PDA

View Full Version : University of Tulsa Tonight

Piware
8/29/2013, 04:37 PM
TU is on tonight at 6:00 p.m. ESPNU.

cherokeebrewer
8/29/2013, 04:45 PM
Tulsa vs Bowling Green... Should be a fun game to watch.

Widescreen
8/29/2013, 07:12 PM
I had directv last year and ESPNU was in HD. It apparently isn't on Dish. Bummer.

olevetonahill
8/29/2013, 07:23 PM
3 zip BG kinda boring so far.

aurorasooner
8/29/2013, 07:26 PM
Tulsa vs Bowling Green... Should be a fun game to watch. thx, didn't know Tulsa was on.
I was getting ready to switch one of the small monitors to FX-1 (Utah/U-State) from the Golf Channel, where Natalie Gulbis is paired with Michelle Wie and both are playing pretty good. Both look extremely hot today especially Natalie (nice set of lungs in a tight sweater), and she had a hole in one earlier. It'd be a hard call if Gulbis/Wie/Creamer/or that hot US blond--can't remember her name were paired together vs watching a secondary or 3rd CFB game.

Mac94
8/29/2013, 08:28 PM
Not used to seeing Tulsa this off offensively. used to them putting up yards and points

bluedogok
8/29/2013, 09:47 PM
They looked bad tonight, I still don't understand why they went with Blankenship, after all John Phillips was such a strong, old high school basketball coach who won't leave us hire. They need to understand what their place is, they are a stepping stone job and they were successful with that type of hire.

aurorasooner
8/29/2013, 09:57 PM
Utah/Utah St. is a helluva game. In the 3rd, Utah was down by 9, kicked a FG, and then on-side kicked and scored a TD so they're now up by 1, 24-23, with the 4th qtr just starting. They're knocking the livin' cheet out of each other and pulling out all the stops. Good game. This Utah St. QB is really good.

badger
8/29/2013, 10:18 PM
TU and Blank were both due for an off year after all the success Hurricane's had lately. Ah well they had quite a few good years lately for being the smallest school to field FBS football

Mac94
8/29/2013, 10:26 PM
True ... just hard to see them lay an egg like that. Always root for them (except against OU or A&M) ... state pride I guess.

cherokeebrewer
8/30/2013, 08:54 AM
Tulsa vs Bowling Green... Should be a fun game to watch.

That was ugly and it's also likely my last prediction for this season...

KantoSooner
8/30/2013, 09:52 AM
I generally root for them and they delighted me a few years ago by beating ND in South Bend, but last night was horrific. Nothing was ready to go.
This could be a long season for them if they don't start fixing a LOT of things.

badger
8/30/2013, 10:12 AM
I love you Cole Way, mostly because your older brother Tress was a great punter for us, BUT....
http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/fls/31000/old_site/images/20110903_ways.jpg
Cole, why the **** did you juke on the fake punt inside your own 20 instead of just diving for the first down

KantoSooner
8/30/2013, 11:06 AM
Excellent question. Not the whole game, but Tulsa was still in it at that point.

cvsooner
8/30/2013, 02:58 PM
Utah/Utah St. is a helluva game. In the 3rd, Utah was down by 9, kicked a FG, and then on-side kicked and scored a TD so they're now up by 1, 24-23, with the 4th qtr just starting. They're knocking the livin' cheet out of each other and pulling out all the stops. Good game. This Utah St. QB is really good.

Yeah, he's the same little dude who gave us such fits three years ago and Stoops was famously caught saying in exasperation "It's Utah State!" to our defense. This team went 11-2 last season and is quite good. I'm starting to think we were really fortunate to come out with a win. Heh, they play USC in a couple of weeks. I'm looking for the Trojans to lose.

badger
8/30/2013, 03:24 PM
As disappointed as I was in Tulsa yesterday, the dunce cap of the night goes to UConn (lost at home to FCS Towson)

EDIT: here, in dishonor of losing and their sh!tty new logo:
http://picasion.com/pic73/c05f6ed85afecdaa6a31d5e45d577ad0.gif

SoonerorLater
8/30/2013, 03:29 PM
I'm afraid it could be a long year for Tulsa. Anemic defense and a lethargic offense. I've never been impressed by Cody Green at QB. Trey Watts looks like he has regressed.