PDA

View Full Version : Impact player(s): ULM game

8timechamps
8/28/2013, 09:08 PM
Who do you think will impact the game the most on offense and defense this week?

Offense: Roy Finch - I think he's been chomping at the bit to get on the field, and even though he may not have as many touches as the other backs, I think he makes the most of his carries/catches and makes the biggest impact.

Defense: Corey Nelson - It's put up or shut up time for Nelson. All I've heard all off season is how much of a leader Nelson has become, and how excited he is to prove he (and the other LBs) belong on the field. I think he puts his money where his mouth is against ULM.

colleyvillesooner
8/28/2013, 09:12 PM
Offense: Knight I think he wows the home crowd and shows us what Bob saw.

Defense: Frank Shannon. 1 sack and a FF.

BigJerm7
8/28/2013, 11:17 PM
Chijoke Onyenegecha

SoonerInHSV
8/28/2013, 11:32 PM
This offense goes as far as the freshman QB can take us. If he plays well, he is getting the ball to ALL the other skill players. So I go with Knight on the offense because his play will have the biggest impact whether good or bad.

On the defense, we will go as well as our D-line goes. If they play well it will take the pressure off the LB's and DB's. So I am going with the much awaited Quincy Russell.

Scott D
8/29/2013, 05:28 AM
Chijoke Onyenegecha

I'm going to see your bet and raise you a Michael Thompson.

PrideMom
8/29/2013, 09:42 AM
Millard

deweydw
8/29/2013, 09:56 AM
^^^ This.

KantoSooner
8/29/2013, 10:01 AM
I love watchibng Millard but I'm going to assume Metoyer has figured out where the sideline is and has a coming out party.

stoopified
8/29/2013, 10:31 AM
Jalen Sanders will catch at l5 passes and have an impact in the return game/On D I hope Shannon and Cory Nelson return us to the days of lbs being the leading tacklers and not dbs.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/29/2013, 10:33 AM
I would say I'm an impacted player.

birddog
8/29/2013, 11:57 AM
Saunders will have atleast 130 receiving. He's damn near impossible to tackle.

cherokeebrewer
8/29/2013, 12:06 PM
Yep, Saunders has become a heckava game changer for us. Him and Shep will be lethal. I'm looking forward to Quincy Russell, Eric Striker and Charles Tapper on defense.

Breadburner
8/29/2013, 12:12 PM
Dimon......!!

OU_Sooners75
8/29/2013, 02:42 PM
Offense: Brennan clay

Defense Quincy Russell

KantoSooner
8/29/2013, 02:50 PM
Hey 75, What do you know about Russell. I only got the little bit that accompanied his transfer. Looks great on paper and in a few clips and photos. Do you know more? I want to get excited but am trying to be realistic.

thecrimsoncrusader
8/29/2013, 02:51 PM
Offense: Trevor Knight (the Sooners will play it safe and he'll still rack up the passing and rushing numbers. 300+ passing with 3 TD passes and 100+ rushing yards and 2 TD rushes)

Defense: Quincy Russell (this really needs to happen (or some other DT))

thecrimsoncrusader
8/29/2013, 02:54 PM
Hey 75, What do you know about Russell. I only got the little bit that accompanied his transfer. Looks great on paper and in a few clips and photos. Do you know more? I want to get excited but am trying to be realistic.

Not 75, but aside from the good prep credentials and the JUCO all-American status, Coach Stoops has been very impressed by his conditioning and ability early on. Some OU players on both sides of the ball have even been saying he's a beast. There's reason for optimism here, especially after the non-existent DT play from 2010 through 2012.

birddog
8/29/2013, 03:01 PM
stoops said russell really likes to work and chasing down a screen 30 or 40 yards away. also said he will make an impact right away but needs to clean up technique. who doesn't?

OU_Sooners75
8/29/2013, 03:51 PM

Everything I am hearing for pay sites is that he will be a beast! He is fast and plays with great leverage.

And that with the plan Montgomery has him on since he is only in his second week with the team, he should see 20-30 snaps.

Every player around him says he is a very good player. And have hinted that he is the type that can be a nightmare for opposing OL.

I am basing on hearsay and second hand knowledge. But the raves have been all positive.

8timechamps
8/29/2013, 03:59 PM
I would say I'm an impacted player.

I bet there are several crappers out there that would beg to differ.

KantoSooner
8/29/2013, 04:55 PM
Thanks all, don't get me wrong, I hope QR is the real deal. It's just when I check my hole card, I realize I really don't know that much about him.