of rugs trying to find our defense of late.

cvsooner
9/4/2013, 04:51 PM
My only real criticism of the video is that it's got a lot of detail in it to absorb and the big screen, such as it is, doesn't allow for that. It takes a couple of viewings to really appreciate. I'm not too sure that it's not been made in mind of being seen more on phones, tablets and so on by younger folks...and those paying for the seats get to watch it also in not the greatest of viewing conditions. Still way more than we had when I was in school ('74-78). Heck, we couldn't even play night games in our stadium then; not enough lighting capacity. And if we were really lucky, the Sooners might be on TV three times in one season (OU-Texas, OU-Nebraska and the bowl game).

HateTheWhorns
9/4/2013, 06:06 PM

Amen to that. Shouldn't the vid be geared to pump up the fans? It looked and sounded like it was geared towards the players. Big difference between the demo makeup of fans vs players. The pre game music is bad enough but I get that much of it is to pump up the players. Intro vid missed the mark big time. The term goose bumps did not even cross my mind. The bands pre game ran a close 2nd. The only good thing about the day was the game.

cvsooner
9/5/2013, 12:27 PM
Nice video on the making of the intro video, which confirms my suspicions: it was very much created with younger viewers in mind. We're just a bunch of old fogeys, I reckon.

http://www.soonersports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=3048226&db_oem_id=31000