PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Night Football: S. Carolina @ North Carolina

8timechamps
8/29/2013, 04:06 PM
ESPN is already doing the pre-game. I guess the season is actually here!

Anyway, it's 103° right now, and is expected to still be over 100° at kick-off. I think UNC is going to find it tough to move the ball on USC, but I'm not sure the Cocks will have a ton of success moving it against the Tar Heels either.

I think UNC covers the spread, but loses the game.

SCSoonerfan
8/29/2013, 04:35 PM
Yeah its pretty damn hot out here right now. Been at a tailgate with some coworkers/friends since about 10am. Crowd is pretty juiced up and ready to go. Cant wait to get football started and cant wait until the Boomers take the field Saturday for when the real season starts.

Breadburner
8/29/2013, 07:10 PM
S.C. is out of shape......!!!!

Sabanball
8/29/2013, 07:42 PM
Did I miss the NCAA suspending Clowney for every other down or something? So far he's been a total non factor....

jkjsooner
8/30/2013, 08:10 AM
When the Tar Heels did come his way, left tackle James Hurst -- an all-ACC player with NFL hopes of his own -- did a solid job keeping No. 7 in check. Clowney didn't agree, saying it was more North Carolina's tempo than Hurst's blocking that got to him.

"I wasn't really impressed like I was against the guy from Michigan,'' Clowney said, referring to Wolverines' Taylor Lewan.

What an ahole. Why can't Clowney give credit when it's due. The UNC guy did a pretty good job.

8timechamps
8/30/2013, 05:18 PM
What an ahole. Why can't Clowney give credit when it's due. The UNC guy did a pretty good job.

No kidding. From what little I was able to see (and the highlights), the last thing he needs to be doing is dogging anyone.

I get that DEs don't necessarily stand out on every play (and sometimes for an entire game), but I saw nothing special out of Clowney last night. Other than his lack of endurance.