PDA

View Full Version : Sooner football brag list

stoopified
8/29/2013, 08:10 AM
Haven't updated the brag list but here goes

OU has an all-time record of 831-310-53 with a .718 winning percentage,the wins total is 6th best in major college history and the winning % is third best. 7 National championship with another 17 NCs (Alabama style) where some expert, computer or organization crowned OU #1.OU also boasts 44 conference titles.

OU IS THE only scholl with FOUR coaches who have won at least 100 games at their school
Bennie Owen 122-54-1
Bud Wilkinson 145-29-4
Barry Switzer 157-29-4
Bob Stoops 149-37

With 46 bowl appearences ranks 7th and with 27 win s OU ranks tied for third

In addition OU is the winningest program over the modern era 587-178--13 with.763% with all 7 champioships in that era

The Sooners are the highest scoring team in history with 32,428 points,with 15,374 points OU is 6th in points allowed

Then there is the 47 game winning streak,longest in major college history,has survived challenge for 56 years

In addition the Soonershave had 153 first team All-Americans,458 First team All-conference selections

64 National Award Winners including:

5 Heisman Trophy winners

5 Outland Award winners

4 Walter Camp National Player of the Year winners

3 Lombardi Award winners

4 Butkus Award winners

Named #1 CFB program of all time by College football news

Named #1 CFB program of all time by Parade magazine

Voted #1 CFB program all time by SCOUT

Next time a rival fans starts bragging up their school,lay some of this info on them. If I come up with anything else I will ad to this list.

En_Fuego
8/29/2013, 10:47 PM
Notice the absence of sabanball.....lmao

Mac94
8/29/2013, 10:52 PM
Bama has a great history of their own ... but one thing OU has one everyone is Bud's boys 47 game streak. Even in Bama's great current run they've lost 5 times the three years. OU takes a back seat to no one.

Sabanball
8/29/2013, 11:15 PM
Notice the absence of sabanball.....lmao

I'm here.

I respect OU and their tradition just as much as I do with my tide. Overall since ww II I would rank your program no. 1--but to maintain that I think Bob needs to win another NC, and soon. Remember, our two schools define success by how many championships you have, not how many 10 win seasons, championship game appearances you have, win percentage, etc. I think that is what is unique about our two schools, and one reason I follow both of them.

Sabanball
8/29/2013, 11:39 PM
Bama has a great history of their own ... but one thing OU has one everyone is Bud's boys 47 game streak. Even in Bama's great current run they've lost 5 times the three years. OU takes a back seat to no one.

Mac, I would agree. The 47 game win streak is one of those records that will probably never be broken.
I spent ten years in the state and so am well versed in Oklahoma football. No 1 program of all time? Not sure about that, but they are definitely top 3 all time and deserve to be in the conversation, along with Bama and Notre Dame, IMO...

Btw, are you guys ready for the rv invasion on 9/14?:)

stoopified
8/30/2013, 07:37 AM
Haven't updated the brag list but here goes

OU has an all-time record of 831-310-53 with a .718 winning percentage,the wins total is 6th best in major college history and the winning % is third best. 7 National championship with another 17 NCs (Alabama style) where some expert, computer or organization crowned OU #1.OU also boasts 44 conference titles.

OU IS THE only scholl with FOUR coaches who have won at least 100 games at their school
Bennie Owen 122-54-1
Bud Wilkinson 145-29-4
Barry Switzer 157-29-4
Bob Stoops 149-37

With 46 bowl appearences ranks 7th and with 27 win s OU ranks tied for third

In addition OU is the winningest program over the modern era 587-178--13 with.763% with all 7 champioships in that era

The Sooners are the highest scoring team in history with 32,428 points,with 15,374 points OU is 6th in points allowed
OU has scored 50+ points in a game 148 times(#1)

Then there is the 47 game winning streak,longest in major college history,has survived challenge for 56 years

In addition the Soonershave had 153 first team All-Americans,458 First team All-conference selections

64 National Award Winners including:

5 Heisman Trophy winners

5 Outland Award winners

4 Walter Camp National Player of the Year winners

3 Lombardi Award winners

4 Butkus Award winners

34 10 win season(#1),20 11 win seasons (#1)
In the history the AP poll(oldest poll in college footballOKLAHOM is numer ONE in weeks at #1,Top 5,Top 10 ranking

In BCS era OU i has more weeks ranked #1 (20),weeks ranked in Top 5 (48) Top 10 (63)
Next time a rival fans starts bragging up their school,lay some of this info on them. If I come up with anything else I will ad to this list. As promised I have added to the list,still researching .

BigTip
8/30/2013, 08:03 AM
Why not add the crowning by College Football News as OU being the #1 post war program.
I think Sports Illustrated did one too that said the same thing.

Mac94
8/30/2013, 11:30 AM
Btw, are you guys ready for the rv invasion on 9/14?

The Corps is on full mobilization orders ;)

OU_Sooners75
8/30/2013, 02:42 PM

Mac, I would agree. The 47 game win streak is one of those records that will probably never be broken.
I spent ten years in the state and so am well versed in Oklahoma football. No 1 program of all time? Not sure about that, but they are definitely top 3 all time and deserve to be in the conversation, along with Bama and Notre Dame, IMO...

Btw, are you guys ready for the rv invasion on 9/14?:)

Im sorry, Notre Dame does not belong in that conversation. Their glory years was before WWII.

stoopified
8/31/2013, 08:54 AM
Why not add the crowning by College Football News as OU being the #1 post war program.
I think Sports Illustrated did one too that said the same thing.Couldn't find the SI poll but did find the CFN one and another by Parade Magazine naming Oklahoma all-time #1.