PDA

View Full Version : What do you want to seem tomorrow night against ULm that will give you confidence?

Mac94
8/30/2013, 11:43 AM
In your opinion, aside from the obvious ... a win ... whar are you looking for that will give you confidence in this Sooner squad? What spcifically do you want to see from Knight? What do you need to see from Mike Stoops' defense to ease any concerns on that side of the ball? What will you be watching for tomorrow night?

olevetonahill
8/30/2013, 11:48 AM
I want to SEEM a BIG win.

deweydw
8/30/2013, 11:50 AM
A smoothering D. Bringing blitz's from all over the place like MS used to do. Opponents never new were the next blitz was coming from.

olevetonahill
8/30/2013, 11:50 AM
In your opinion, aside from the obvious ... a win ... whar are you looking for that will give you confidence in this Sooner squad? What spcifically do you want to see from Knight? What do you need to see from Mike Stoops' defense to ease any concerns on that side of the ball? What will you be watching for tomorrow night?

All smartassedness aside I just want to see Solid play on both sides with Very few IF any **** ups.

cvsooner
8/30/2013, 02:38 PM
It's the first game so it will be a little rough, I'm sure.

Based on the opponent, I'm hoping to see a solid effort and results from the D, as ULM's offense is the strong point. They've got a mobile QB with a better-than-decent arm, which will be just the first of many we'll see all year. I'm hopeful for a number of three-and-outs. Watch the line play and see how involved linebackers are. That will be the key.

I'm a bit less concerned about our offense, but I would like to see the line push and running backs hit open space and go more than four yards, consistently. I'm also hoping our punting is decent. We had a great one in Tress Way, who really was under-appreciated.

salth2o
8/30/2013, 02:44 PM
A stingy defense with a few takeaways. Strong o line showing.

BigTip
8/30/2013, 03:05 PM
77-3, and I am not being a smart ***.
I want the country to look at that score (because they sure aren't going to see the game on TV) and snap their heads around and say, "holy cow!".

I also want Why do they call him AK to stay healthy. Wouldn't that be something new for a Sooner quarterback?

CatfishSooner
8/30/2013, 03:25 PM
i seem ya

SoonerorLater
8/30/2013, 03:31 PM
DT's getting an upfield push.

KantoSooner
8/30/2013, 03:36 PM
A stingy defense with a few takeaways. Strong o line showing.

This. I want the defense to penetrate and to plug holes and LBs to pursue and swarm.

I want the Oline to open running lanes that a fat, 50 year old white man could move through for first downs.

Other than that? Jaz could go back to making insane one handed grabs just for the hell of it.

fadada1
8/30/2013, 03:55 PM
Echoing others sentiments.... Defense, Defense, Defense. Controlled madness by the D-Line and LBs... solid shut-down pressure by the DBs. Even if we give up yards, I hoping we don't see any of those "how the hell was he so wide open" situations from our d-backfield.

Breadburner
8/30/2013, 03:58 PM
Under 200 total yards defensively.....

cleller
8/30/2013, 04:05 PM
I want to see Mike Stoops 10 yards off the sideline high-five'ing the D after every series.

BoulderSooner79
8/30/2013, 05:33 PM
I want to see us move the ball easily between the 20s before inevitably stalling out.

Otherwise, it won't SEEM like OU football.

Actually, since it is on PPV and I won't see it, I want to READ or HEAR how all that has changed.

jkjsooner
8/30/2013, 05:34 PM
Basically, I'd like to see the lines dominate. I'd like to see a good run game. I'd also like to see some success throwing the ball in mid-range passes.

I'm not too worried if we throw a couple of interceptions...

SoonerKnight
8/30/2013, 05:54 PM
Int's.....Int's.....that's what I want to see. A D that swarms to the ball and anticipates the qb.!!!!

SoonerForLife92
8/30/2013, 06:08 PM
The only time I recall in the last decade that OU stopped a "running" QB was martinez. (I guess you could maybe count chase daniel). But seeing as how he (martinez) was hurt and we had a lot of luck that game I don't count it. So seeing our defense be able to stop a scrambling qb for once would really help give me confidence. Plus everything else others have said about the run game/line of scrimmage/defense.

ouwasp
8/30/2013, 06:11 PM
Three and outs

ULM's offense doing the three and outs, of course. OU's defense causing the multiple three and outs...

Sabanball
8/30/2013, 11:42 PM
Knight break the single game passing yardage record.

okiewaker
8/30/2013, 11:59 PM
Regardless of way the offense plays, they will come into their own and score,,,and score well. My eyes will be on the Defense,,,. If we bone up,,well be very good.

SouthFortySooner
8/31/2013, 12:09 AM
Since the debacle in JerryWorld a few years ago, I have no expectations for an opener.

Curly Bill
8/31/2013, 12:54 AM
Would like to see a defensive lineman or two that can whoop someone's arse in front of em, and a linebacker or two that can avoid getting blocked and make a tackle.

agoo758
8/31/2013, 01:40 AM
ULM is not as good as everyone on this board thinks. If we don't dominate....Constantly pressure and sack the qb or force him to throw it away, 2 or 3 turnovers, and rack up 500 plus yards, we can be sure that this will not be the best of seasons.

Since71ASooner4Life
8/31/2013, 07:40 AM
I want to see Mike Stoops 10 yards off the sideline high-five'ing the D after every series.

Bingo

Boomer.....
8/31/2013, 09:41 AM
Based on a few of our recent first games, I am not expecting a blow out. I would be happy with a 2 touchdown win with our defense not giving up huge plays. We have a lot of new players who will only get better as the season goes on.

Soonerwake
8/31/2013, 10:52 PM
So, who's excited with what they seem? :friendly_wink:

We may just have a defense again. I think the coach hires this offseason may turn out to be pretty darned good... And Knight is exciting to watch...

olevetonahill
8/31/2013, 11:00 PM
So, who's excited with what they seem? :friendly_wink:

We may just have a defense again. I think the coach hires this offseason may turn out to be pretty darned good... And Knight is exciting to watch...
I seem to be excited a Bit

CatfishSooner
8/31/2013, 11:02 PM
I VERY ESCITED..

Wishboned
8/31/2013, 11:05 PM
I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet...but I am looking for the pitcher.

CatfishSooner
8/31/2013, 11:08 PM
I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet...but I am looking for the pitcher.

ELECTRIC KOOLAID

Soonerwake
8/31/2013, 11:13 PM
I just liked that our front seven on D was making plays while our o-line looked physical once they got going.. I know it's one game and ULM sucks, but they averaged a bunch of points last year and our D put a whooping on them.. We have a long way to go and will face some very good offenses this year, but I'm optimistic..

I'm with u wishbone.. That koolaid is calling....