PDA

View Full Version : What Do you expect from Drew Allen at Syracuse?

stoopified
8/30/2013, 05:18 PM
Or do you even care?

This topic came to mind when I stumbled across an article on the net a feww days ago where they were talking about Drew most likely being the Orange starting qb. At that point I don't think Syracuse had made a decision yet.

To be honest I had forgotten Drew had transferred to Syracuse and when I saw the article ,I was like oh yeah,that is where he went. I hope he is the starting qb and if he is I expect him to do well. I never have had a problem with kids leaving OU to go elsewhere for playing time if they were good kids and good teammates while at OU. I'd be happy to see him put up good numbers for the Orange,......as long as we don't have to face him in a bowl game.

jkjsooner
8/30/2013, 05:29 PM
I hope he does well. I can't really add more because what I know of him is basically what I've read here. (I don't live in Oklahoma.)

That being said, some ahole OU fan went on Syracuse boards and ripped on Stoops for playing Bell as the #2 last year and for using the Belldozer. (This was before Knight was named the starter.) The 'Cuse fans couldn't believe Stoops would use a QB in such an ineffective way. The point was Stoops wouldn't. Bell was damn effective in the Belldozer and this poster was an idiot. It didn't always work but it had a higher rate of success than anything else we ever tried.

En_Fuego
8/30/2013, 06:24 PM
Good Kid, just couldn't make it. If Bomar would have panned out there would be no.. Well the rest is history ..

badger
8/30/2013, 06:29 PM
I didn't know what to expect outta Keith Nichol when he transferred to Michigan State.

Then this happened:
XRzjh-WwzRo

As such, I expect greatness outta Drew... and I'll be happy for him :)

olevetonahill
8/30/2013, 06:35 PM
Wish him well

Curly Bill
8/30/2013, 08:11 PM
I hope he does well. He was one of the few guys who've transferred from OU I felt did so for a solid reason. That being said I think as a player he'll be solid for them, though not likely anything spectacular.

swardboy
8/30/2013, 09:53 PM
To start, go 13-0, win the Heisman, be a first round draft pick.

Well, I'll settle for starting.....

swardboy
8/30/2013, 09:55 PM
But you know, if he could start and start winning games off the bat, that east coast media would probably go nuts.

stoopified
8/30/2013, 10:34 PM
But you know, if he could start and start winning games off the bat, that east coast media would probably go even more nuts.FIFY

vtsooner21
8/31/2013, 01:03 PM
Wish him the best. He went out with as much class as could be expected. Love to see Syracuse do well with him this season. (Here's hoping that he gets the start as to this point, I'm not certain if he has actually been named as the starter.) Just for the record, I followed Nichol after he went to the Spartans as well. Boomer Sooner (And go Orange)

sooner KB
8/31/2013, 01:34 PM
He's starting today. 2:30 pm!

cleller
8/31/2013, 02:23 PM
I hope he plays like a madman, wins big, and gets carried off the field.

fadada1
8/31/2013, 02:23 PM
Good luck to him. Only bad part is he has to live in Syracuse. There are few towns in this world as crappy - perhaps Tijuana is worse.

cleller
8/31/2013, 02:46 PM
http://firstrowus1.eu/watch/204521/2/watch-penn-state-vs-syracuse.html

swardboy
8/31/2013, 04:15 PM
tied at 3, halftime.

SoonerorLater
8/31/2013, 04:23 PM
Allen 7 for 13 with 70 yds passing at half, No touchdowns, no interceptions.