PDA

View Full Version : 2013 College Football Meltdown Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

badger
12/31/2013, 12:44 PM
after malcolm was caught on TV uttering "b1tch azz nigg@" as he was going out of bounds they repeated that phrase the rest of the game, edited and otherwise. i am probably going to eventually get some warnings from real mods for reposting some of that stuff, even if it gets filtered upon copy/paste

Soonerjeepman
12/31/2013, 04:57 PM
Those Texas quotes are disturbing. Too many anal and phallic references on that site. Beyond odd.

no doubt

cherokeebrewer
12/31/2013, 06:30 PM
Those Texas quotes are disturbing. Too many anal and phallic references on that site. Beyond odd.

There are some seriously sick people on shaggy...seriously

picasso
12/31/2013, 07:04 PM
Hey I could throw out some good rod humor back in 8th grade.

badger
1/3/2014, 12:30 PM
OU 45, Bama 31
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/dee-dee-bonner-and-katherine-webb-react-to-aj-mccarron-fumble.gif?w=640

Let me say at the outset that the policy against coach and player bashing will be enforced. I've had to suspend four and I don't want to do any more. If you've had to much to drink, don't post

I'm serious in that there will be no more drunken sarcasm and terrible attempt at wit. This is a place for a serious discussion of the game, not a stage for one liners. If you can't adjust to that, don't post...

Sorry I can't give them credit. They didn't beat us we beat ourselves

Real mature with the overrated chants OU

This 'bowl' championship stuff is too much. You won a bowl game. It's not a championship.

Auburn is having a field day on me. I need lovin' from my wife

ADMIN NOTE: No more posts by LSU fans until further notice...

Warning to prospective OU members...

I know you don't read the policies before you agree that you'll follow them, so I'll lay out a few. This is a no smack board - period. Likewise, we don't allow ignorant sparring and smart-butt remarks, especially from rival fans. If that's what you think you're coming here for, save me the trouble of kicking you out. There are many Bama boards which are laxly moderated to not moderated at all. Go find one of them. If you want to discuss the upcoming game and football in general, then TF is the board for you. In our last series, about a decade ago, I don't remember this influx of OU fans who had to be banned with less than 20 posts. I don't know where the "chip on the shoulder" 'tude came from, but it's not going to be allowed...

Staff
i'll do more later maybe. for the most part they were the fun bammers we remember from the home-and-home in the early aughts. very little bitterness or snippy. of course, those ones might have gotten banned and removed overnight :D

badger
1/3/2014, 12:56 PM
Quarter 1: OU, 14 Bama 10

http://media.thenewstribune.com/smedia/2014/01/03/00/54/749-ISa9P.AuSt.55.jpeg

Hey Stoops, remember what a defense is? No? Here it is

Okies look like the Washington Generals In a Globetrotter game

#BestTeamInTheCountry

So then, they intercept us, and then AJ forces into triple coverage. and now, sf.com, the fun starts...

Bad words, very bad words

Poop

These officials just aren't going to throw a flag on anything, are they?

Um, I thought they weren't supposed to have a passing game...

Bad words

Bad words....

If we just had 12 players

Very, very, very bad words...

Ok. I'm tired of the pro-Oklahoma garbage by ESPN. Wonder who they are pulling for? How can we trail "again" when this is OU's first lead?

badger
1/3/2014, 01:15 PM
Quarter 2: OU 31, Bama 17
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2014/01/24.gif

I was hoping we would blow them out

Oh flitter

Well, snot

FUMBLE-ITIS. The Butterfinger truck showed up next to the Sugar Bowl. LOL! what else can you do

Geezzz what dumb luck OU has had so far

We just forced a fumble on ourselves

don't get banned, don't get banned.............

We're making big game bob look good

My stomach hurts...

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue

We not as good as we thought we were. Sorry

This is the end my friend. This is the end

Utah thy name is Oklahoma. Dang

Glad the only money i spent on this game was 7 bucks for a six pack of beer

Beginning to hate the Sugar Bowl

Worst part of it was I wanted to shut up Stoops after he ran his mouth about the SEC. Nauseating....game not over, but I wanted to dominate them, not give them any hope

Man, I will never question Bob Stoops again!! Lol

All you quitters saying it's over, STOP POSTING!!

Well OU is only ahead because we have helped them out

All right, sunshine pumpers, come on out and get us pumped up. What do we need to do to win? Anything is possible

This is a Coach Nick Saban football team. I swear I saw Mark Price for a minute

(Hey guys, I've been at work. What's going on? :D)

A joint TideFans suicide pact

I drank too early!

deweydw
1/3/2014, 02:10 PM
Great job badger!!

badger
1/3/2014, 03:50 PM
what the heck i'll keep going, it's like i'm getting to relive the game by reading this sh!t:
Quarter 3: OU 31, Bama 24
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3800663/bamatd.gif
(it was not a good quarter for us)

Good grief - a beautiful return all for nothing. Come on Bama.

Don't forget folks - we've played so "poorly" we're on the pace for 700 yards.

Truly we are doing terrible (blue font intended)

It's the old reliable stuff

It looks like Alabama is out there playing defense!!!!

#Chokelahoma

yes, that quarter sucked. OK, moving on to quarter 4...

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/social_assets/cfb/1_2_2014/AD%20reaction.gif

Come on Bama stop helping them out

I just got a strange feeling we are going to come back and win

1st and 30 and still can't stop 'em

All kinds of bad words!!!

I'm not saying we suck tonight but ..........

I dread hearing how Stoops owns Bama

will we see "honk if you sacked AJ" bumper stickers ?

Omg I am going to pass out

They owe us a turnover

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh rat bags

Well now we get to here more Stoops talking crap about the SEC

He's a punk crybaby. He didn't do squat coaching wise to cause the 3 turnovers we gifted them in the first half

Not that Kentucky did much against us, but I wonder if Stoops talked to his brother in prepping for this game

What trash!

markenk
Suspended
This message has been deleted by crimsonaudio.
Reason
see you in six months

This has to be the WORST officiated game we've had all year!!!!!

ACC officials suck!!!!!!!

A screen pass for 80 yards and a TD! Make it happen!

Our father who art in heaven.................

And then this happens:
http://i0.wp.com/gifsection.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/AJ-McCarron-fumbles-to-end-the-Sugar-Bowl.gif?resize=500%2C280

Well that is bull crap

This was bad karma from the start. AJ said he was cheering for Auburn

Our route combinations are horrible! I hate sports!

How the heck an Bob Stoops coached team manage to exploit every one of out deficiencies boggles my mind

OU had three new offensive linemen in this game and we're making excuses about our DB's??

dare me to do baylor? :D

Mac94
1/3/2014, 03:55 PM
dare me to do baylor?

Oh ... I triple dog dare you to break down the carebears! ;)

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/3/2014, 04:00 PM
I double dog dare you!

cherokeebrewer
1/3/2014, 04:04 PM
Bama fans seem tame compared to most others...

BoulderSooner79
1/3/2014, 04:07 PM
All meltdowns are lame compared to Shaggy. But there were a few clever comments in there.

badger
1/3/2014, 04:18 PM
I've been giving you and your team sh!t all season so I probably owe you...

UCF 52, Baylor 42
http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/collegefootball/baylor-road-woes.jpg

OH **** YOU!

Holy sh*t man

Jeebus...

Get Burt the **** off the field

wow, our DB's suck

Unbelievably filthy curse words!

We officially suck

Enjoy your trophy, UCF: and hope you join Big XII...

pull the gold dome out of your *** 54

god we are so ****ing undisciplined

you get a flag, and you get a flag, and you get a flag....EVERYONE GETS A FLAG

oh....my. god.

Quit f*cking grabbing. Damn it.

I'm absolutely embarrassed for the posters on this board who talked so much ****, acting like UCF is beneath us yada yada....just embarrassing

This is JUST. F*CKING. WONDERFUL.

Well maybe UT won't be so interested anymore

hahahahahaha ****ing defense is garbage

f*ck this man

The Tostito Penalty Bowl

Pwned by a commuter school.

Just lovely.

And nice accounting we made for the Big 12 conference as well. League champs ... And that's the best we could do against a team that's been a major program for about 20 years and change ...

Hate the look of quit on our players. Unbecoming of the people we have and effort that's been put forth all year

My TCU fan friends are already reminding me who has a trophy. I want to throw up

Mac94
1/3/2014, 04:27 PM
:applouse: BRAVO!

soonergirlNeugene
1/3/2014, 04:28 PM
TBH, if you wanted to fully cover the Bama game meltdown, you'd need to post everything from Texags, Hornfans/Shaggy, and Orangepower/Gopokes. B/c from what I was reading when I did the rounds of all the boards last night, EVERYONE else in CFB was a Sooner fan for one night. Even LSU. Auburn. Notre Dame. Oregon. Ohio State. And to their credit, the Texas and Pokie fan bases were pretty evenly split.

badger
1/3/2014, 04:30 PM
yeaaaaaah this is just a community service that i do here i personally don't care THAT much :)

soonergirlNeugene
1/3/2014, 04:31 PM
lol I was soaking it in. Wins like that don't come around all that often. And judging by what I've been seeing on ESPN and elsewhere, we regained a lot of goodwill on the CFB landscape last night.

soonergirlNeugene
1/3/2014, 04:34 PM
I will say that the Texags meltdown was surprisingly sincere. That fanbase wasn't split at all, and seemed to take the Bama loss personally. Talk about living vicariously through your conference. You can take the Aggie out of the basement, but you can't take the basement out of the Aggie.

picasso
1/3/2014, 09:11 PM
I will say that the Texags meltdown was surprisingly sincere. That fanbase wasn't split at all, and seemed to take the Bama loss personally. Talk about living vicariously through your conference. You can take the Aggie out of the basement, but you can't take the basement out of the Aggie.

77-0.

badger
1/4/2014, 01:39 PM
Mizzou 41, ok last 31
http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/ocolly.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/e/55/e5563fca-751e-11e3-a7aa-0019bb30f31a/52c7ce38939ba.preview-300.jpg

THIS IS TOTAL BS

FU ZERBRAS YOU SUCK

ZEBRAS COST US A TOUCHDOWN OH WELL THE OFFENSE WILL SCORE ONE HERE AND WIN THIS GAME

Come on Mike, grab the legos and cook something up

The words out. The great, almighty SEC can't lose 2 games to the BIG12!

Penalties can only go against the non-SEC team, dontcha know

Butthole puckering time. This is where our defense usually folds like a wet taco

So goddamn typical of our defense. FFFFFFFFFFFFFF****CCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** this game.

Gooner magic

Bend over gunny

And there goes the **** right down our leg....

**** THESE ****ING REFS

I hate stuff right now. A lot of stuff

We got ****ed, yet again. Gundy is a puss

POKE CHOKE IS ALIVE AND WELL

YES THEY DID THESE REFS CAN ROT IN HELL THANKS FOR THE SCREWJOB ZEBRAS

Losing is in our blood, will never change, at least not with Gundy

boomer sooner happened

Worse than being a cubs fan I swear

WE WILL WIN OUR NEXT GAME

RAGE QUIT!!!

Choke State for a reason

We suck

Gonna drown my sorrows in Braum's egg nog

What a bunch of bull**** I could handle losing fair and square but to have the god damn ref hand them the game on a plater is just sicking

After 47 years of Loyal and True fanhood, I can finally say that I've had enough. Being an OSU fan has brought me way more pain than joy. I'm done. I don't know how I'll do it, but I have to. My blood pressure and general enjoyment of life is severely impaired by being an OSU fan. Enjoy it, but I can't anymore

The refs definitely ****ed us. That being said, we lost this game, just like the wvu and ou games because Gundy is a giant *****. He doesn't play call, he doesn't manage TOs or substitutions. And he definitely doesn't handle refs when they're screwing his players. I don't know what he does, but he doesn't get the job done

We should probably add it to the Alma Mater Hymn to be honest.

Proud and immortal
Bright Shines Your Name
Those crooked refs are to blame
Oklahoma State
We Herald Your Fame
Ever You'll Find Us
Loyal and True
To Our Alma Mater
O - S - U

Gundy needs to needs to get over his pride and start manning the glory hole in the refs locker room cause I am sick and tired of losing because of the MF refs

We really need to start paying our players again

I do think Gundy should only collect a paycheck for the ou game if he wins. He is getting alot of money to go 1 and 8 against them

I'm gonna go slam my balls in the car door a few times

If any of you says glory hole again I'm deleting my profile

Y'all go to sooner hell! The refs robbed us of that game and you know it. We played like junk but if they give us the pic 6 OR use the same standards on the end zone throw before the fumble we
Win the game.

he learned he could keep timeouts and take them home and frame them. Bedlam timeouts are especially prized because well golly those are his friends down there in Norman. Gundy only use timeouts for important games

he is already peeing down his leg, just like he does when he hears ou

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1520824_782965655050462_2061847573_n.jpgThis helps, trust me

after the bedlam game. I deleted so fast like it was going to give my DVR a virus

Traber saying we will be contending for the 4 team playoff in 2015.........TEAM ON THE RISE!

It's getting late and OSU is still running bubble screens and inside zones

Gloomy times in Stillwater for the Cowboys. But how bout those COWGIRLS...undefeated :) Maybe they will have a good softball team this year and beat the sooners?!?!?!

We can't have nice things

My wife just assured me its not my new phantom Pete sweatshirt's fault we lost. It apparently in her simple mind is just a sweatshirt. I haven't bought an OSU piece of clothing in a couple years that is a big game winner. Stupid shirt - I knew I should payed the 30 dollars for a nacho victory shirt 2 years ago in Arizona

That would be stupid...protest this 10 win team by not buying season tickets...just stupid for a program that has had less than 10 seasons with that many wins...Back when we made the Cotton Bowl the first time under Miles / Gundy everyone was just happy to be there...now we talk about boycotting the program after 10 freaking win seasons

If Trevor Knight can go 32/44 against Alabama we for sure can witness Mason Rudolph make magic happen against FSU.

HEY! WE WON THE ALAMO BOWL AND WON 11 GAMES!

Jesus. This sucks.

I hope you all enjoyed that. Now, enjoy this:
cyg5tZReO-s

Be sure to tune in to basketball board for more gold from shaggy and OP in the coming months. Hook em :eddie:

BetterSoonerThanLater
1/4/2014, 01:44 PM
Random fact of the day: OUs 45 pts are the most BAMA has allowed in a regulation game since a 45-30 loss to FLA in the 1996SECCG. That FLA defense was coached by Bob Stoops

OklaPony
1/4/2014, 05:10 PM
The video clip of Gundy is awesome, good on him for taking the opportunity to get a sideswipe in on SI.

The rest of the comments are just priceless and I'm happy that we didn't have to post our own stuff in this thread after our bowl game, lol. I was hoping O-S-Who would win theirs but, oh well, there's always next year, Pokies. #teamonthrise [hairGel]

SicEmBaylor
1/4/2014, 05:35 PM
yeaaaaaah this is just a community service that i do here i personally don't care THAT much :)

My words from kickoff to the end are no match for the board's swear filter. You might as well just type out a long string of stars.

badger
1/4/2014, 10:19 PM
Be sure to tune in to basketball board for more gold from shaggy and OP in the coming months. Hook em :eddie:

Sooo... I guess you all won't have to wait very long for this. Tune in later tonight, courtesy of OUr mens basketball team (and K-State's too I guess)

EDIT: Go here! (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?181414-2013-14-College-basketball-meltdowns&p=4306058#post4306058) I promise the basketball forum still exists!

badger
1/7/2014, 10:24 AM
All right folks, hope you enjoyed this season of meltdowns. Please don't start another thread next season unless you intend to do all these yourself. ;)

Also, please go to the basketball forum, if for no other reason than there's also a meltdown thread there. Our teams are not that bad, I promise, and if you ignore the reffing changes you may have fun watching.

And now, the final curtain:

Florida State 34, SEC 31
http://imgick.al.com/home/bama-media/pgmain/img/alphotos/photo/2014/01/auburn-tigers-fans-215e5559e7b78a18.jpg

DAMN TV COMMERCIALS

"Fanstasy: cars cannot jump on trains"

The biggest fantasy in that commercial is that two men let a women drive and they didn't die

As a Bama fan i know me posting is dangerous.

But if this is what the nation keeps sending our conference you guys may be popping champagne soon.

Easy to win the Heisman with an ACC schedule

WHERE DAT HEISMAN AT, WINSTON?

Auburn ain't IDAHO or WAKE FOREST

When are these SEC-hating, ohio state-loving big 10 refs ever going to call holding on fsu????

we've won the first 3 quarters. I'm a little concerned about the last one
Yes, it is time for quarter No. 4...

If we get to 30 we win. We can still get it done with less but 30 is a guarantee

bammer is already a loser. they are at home. probably still spraying painting our buildings

Paid off refs tonighr

makeitendmakeitendmakeitendmakeitend!!!!

Crap. Crap, crap, crap

No fighting right now guys. POSITIVE enrgy, breath in breath out happy stuff only

I am 19 years old and this freaking game is going to give me a heartattack

Nooooooo

Story of game.... No holding calls on fsu

fat lady is doing the chop chop. dang it

meh, i guess when you've won one recently you don't meltdown as much. ah well.

sooner46
1/7/2014, 04:55 PM
Thanks, Badger for your work and time.

KantoSooner
1/7/2014, 04:56 PM
hear, hear! Thoroughly enjoyed throughout the year. Thanx!

BoulderSooner79
1/7/2014, 04:58 PM
hear, hear! Thoroughly enjoyed throughout the year. Thanx!

+1 x1000

badger
7/3/2014, 01:02 PM
I am sick of talking about DGB, so I am resurrecting this thread for ONE and only ONE post:
http://media2.kjrh.com/photo/2014/06/26/OU_Regents_approve__370_million_Stadium__174049000 1_6530689_ver1.0_640_480.jpg
Thread title: "Stadium wars continue with OU's latest news" (http://www.orangepower.com/threads/stadium-wars-continue-with-ous-latest-news.189046/)

As we have now witnessed over the last 3 or 4 years, other schools have been forced to make huge commitments and are trying to keep up

It's not really a war. We set the bar and they're trying to play catch up. Keyword is trying

It's so cute how OU wants to be like us. Kind of like your 35-year old brother who lives in your parents' garage apartment and wears your old high school baseball hat

just about any media member (even those who cover ou) will tell you that OSU has a better stadium

OSU's is at least NICER. i don't think that can be disputed right now.

i have heard that recruits who visit ou after OSU are not impressed with ou's facilities

OU added a carport to a trailer.... OSU built a Mansion!

Owen field is a dump. You can't polish a turd

BPS is a NICER stadium than gaylord and OSU has better facilities than ou. recruits say it all the time

i'm going to get dragged back kicking and screaming to do a 2014 version of this damn thread aren't i. it's just too damn fun not to :stunned:

Pricetag
7/3/2014, 03:46 PM
They have to try even harder to tell themselves they have the nicest facilities now.

BoulderSooner79
7/3/2014, 04:47 PM
I suspect the DGB thing will garner a few good comments on other fan boards.

picasso
7/3/2014, 10:47 PM
The pokes have a 5 star JUCO stadium.

picasso
7/3/2014, 10:57 PM
And we started doing stadium upgrades decades ago. The poke fans think they pioneered something.
Dorks.